Boxing At The Weekend...

19 minutes ago, Jobi said:

It's not hard but the question is where would we draw the line. What happens if a fighter comes in only 1lb heavy? Yes I think it would be a great idea to have a weigh-in straight before they entered the ring providing strict hydration testing was done. 

Jobi there wouldnt be any need for rehydration because they are not cutting weight.....cutting weight for a fight is the same as a bodybuilding show.....for the few minutes you are on stage you are weak as a kitten,you are physically spent......you wouldnt last 2 minutes in a physical fight you have no glycogen storage,potassium,sodium,electrolytes etc your body is depleted of energy....no fighter is going to enter the ring in that state.

As for what happens if a fighter misses weight....he loses his fight purse,simple...which then means everyone from his trainer to his nutritionist to his accountant dont get paid......if it was ever enforced mate you can bet your bollocks nobody would miss weight.....sounds harsh i know but its whats needed.

• Like 1

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The THL fight club

Joshua really is just a straight acting kid no frills and tassles he doesnt fall into all the silly stuff that is popular with fighters these days he has the mindset that if he is good enough he will

f****n embarrassing the whole event !....now we're all going to have to listen to these mma divs saying their fighters can hang with pro boxers well played Fury you big melt ! And we're supposed

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Jobi there wouldnt be any need for rehydration because they are not cutting weight.....cutting weight for a fight is the same as a bodybuilding show.....for the few minutes you are on stage you are weak as a kitten,you are physically spent......you wouldnt last 2 minutes in a physical fight you have no glycogen storage,potassium,sodium,electrolytes etc your body is depleted of energy....no fighter is going to enter the ring in that state.

As for what happens if a fighter misses weight....he loses his fight purse,simple...which then means everyone from his trainer to his nutritionist to his accountant dont get paid......if it was ever enforced mate you can bet your bollocks nobody would miss weight.....sounds harsh i know but its whats needed.

That's the thing, if they feel they are going to fail to make weight then many will be pressurised in to cutting to make weight.

I see no reason why we can't go back to same day weigh-in's, at least then we have fighters closer to their weight divisions and more importantly closer in weight to each other. 

@dogmandont, what's up mate? Lol. Thought some people might be having a few quid on it. I'll be having a few shekels on wallin at 14/1.  Can't bet fury at the ridiculous odds available, currently 1/33. So, with an upset always possible, I thought, yeah, I'll have a few shekels on wallin ?

37 minutes ago, shaaark said:

@dogmandont, what's up mate? Lol. Thought some people might be having a few quid on it. I'll be having a few shekels on wallin at 14/1.  Can't bet fury at the ridiculous odds available, currently 1/33. So, with an upset always possible, I thought, yeah, I'll have a few shekels on wallin ?

Was laughing at the thought of another upset like AJs. ???

• Haha 1
23 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

talking of loosing weight, Aj  looks alot lighter from pics  on youtube , looks like he  dropped the heavy muscle  he used to carry, be interesting  if Ruiz  drops his weight as well for the fight, if so Aj could still be in trouble  dec 7th , but got feeling Aj will  win with a KO   on the night , as long as he uses his reach , and bangs at the right time,  get his mind right for the fight .!!

2 hours ago, bird said:

talking of loosing weight, Aj  looks alot lighter from pics  on youtube , looks like he  dropped the heavy muscle  he used to carry, be interesting  if Ruiz  drops his weight as well for the fight, if so Aj could still be in trouble  dec 7th , but got feeling Aj will  win with a KO   on the night , as long as he uses his reach , and bangs at the right time,  get his mind right for the fight .!!

Ive been watching all the usual crap on social media about this rematch etc Ray and did notice that Joshua has dropped a lot of weight which is a good thing imo but I'm getting the impression that he is not interested in boxing anymore. I may be wrong but Lewis had mentioned that he needs to get it right mentally if he still wants to compete as a boxer after his defeat to Ruiz and I'm not even sure that Joshua does want to compete,time will tell and I may be reading it wrong but it just seems from the few clips I've seen that his mind is elsewhere and I don't think it's him just trying to block everything out till the fight.

Edited by MickC
  • Like 1
27 minutes ago, MickC said:

Ive been watching all the usual crap on social media about this rematch etc Ray and did notice that Joshua has dropped a lot of weight which is a good thing imo but I'm getting the impression that he is not interested in boxing anymore. I may be wrong but Lewis had mentioned that he needs to get it right mentally if he still wants to compete as a boxer after his defeat to Ruiz and I'm not even sure that Joshua does want to compete,time will tell and I may be reading it wrong but it just seems from the few clips I've seen that his mind is elsewhere and I don't think it's him just trying to block everything out till the fight.

true Mick , its if he still  got the hunger to do it, as we all know he got load of cash, he dont need to get hurt or really train hard any more.Maybe if and its big if , he can win to to get his belts back, then maybe throw the towel in .? but like say mick i just got this feeling he will win by a KO ,  even if Ruiz trains hard and drop weight,  i dont think he stop Aj, he never knocked out Aj, in thelast fight ,Aj just packed up . the fight people want to see i  think his  Fury v Wilder,  that the bi fight next year , not the the winner of this fight, thats what i think .!

