Gaz_1989

Boxing At The Weekend...

Degale has zero left . Had a great career world champ Olympic gold. But if hes performing like that against eubank jr he needs to hang up the gloves. 

Eubank hasnt improved from what aye seen. Just fit and swinging big shots.

Jnr will always fall short at the top level 

a sharper switched on fighter can always see opportunitys for counters where jnrs concerned,his conditioning & fitness is great,but at the top he needs a bit more than that,he's a good fighter but he lacks that savvy that would see him good at top level 

• Like 1

The fight went pretty much as i thought i did think Eubank would stop him late but he has a fighters heart Degale he actually looked better than i thought as id been told he was virtually a shot fighter.....its so frustrating with Eubank he should be so much better than he is i blame the father completely that lad has everything except technique.....and how can a kid whos father was a world champion lack technique for f**k sake !!

16 hours ago, socks said:

Or did he box clever (excuse the pun) and sell himself as something different which gave him more air time and interviews and made himself that love or hate fighter that you would pay to watch win or get beaten ??? ....... 

Oh of course he did it to sell himself as many fighters have worked an angle thats not the issue....my issue was when this street thief with a silly voice mocked and humiliated Nigel Benn for being a rough street kid and carried it on his entire life....and i truly believe his selfish ego has cost his kid a potentially great career.

5 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

The fight went pretty much as i thought i did think Eubank would stop him late but he has a fighters heart Degale he actually looked better than i thought as id been told he was virtually a shot fighter.....its so frustrating with Eubank he should be so much better than he is i blame the father completely that lad has everything except technique.....and how can a kid whos father was a world champion lack technique for f**k sake !!

Seems stubborn and has a big ego. For me lastnight wasnt a defining moment.  He never beat a world champion. He was against a degale who  was at his worst and managed to show he hasnt imoroved at all since his loss to groves

What's happening with Nigel Benn lad theses days I know his dad said he would let him be his own man and said something about eubank sticking his nose in to much  in jnr business 

Also got round to watchin the santa cruz fight from last week. Got to say i fsncy warrington would beat him. Hopefully he gets through galahad then unifies 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Oh of course he did it to sell himself as many fighters have worked an angle thats not the issue....my issue was when this street thief with a silly voice mocked and humiliated Nigel Benn for being a rough street kid and carried it on his entire life....and i truly believe his selfish ego has cost his kid a potentially great career.

Got you .........

47 minutes ago, Blackmag said:

What's happening with Nigel Benn lad theses days I know his dad said he would let him be his own man and said something about eubank sticking his nose in to much  in jnr business 

Conor Benn is recovering from a bad hand injury after his rematch with that French lad last year...

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Rusty_terrier said:

Also got round to watchin the santa cruz fight from last week. Got to say i fsncy warrington would beat him. Hopefully he gets through galahad then unifies 

He'll muller galahad imo