Boxing At The Weekend...

6 minutes ago, MickC said:

Fury knew he could not go into an immediate with Wilder under the same terms and conditions after what happened in the first fight hence why he teamed up with Arum one of Americas biggest promoters and as already explained he now calls the shots above both Fury and Warren

Ortiz has never been available for Fury since his comeback as Ortiz only wants the Wilder rematch and so will not jeopardise it,hence why Ortiz also refused the Joshua fight.

Pulev has never been available for Fury either as he beat H Fury back in October 2018 to become the IBF mandatory challenger and was waiting for the Joshua fight,then Pulev was suspended after the Dinu fight this year for inappropriate behaviour. Pulev's suspension is now up and the first thing that  him and his team did was to petition the IBF to force Ruiz to fight him. Under IBF rules a mandatory fight trumps over any Promoters rights so if Ruiz goes ahead with his contractually agreed rematch with Joshua then there is a good chance that the IBF will strip Ruiz of this belt  like they have just stripped Canelo for not agreeing to fight his mandatory Derevenchenko (sp).

As for Whyte you just answered your own question,the WBC never agreed to the Diamond belt being on the line for a possible fight with Fury,anyway Fury already has a verbal agreement to fight Wilder just like the two of them did for the first fight. Whyte would never have been ready for a September fight with Fury which would be around only 8 weeks away.

You still have not been able to name one fighter that Fury should be fighting in September despite criticising him in an earlier post for taking on Wallin !

Again you talk as though all other bouts have been set in stone for years, that's not the case is it? AJ has called Fury out on numerous occasions, you think a fighter like Ali or a Holyfield would turn down the chance to hold all those belts? Fights can and do get made when the fighters want them, you can butter it up however you like but Fury's resume as been shocking post Wilder. The question is how many more bums will he face before stepping in the ring with somebody decent? 

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The THL fight club

f****n embarrassing the whole event !....now we're all going to have to listen to these mma divs saying their fighters can hang with pro boxers well played Fury you big melt ! And we're supposed

Just got back from my lads first fight.  Think I was more nervous than him!

Posted Images

10 hours ago, MickC said:

When have I said Hearn is an asshole that's robbing the general public ? Thanks for your reply .

Any time mike. Lol. Ok you never called him an asshole but you weren’t exactly singing his praises the way you have been with Arum, just a general observation. 

1 hour ago, dogmandont said:

Any time mike. Lol. Ok you never called him an asshole but you weren’t exactly singing his praises the way you have been with Arum, just a general observation. 

Not singing Arums praises at all mate just repeating what he said when he signed Fury. I did say that Hearn had done a remarkable job with Joshua from taking him from amateur to three belts and making him the biggest money maker in the division. My only gripes with Hearn is all the BS he comes out with on social media quite a lot of it not even true and the way he carrys on towards fighters who are not in his Matchroom stable. At the end of the day both Arum and Hearn are two top promoters and will always make the fights that suit themselves firstly before making the fights that the fans want to see.

Edited by MickC
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, Jobi said:

Again you talk as though all other bouts have been set in stone for years, that's not the case is it? AJ has called Fury out on numerous occasions, you think a fighter like Ali or a Holyfield would turn down the chance to hold all those belts? Fights can and do get made when the fighters want them, you can butter it up however you like but Fury's resume as been shocking post Wilder. The question is how many more bums will he face before stepping in the ring with somebody decent? 

Set in stone for years lol, where on about boxing not Laws etc !  We are going round in circles,just name one fighter who Fury should fight in September instead of Wallin ? 

When has Joshua called out Fury on numerous occasions ?

Fury wanted to fight Joshua in his first fight back,Hearn refused the fight. Joshua has called out Fury only once and that was at short notice for the failed Wembley slot in April that got cancelled. The same show that Whyte Ortiz Wilder also all refused, Hearn played a blinder even offering Fury and Wilder 50/50 for the fight with Joshua knowing full well that neither would take it as they both had other obligations and it was too short notice. Joshua then went and fought hand picked Ruiz and we all know what happened there, both Joshua and Hearn lost out on a 200 million+  Super fight with Wilder . (Hearns own value of the fight) The fights we all want to see will happen but only when the respective Promoters decide to make these fights unfortunately, until then it's a waiting game .

