Boxing At The Weekend...

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The THL fight club

f****n embarrassing the whole event !....now we're all going to have to listen to these mma divs saying their fighters can hang with pro boxers well played Fury you big melt ! And we're supposed

Joshua really is just a straight acting kid no frills and tassles he doesnt fall into all the silly stuff that is popular with fighters these days he has the mindset that if he is good enough he will

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Rusty_terrier said:

Yep they were singing for cheeseman saying he was miles ahead then when he started to come undone it was suddenly a draw and they could score it either way. Embarrassing. 

They where giving Cheeseman everything up to about round 6 but I thought Fitzy had won at least 3 of the first 6 rounds. Fitzy won at least the last 4 rounds convincingly  so it was at least 2-3 rounds to Fitzy at the end imo .

I thought the scoring for the Cheeseman - Fitzgerald fight was terrible i felt a bit sorry for Ted he made a great effort to change his style and it worked well for two thirds of the fight....apart from the first round which i thought Fitzgerald possibly won i didnt give him anything until the 9th so had Ted winning a fairly straightforward 7 - 5.....how 2 judges gave it to Fitzgerald by 3 rounds i dont know......smashing little dust up though.

24 minutes ago, Rusty_terrier said:

Also adam Smith's bias in cheeseman favour was embarrassing.  Cheeseman attitude stinks as well. Lost a close fight and left the ring then on twitter crying talking about a robbery. Wasmt a robbery he lost a close fight. 

Was that the interview were he said he would walk away from boxing rusty I think emotions were running high and was obviously upset which is understandable if you think you've been wronged it could of been something to do with another decision not going his way who knows but I do think it was closer than the scorecards and was one of the judges not from Preston 

Looking forward to Taylor v Prograis tomorrow night. Another step up in class I think, but hopefully Josh can produce the goods. Ricky Burns v Lee Selby on the card too. Would love to see Rickster get the W and hang up the gloves for good. Can’t see it though.

Edited by pesky1972
  • Like 1
17 minutes ago, Rusty_terrier said:

I'm in Bolton for Yokkao thai boxing tomorrow. Staying next to the Bolton stadium. Heading for a game of bowling tonight. Show finishes at 9 so hopefully find somewhere to catch the taylor fight 

Good card on yokka too rusty enjoy bud

2 minutes ago, Blackmag said:

Was it me or did the towel get chucked it rather quick because the ref was going to let him carry on 

was a good decision by his corner.  he was shot.

retirement now from boxing for him id say.

• Like 2