Boxing At The Weekend...

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The THL fight club

Just got back from my lads first fight.  Think I was more nervous than him!

Joshua really is just a straight acting kid no frills and tassles he doesnt fall into all the silly stuff that is popular with fighters these days he has the mindset that if he is good enough he will

Posted Images

I think if fury never fought wilder when he did but went the route everyone around him told him of 4 warm up fights then fighting these opponent's wouldn't of looked so bad, all his team and ricky hatton told him to wait for the wilder fight but he ignored them, took the fight and announced he was back to as good as before but of course he wasn't. I'm not making excuses for him, but maybe he has realised the people around know best and he needs the easy fights to fine tune his skill's and ring rust......this has to be the last one though or everyone will just lose interest in him 

10 hours ago, Jobi said:

Fury is taking the piss with these bouts, soon their Hughie will have a better resume. 

Arum is taking the piss with these bouts but he has his reasons ! He is calling the shots now he is in control of Fury. Arum is a business man and has made a very good living as a boxing promoter over the years. Arum is only interested in getting Fury known to the wider American audience with these fights against lesser ranked fighters and then he will put Fury in with Wilder for a big earner and then should Fury win Arum will see a very good return on the big contract he gave Fury. Why is anybody even surprised ? Arum told everybody what he was going to do with Fury when he signed him and he has done exactly that ! However I do think that if Ruiz beats Joshua in the rematch that Wilder will swerve Fury and go after Ruiz .

Edited by MickC
4 minutes ago, MickC said:

Arum is taking the piss with these bouts but he has his reasons ! He is calling the shots now he is in control of Fury. Arum is a business man and has made a very good living as a boxing promoter over the years. Arum is only interested in getting Fury known to the wider American audience with these fights against lesser ranked fighters and then he will put Fury in with Wilder for a big earner and then should Fury win Arum will see a very good return on the big contract he gave Fury. Why is anybody even surprised ? Arum told everybody what he was going to do with Fury when he signed him and he has done exactly that ! However I do think that if Ruiz beats Joshua in the rematch that Wilder will swerve Fury and go after Ruiz .

It can be explained from every angle but these bouts are pathetic and not doing anything for his image, you think these fights are helping his image in the States? And you said it there, its not a given that Fury will face Wilder again so where will that leave him? 

2 hours ago, Jobi said:

It can be explained from every angle but these bouts are pathetic and not doing anything for his image, you think these fights are helping his image in the States? And you said it there, its not a given that Fury will face Wilder again so where will that leave him? 

Arum as well as being Furys paymaster has been a promoter a long time so obviously knows what he's doing,he's just doing what he thinks will bring him a profit from his investment in Fury   Joshua  Ruiz  Wilder are all the top fights we would like to see Fury in with but there already tied up, so who would you have Fury fight in September ? 

Edited by MickC
4 minutes ago, MickC said:

Arum as well as being Furys paymaster has been a promoter a long time so obviously knows what he's doing,he's just doing what he thinks will bring him a profit from his investment in Fury   Joshua  Ruiz  Wilder are all the top fights we would like to see Fury in with but there already tied up, so who would you have Fury fight in September ? 

Well before the drug scandal he could have fought Dillian Whyte, let's not forget he stated he would fight him for the silver belt. He wants to be in the ring with fighters that will at least test him because apart from Wlad and Wilder his resume is quite poor. 

3 hours ago, Jobi said:

Well before the drug scandal he could have fought Dillian Whyte, let's not forget he stated he would fight him for the silver belt. He wants to be in the ring with fighters that will at least test him because apart from Wlad and Wilder his resume is quite poor. 

Whyte is not available , the WBC never agreed to the Silver belt  and a fighter who went life and death with Chisora not once but twice is not going to test Fury. Outside the top four this current Heavyweight division is crap and even the current top four all have there flaws.So il ask again who would you have Fury face in September ?

Edited by MickC
8 minutes ago, MickC said:

Whyte is not available , the WBC never agreed to the Silver belt  and a fighter who went life and death with Chisora not once but twice is not going to test Fury. Outside the top four this current Heavyweight division is crap and even the current top four all have there flaws.So il ask again who would you have Fury face in September ?

Whyte has been available for a long time but Fury doesn't want to take any risks. 

8 hours ago, maxhardcore said:

Nothing's changed ' I still think your a obsessed Dick head ☺️?