Edited by MickC
  • Like 1

Come on Mick you sound like a well read guy that keeps up with all the goings on,i like listening to your posts as you follow things i cant be arsed to follow.....but you cant give Fury another pass with this nonsense its an embarrassing match up that cannot be defended......its so laughable i dont know where to start,personally i think these kind of fights are a big risk to a mentally fragile fighter as you worry about the focus/motivation/desire.....its difficult to stay motivated for fights that you know are not going to be competitive,you lose your edge as a fighter....its just silly to talk about " warm up fights " ready for Wilder this isnt a warm up fight he will be sparring better fighters than this on a daily basis.

I think Fury is quickly becoming the Conor Mcgregor of boxing,pure and simple entertainment who your average sports fan will tune in to watch....only Mcgregor from my understanding never fought anybody as far under his level as this.....Fury is a great talker but his only ever top 10 win was against a 40 year old Klitchko in his 70th odd bout....his resume really is a disgrace and these type of exhibition bouts simply should not be allowed by governing bodies as it mocks the sport.

You keep asking " who should he fight "....come on mate thats just silly....this Swede has a Boxrec rating of 48......you have listed half a dozen fighters he cant fight.....well that still leaves 40 odd fighters ranked higher than the Swede that he could fight !!.........i,ll give you a name he could fight,and people will laugh their heads off.....David Price.....yes sounds ridiculous doesnt it ?.....yet Price has a Boxrec rating 30 places higher than Furys next opponent....kind of puts things in perspective doesnt it !.....the reason Fury wont fight a guy like Price though is .....tiny as the threat is,David Price can punch....and Fury simply will not take a risk,even a tiny one.

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3
13 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

Come on Mick you sound like a well read guy that keeps up with all the goings on,i like listening to your posts as you follow things i cant be arsed to follow.....but you cant give Fury another pass with this nonsense its an embarrassing match up that cannot be defended......its so laughable i dont know where to start,personally i think these kind of fights are a big risk to a mentally fragile fighter as you worry about the focus/motivation/desire.....its difficult to stay motivated for fights that you know are not going to be competitive,you lose your edge as a fighter....its just silly to talk about " warm up fights " ready for Wilder this isnt a warm up fight he will be sparring better fighters than this on a daily basis.

I think Fury is quickly becoming the Conor Mcgregor of boxing,pure and simple entertainment who your average sports fan will tune in to watch....only Mcgregor from my understanding never fought anybody as far under his level as this.....Fury is a great talker but his only ever top 10 win was against a 40 year old Klitchko in his 70th odd bout....his resume really is a disgrace and these type of exhibition bouts simply should not be allowed by governing bodies as it mocks the sport.

You keep asking " who should he fight "....come on mate thats just silly....this Swede has a Boxrec rating of 48......you have listed half a dozen fighters he cant fight.....well that still leaves 40 odd fighters ranked higher than the Swede that he could fight !!.........i,ll give you a name he could fight,and people will laugh their heads off.....David Price.....yes sounds ridiculous doesnt it ?.....yet Price has a Boxrec rating 30 places higher than Furys next opponent....kind of puts things in perspective doesnt it !.....the reason Fury wont fight a guy like Price though is .....tiny as the threat is,David Price can punch....and Fury simply will not take a risk,even a tiny one.

how do you think the rematch will go gnash  with fury v wilder,? i think this time  wilder will ko  fury proper and fury wont get up like the last time , wilder going to come in heavier and stronger he said in his vid, and i reckon he will .!  there lot of Fury fans on here  gnash ,so they prob  say something different, lol  

6 minutes ago, bird said:

how do you think the rematch will go gnash  with fury v wilder,? i think this time  wilder will ko  fury proper and fury wont get up like the last time , wilder going to come in heavier and stronger he said in his vid, and i reckon he will .!  there lot of Fury fans on here  gnash ,so they prob  say something different, lol  

Wilder carries that power from round 1-12, it doesn't matter if he's out boxed for 11 rounds. Fury IMO wants to sit down on his shots more and let his hands go, yes it involves more risk but you have to put a hurting on Wilder. He deserved the nod last time but you get tagged by Wilder and you get hurt. 

15 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

McGregor to be fair beat the best there was on offer before he got his arse handed to him by khabib. Max Holloway, Chad mendes, Eddie alvarez ,Dustin poirer and Jose Aldo were top of the food chain. He is a mouth but backed it up as often as not.