Ray In the first fight Joshua just never had an answer for Ruiz and his relentlessness imo. I honestly think that Ruiz is all wrong for Joshua so it will be interesting to see how Joshua goes about things differently in the rematch. Hopefully we will have a winner without any controversy and the winner from this fight will go on to fight the winner from the Wilder v Fury fight. I think that the Ruiz v Joshua rematch will be the biggest fight for years with a lot of World wide interest and probably only topped when the winners from both rematches fight each other. The fights are there now to make Heavyweight boxing really interesting for the next year or two so let's hope they do happen after all the BS over the last few years in the division.

Edited by MickC
3 hours ago, Jobi said:

AJ can win the fight of he boxes similar to he did against Parker, he needs to fully utilise his physical advantages. Do not go in there and try and blast him out or you will get unstuck again. 

Joshua has no inside game and Ruiz fully exploited this flaw in the first fight. What makes this rematch so interesting is to see what changes Joshua has made to deal with Ruiz this time around. A ref like Quartarone who was in charge of the Parker fight would be a help as he broke them every time and didnt allow any inside fighting during that fight. I agree if Joshua tries to blast out Ruiz he will come unstuck again. 

50 minutes ago, MickC said:

Joshua has no inside game and Ruiz fully exploited this flaw in the first fight. What makes this rematch so interesting is to see what changes Joshua has made to deal with Ruiz this time around. A ref like Quartarone who was in charge of the Parker fight would be a help as he broke them every time and didnt allow any inside fighting during that fight. I agree if Joshua tries to blast out Ruiz he will come unstuck again. 

He just needs to keep it simple, keep it long with the jab and right hand. Ruiz has very fast hands but his feet are in quicksand. 

Hopefully he comes of age at the right time and cleans them all out, think the chisora fight will be a good indicator if it comes off as delboy is a bit of a gatekeeper for the division, really bored with the heavyweight division until this young man came along, Ruiz was a breath of fresh air by shaking things up regardless of the outcome he’s made it worth watching again for me 

• Like 1
On 05/09/2019 at 07:57, maxhardcore said:

So you want to be able too just spout anything to no reply .

Try tell someone what their area's history is all about and who they should support ect without getting a reply ?

When any reply comes if you don't like or resort to insults ' then when you get some back spit your dummy and threaten violence .

Thats the scenario that plays out on here from a few wouldn't you agree ?

Stick to your own little club because once you start trying to tell folk what there own club is about your just talking total rubbish .

? Why dont you just admit you got all upset at my post saying theres certain things someone who has never boxed could never know,even though i said it in a polite and respectful way.....since then you,ve had a couple of half hearted prods that you hoped might register as a jab !.....stay in your own lane and you wont keep setting yourself up as a clown.

When have i ever threatened you violence ?....asking someone  to insult you to their face instead of from a keyboard when in the same football ground is not offering violence its how any normal lad off here who communicates genuinely would be,its just called being about yourself....which you are not.....however having had real conflict with real people in real life i can assure you a little lad mouthing off on the internet doesnt get my pulse racing enough to start limbering up just yet ?....you are a mild source of amusement nothing more.

Im not going over the same old boring shit that usually ends up with you locking yourself in your bedroom with your keyboard its stale as f**k so this will be my last on the subject and then you can get on with your little premeditated act of defiance.

Edited by gnasher16
On 04/09/2019 at 22:02, Jobi said:

That's the thing, if they feel they are going to fail to make weight then many will be pressurised in to cutting to make weight.

I see no reason why we can't go back to same day weigh-in's, at least then we have fighters closer to their weight divisions and more importantly closer in weight to each other. 

Do you know what cutting weight/tapering off actually entails mate,done correctly it takes precision planning you cant just pop on the scales a week out and say  " oh shit im a bit heavy i think i,ll do a weight cut "...again it comes back to the art of knowing a fighters best weight one of the best i ever saw was the old trainer Denny Mancini he could just look at a lads normal walking around weight and know his best fighting weight to the pound.

Even same day weigh ins like in the amateurs where you fight maybe 4 - 6 hours after weigh in still allows for plenty of rehydration,the body can rehydrate around 1 litre of water per hour which is 1 kg of weight so your still looking at a big disparity.....ive still never heard one good argument against fighters weighing in,in the ring before a fight.