Boxing At The Weekend...

1 hour ago, gnasher16 said:

I agree to a point but ultimately the ring is the proving ground for fighters and as fans or indeed just normal fair human beings nobody likes to see fighters get away with snidey slippery conduct,which for me Fury is....whether you are a Joshua or Whyte fan doesnt matter you have to respect the fact they are willing to have tough fights and are not simply taking pointless nothing fights waiting for the big one to come along....Fury having these joke fights is simply wrong.....Usyk ( who i think could do some damage as a heavyweight ) being put straight in as a number 1 contender having never had a fight at heavyweight is simply wrong.

For all the politics and boring uninteresting drivel that surrounds heavyweight boxing there is a debt of honour to the sport and the sportsmen that have gone before them to engage in combat to the highest level possible and establish a notable name in the era to take forward...otherwise you risk being the generation to destroy the very essence of what sport is about and beyond money this is the precarious position the powers of the sport currently face.

That pretty much cuts through the bull shit and is bang on mate....

• Like 1

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The THL fight club

f****n embarrassing the whole event !....now we're all going to have to listen to these mma divs saying their fighters can hang with pro boxers well played Fury you big melt ! And we're supposed

Joshua really is just a straight acting kid no frills and tassles he doesnt fall into all the silly stuff that is popular with fighters these days he has the mindset that if he is good enough he will

Posted Images

Joke that Ruiz Joshua 2 is in Saudi Arabia ffs, no doubt al haymon and Eddie Hearn are licking their lips at that. The crowd at the khan fight was diabolical and he was a Muslim so how are these two going to attract a better crowd? It just stinks of Eddie Hearn trying for one last raise out of Joshua as he knows Ruiz will beat him again. Cant see many brits going to for a night out of boxing in a country where alcohol is completely banned/illegal either so it’s obvious it’s just for the cash

3 minutes ago, staffs riffraff said:

Cant wait for 31st going see loma fight with stoney100 should be great if can go past 3 rounds 

The only thing Campbell has going for him is size and size alone. 

39 minutes ago, staffs riffraff said:

Cant wait for 31st going see loma fight with stoney100 should be great if can go past 3 rounds 

You and the Burton bender enjoy it , lomanchenko Is the best there's ever been .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Astanley said:

You and the Burton bender enjoy it , lomanchenko Is the best there's ever been .

Technically he's up there no doubt but for obvious reasons his longevity and resume will be way more sparse than other ATG's.

He's a magician in the ring no doubt, proper pissed off at his loss though but I think he got screwed. First of all Salido failed to make weight and e entered the ring much bigger and in the fight he fouled like mad, constantly hitting below the belt and the idiot of a referee let him get away with it all night long. By the end of the fight Lomachenko was breaking him apart and was on the verge of getting the stoppage. 

All the Mayweather fans like to bring that loss up to put him down but have probably never seen Floyd's first fight against Castillo in which most felt he lost. 

Edited by Jobi
  • Like 1
41 minutes ago, Jobi said:

Technically he's up there no doubt but for obvious reasons his longevity and resume will be way more sparse than other ATG's.

He's a magician in the ring no doubt, proper pissed off at his loss though but I think he got screwed. First of all Salido failed to make weight and e entered the ring much bigger and in the fight he fouled like mad, constantly hitting below the belt and the idiot of a referee let him get away with it all night long. By the end of the fight Lomachenko was breaking him apart and was on the verge of getting the stoppage. 

All the Mayweather fans like to bring that loss up to put him down but have probably never seen Floyd's first fight against Castillo in which most felt he lost. 

Jobby don't nit pick or argue with me ,,,he's the best of all time ...fact ! as max would say .

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Jobi said:

I didnt know Lomachenko had lost a fight i presumed he was unbeaten.....was it unanimous or split ?....ive not heard of Salido.

I agree its hard to call any fighter an all time great while they are still active and he,s only had what 15 fights.....too early in my opinion.

Edited by gnasher16