• Like 2

How much are the people involved in the various governing bodies getting paid in salary. Is it kept hush hush or common knowledge. I mean if one of these guys is only getting 30 grand a year and flash Eddie rings him up and clears his mortgage for 250 grand leaving him and his wife and maybe the kids financially secure for life then how many men are in the position to say no?  Can one man lose a test result or is it done on a committee base where 5 people have to be bought? If a 30 million fight goes your way then 250 grand isn't that much. Imagine the corruption at floyd mayweathers level. The guy is worth a billion. He's worth as much as a small country never mind a dingy commission.

13 minutes ago, jiggy said:

How much are the people involved in the various governing bodies getting paid in salary. Is it kept hush hush or common knowledge. I mean if one of these guys is only getting 30 grand a year and flash Eddie rings him up and clears his mortgage for 250 grand leaving him and his wife and maybe the kids financially secure for life then how many men are in the position to say no?  Can one man lose a test result or is it done on a committee base where 5 people have to be bought? If a 30 million fight goes your way then 250 grand isn't that much. Imagine the corruption at floyd mayweathers level. The guy is worth a billion. He's worth as much as a small country never mind a dingy commission.

All this this talk about the HWs fighting nobody’s floyd fighting Mc gregor was the biggest farce of all time. 

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, dogmandont said:

All this this talk about the HWs fighting nobody’s floyd fighting Mc gregor was the biggest farce of all time. 

A joke it was. Mayweather wasn't going to lose in a  boxing match anymore than McGregor would of kicked his legs off in MMA without throwing a punch. Only fools were the ones that paid to watch.

Edited by jiggy
  • Like 1

Gnash we all want the big fights involving Fury Wilder Ruiz Joshua and yes the Wallin fight for Fury is a fight that boxing followers know is not up to much I have never denied that but to casuals on the other hand who are buying  into this "American Fury " they will lap it up. Fury was slated for facing Shwarz who was ranked WBO no2 but Whyte fights the WBC rated no 10 in Rivas after refusing to fight the higher ranked WBC no 3 Ortiz (at the time iirc) and its for an eliminator ? but nobody says a word ? Ive said it before but todays modern " Big Promoters" have too much say in all aspects of pro boxing from manipulating rankings,getting eliminators,putting pressure on sanctioning bodies for various reasons etc etc and its even more prevalent with this USA v UK power struggle that is going on now in the Heavyweight division .

Edited by MickC
8 hours ago, bird said:

Ray if Ruiz beats Joshua in the rematch I can see Wilder avoiding Fury and going after Ruiz but Im still not convinced that the Joshua v Ruiz rematch is going to happen next, thats even if Ruiz still holds the four belts for the rematch. Belts maybe stripped from Ruiz which is also other possible options for Fury and Wilder. Wilder has rangy movement,fast hands,can do 12 rounds no bother and does have tremendous power which carries right until the last second of the last round but certainly also has flawed boxing skills. Fury does everything better than Wilder but lacks the power that Wilder posseses.Wilder came in light last time to keep up with Fury and his better movement but was still out boxed comfortably by Fury throughout the whole fight despite knocking Fury down twice.It would make sense for Wilder to come in heavier this time as the lighter weight did not benefit him against Fury and would also suit his power which is his best attribute but will it make him less mobile ? Fury fought too cautiously in the first fight and just did the basics,maybe because he was not fit or sharp enough and it seemed from the start that Fury/Bens plan was just to outpoint Wilder. Fury in the rematch needs to do all the things he did not do in the first fight,stop giving his height away,switch hit,use his better lateral movement,fight southpaw (Fury usually more effective as a southpaw) too keep Wilder second guessing and most importantly he needs to punch with more authority to deter Wilder especially if Wilder is coming in heavier as that means hes going for power and to win by stoppage. Roach was in the corner for the first fight and stated he was telling Ben to get Fury to go for the stoppage from the 6th round (iirc) as Fury was able to hit Wilder so easily but his pitter patter punches where just scoring punches and having no effect. I said in the first fight that I thought Fury would win by a late stoppage and was wrong but if Fury this time does the things he should have done in the first fight then he can win by stoppage imo.With Fury having tasted Wilders power he will also be more respectful in the rematch and so more focussed and less clowning from him. Wilders confidence however will be sky high after the way he destroyed Brezeale and will fancy being able to stop Fury this time after knocking him down twice already in the first fight.Thing is both Wilder and Fury do better in there rematches so this rematch should be a great fight,that is if it does go ahead as planned .

Edited by MickC
  • Like 1