That's not nice max I just wondered why after slating aj  opponents like you have then  bigging fury up you have all of a sudden gone very quiet of furys choice of last and most likely next fight 

Edited by Blackmag
1 minute ago, maxhardcore said:

I actually think Fury's team are doing the right thing.

As has been said in reality he should of had these easy fights before Wilder.

TysonFury IS the best Heavyweight out there.

And most with a hint of Nous know it even if they won't admit it ☺️

Hahahahaha??????

11 hours ago, Jobi said:

So who should Fury be fighting instead of Wallin then ? The majority of Furys American fans will be casuals and will lap it up Fury putting on a show against an unbeaten opponent in Las Vegas which is exactly the audience that Arum is looking for to build up Furys American fan base.By matching Fury against these lesser ranked but unbeaten fighters the purpose is to raise Furys profile over in America before going into the bigger fights over there. Here is a list of the current top fighters not available.

Wilder v Ortiz  already matched

Joshua v Ruiz  already matched

Parker v Chisora  already matched

Povetkin v Fury  already matched

Kownacki v Arreola  already matched

Usyk v Takam  already matched

Whyte  no silver belt/other problems

Miller  banned

Brezeale  just lost

Jennings  just lost

Stiverne  just lost 

Edited by MickC
3 hours ago, dogmandont said:

So when Hearn does it he’s an asshole that’s robbing the general public but when Arum does it he’s a savvy businessman. Lol. Funny shit. Lol. 

When have I said Hearn is an asshole that's robbing the general public ? Thanks for your reply .

Edited by MickC
12 hours ago, MickC said:

So who should Fury be fighting instead of Wallin then ? The majority of Furys American fans will be casuals and will lap it up Fury putting on a show against an unbeaten opponent in Las Vegas which is exactly the audience that Arum is looking for to build up Furys American fan base.By matching Fury against these lesser ranked but unbeaten fighters the purpose is to raise Furys profile over in America before going into the bigger fights over there. Here is a list of the current top fighters not available.

Wilder v Ortiz  already matched

Joshua v Ruiz  already matched

Parker v Chisora  already matched

Povetkin v Fury  already matched

Kownacki v Arreola  already matched

Usyk v Takam  already matched

Whyte  no silver belt/other problems

Miller  banned

Brezeale  just lost

Jennings  just lost

Stiverne  just lost 

You do know he turned down the immediate rematch with Wilder? As for the list above, of course they are going to have bouts, they can't wait around for ever. He could have faced any number of those and fighters like Ortiz or Pulev but he faced a German nobody. As for calling Whyte out, he stated he would fight Whyte if only there was a belt, so his saying of "I'll fight any man any where" is a load of cobblers. I like Fury I do but he's as bad at cherry picking as anyone. 

Edited by Jobi
11 minutes ago, Jobi said:

You do know he turned down the immediate rematch with Wilder? As for the list above, of course they are going to have bouts, they can't wait around for ever. He could have faced any number of those and fighters like Ortiz or Pulev but he faced a German nobody. As for calling Whyte out, he stated he would fight Whyte if only there was a belt, so his saying of "I'll fight any man any where" is a load of cobblers. I like Fury I do but he's as bad at cherry picking as anyone.

Fury knew he could not go into an immediate with Wilder under the same terms and conditions after what happened in the first fight hence why he teamed up with Arum one of Americas biggest promoters and as already explained he now calls the shots above both Fury and Warren

Ortiz has never been available for Fury since his comeback as Ortiz only wants the Wilder rematch and so will not jeopardise it,hence why Ortiz also refused the Joshua fight.

Pulev has never been available for Fury either as he beat H Fury back in October 2018 to become the IBF mandatory challenger and was waiting for the Joshua fight,then Pulev was suspended after the Dinu fight this year for inappropriate behaviour. Pulev's suspension is now up and the first thing that  him and his team did was to petition the IBF to force Ruiz to fight him. Under IBF rules a mandatory fight trumps over any Promoters rights so if Ruiz goes ahead with his contractually agreed rematch with Joshua then there is a good chance that the IBF will strip Ruiz of this belt  like they have just stripped Canelo for not agreeing to fight his mandatory Derevenchenko (sp).

As for Whyte you just answered your own question,the WBC never agreed to the Diamond belt being on the line for a possible fight with Fury,anyway Fury already has a verbal agreement to fight Wilder just like the two of them did for the first fight. Whyte would never have been ready for a September fight with Fury which would be around only 8 weeks away.

You still have not been able to name one fighter that Fury should be fighting in September despite criticising him in an earlier post for taking on Wallin !