Gaz_1989

Boxing At The Weekend...

9 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

It makes me cringe with embarrassment for him whenever i listen to his line of patter.

He seems totally oblivious to how there will be other chaps of his era up and down the country who were around boxing gyms in the 80,s and witnessed some of his antics......and who will be  chuckling away watching him talk about morals,honesty and principals !

If anyone around Yorkshire way happens to know an ex fighter called Frank Grant or Terry Day from John Celabanski's old gym they,ll tell you some funny things about Mr Partridges gym exploits....Mr Fury i mean.

Maybe IV got it wrong with him gnash, I just liked his few words about wanting nothing to do to with the present society, an prefers the old ways mate.

What was he up to @gnasher16

4 hours ago, fireman said:

That's a showmans trailer not a gypsy one.

I don't know nothing about them @fireman he said it was used from 30's onwards by a known family an he has old pics of it in use, is he telling porkies?

I hope not lol

12 minutes ago, Francie said:

I don't know nothing about them @fireman he said it was used from 30's onwards by a known family an he has old pics of it in use, is he telling porkies?

I hope not lol

Gypsy wagons were pulled by horses,that was pulled by a traction engine and i'm just saying that's all and i'm sure the travelling lads on here would agree with me as i'm right :laugh:..

It is a grand wagon though and i'd live in it no problem :victory:..

48 minutes ago, fireman said:

Gypsy wagons were pulled by horses,that was pulled by a traction engine and i'm just saying that's all and i'm sure the travelling lads on here would agree with me as i'm right :laugh:..

It is a grand wagon though and i'd live in it no problem :victory:..

Thanks @fireman he did say the bar at front was for what you say, could it have been put there at later date?

Tis a nice yok an if I had wee bit land I'd love in it too lol

• Like 1

I can’t imagine staying in summat like that. Especially with a family 🤯

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

I can’t imagine staying in summat like that. Especially with a family 🤯

You'd need a extension katch 😀

6 hours ago, Francie said:

Thanks @fireman he did say the bar at front was for what you say, could it have been put there at later date?

Tis a nice yok an if I had wee bit land I'd love in it too lol

The whole thing is to big and heavy to have ever been pulled by horses mate and with the wooden wheels and wind up brakes (the little wheel above the draw bar)it was deffo pulled by a traction engine ..

• Like 1

On 25/06/2019 at 13:59, gnasher16 said:

It makes me cringe with embarrassment for him whenever i listen to his line of patter.

He seems totally oblivious to how there will be other chaps of his era up and down the country who were around boxing gyms in the 80,s and witnessed some of his antics......and who will be  chuckling away watching him talk about morals,honesty and principals !

If anyone around Yorkshire way happens to know an ex fighter called Frank Grant or Terry Day from John Celabanski's old gym they,ll tell you some funny things about Mr Partridges gym exploits....Mr Fury i mean.

Was he a knob head or think he was Lenny mcclean?

22 hours ago, fireman said:

That's a showmans trailer not a gypsy one.

A gypsy one as you call it is a vardo and comes in two designs generally , bow topped or reading 👍👍every day,s a school day 

9 hours ago, Lenmcharristar said:

Was he a knob head or think he was Lenny mcclean?

He still is a knob head, and a bully, pulled his mate's eye out then complained he spent five years in jail because of it. No amount of money can get me back them five years he quoted, got news for you big numpty...........no amount of money can get ya mates eye back either.

• Like 1

On 26/06/2019 at 16:43, Greyman said:

A gypsy one as you call it is a vardo and comes in two designs generally , bow topped or reading 👍👍every day,s a school day 

I lived in a open lot bow top wagon for a couple of years and was using the term gypsy wagon for the benefit of others :thumbs:..

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, fireman said:

I lived in a open lot bow top wagon for a couple of years and was using the term gypsy wagon for the benefit of others :thumbs:..

Were you parked at the roadside fireman or was ye in a field bud?

What kind of horse did you use?

14 minutes ago, Francie said:

Were you parked at the roadside fireman or was ye in a field bud?

What kind of horse did you use?

Bit of both,my lad needed a operation so i found a field to park in long term and i used a brown cob which belonged to a pal and it knew it's job so all i had to do was walk alongside it on long reigns..

Fecking miss it and the best days of my life as i just had me and my son and it was a bit danny champion of the world at times if you get my drift..:victory:

• Like 7

On 26/06/2019 at 17:32, delswal said:

He still is a knob head, and a bully, pulled his mate's eye out then complained he spent five years in jail because of it. No amount of money can get me back them five years he quoted, got news for you big numpty...........no amount of money can get ya mates eye back either.

spot on mate , he comes over as bully, who like to use his size. ive always had feeling them types when faced against sombody, as big and rough as them selves, they soon loose there bottle .Dont like his son or where they came from, but  Tyson Fury  prob the best heavyweight  thats going at the moment 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, fireman said:

Bit of both,my lad needed a operation so i found a field to park in long term and i used a brown cob which belonged to a pal and it knew it's job so all i had to do was walk alongside it on long reigns..

Fecking miss it and the best days of my life as i just had me and my son and it was a bit danny champion of the world at times if you get my drift..:victory:

I was offered one for silly cheap money only last month, even at my age I,d give it a go but my missus is a typical modern woman and would probably fill it with shoes 👠 if I could even get her on board 👍