Boxing At The Weekend...

2 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

What the average sports fan doesnt understand with Peds is that the labs are advancing far quicker than the testers.....testing bodies like Ukad add substances to a banned list and call that " progress "......when labs are constantly coming up with different masking agents,different stacks,different timings to hide banned compounds.....its like having an Iphone 4 and thinking you are state of the art....well yes compared to someone with an Iphone 3.....but we are now on the Iphone 8 !

An athlete with good financial backing training somewhere like Loughborough University has access to some of the most futuristic and advanced sports science brains in the world.....Peds has always been a race between the lab and the tester and organisations like Ukad are now becoming corrupt just to cover up their own inadequacies within sports science.

Which makes it all the more comical he's been busted on Dianabol. His team obviously weren't as clever as they thought and now it's going to bite them in the arse big time hopefully. I don't even think Eddie Hearn will be able to weasel his way out of this. He wants making an example of and rightly so, being busted twice is taking the piss. 

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The THL fight club

f****n embarrassing the whole event !....now we're all going to have to listen to these mma divs saying their fighters can hang with pro boxers well played Fury you big melt ! And we're supposed

Just got back from my lads first fight.  Think I was more nervous than him!

Posted Images

18 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

What the average sports fan doesnt understand with Peds is that the labs are advancing far quicker than the testers.....testing bodies like Ukad add substances to a banned list and call that " progress "......when labs are constantly coming up with different masking agents,different stacks,different timings to hide banned compounds.....its like having an Iphone 4 and thinking you are state of the art....well yes compared to someone with an Iphone 3.....but we are now on the Iphone 8 !

An athlete with good financial backing training somewhere like Loughborough University has access to some of the most futuristic and advanced sports science brains in the world.....Peds has always been a race between the lab and the tester and organisations like Ukad are now becoming corrupt just to cover up their own inadequacies within sports science.

Exactly Gnash thats why the testers hold onto the samples for years now and keep re testing them.I read on another forum that there is almost as many unknown peds/maskers etc as there is known ones now and the testers world wide are at a loss to keep up.Hauser took NASC to court after he had been told that Maywether had dipped his test  for the Hatton fight (iirc),NASC would not allow him access to test the B sample so took them to court and won,unfortunately the lab had lost the b sample so it could not be tested.Ive said it a few times on here but Maywether is the next Lance Armstrong,once he is fully retired and no longer bringing the huge money into Las Vegas he will be outed.Being the biggest money earning athlete in America does have its advantages.

Edited by MickC
2 minutes ago, MickC said:

Exactly Gnash thats why the testers hold onto the samples for years and keep re testing them.I read on another forum that there is almost as many unknown peds/maskers etc as there is known ones now and the testers world wide are at a loss to keep up.

They just dont have the finances to compete Mick.....if you want to find a forgery who better to ask than a forger.....but the forger has no scruples he will go wherever the money is.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

They just dont have the finances to compete Mick.....if you want to find a forgery who better to ask than a forger.....but the forger has no scruples he will go wherever the money is.

Thats true as well mte,I will say another thing as well. I think a failed ped test all depends on who you are,there are loads of cases of certain athletes being let off and others thrown straight under the bus.Test them all exactly the same and no matter how big a star or how wealthy they are deal with them all the same so its a level playing field for athletes from every sport the World over .There is another link which stated that if they banned all the track and field athletes for ped use they would lose most the athletes and the sport would never recover from it should all ever be brought out into the open .

Edited by MickC
34 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Question to an ex fighter ...I have always worked on the assumption that everyone in elite level sport is "at it " to some degree ,I don't really concern myself too much with the rights wrongs morals of it all .....but do you think boxing should be the exception ,the sport were there is no grey area ,where PEDS are wrong full stop ?the sport where the outrage at cheating is justified ?

1 minute ago, Astanley said:

Question to an ex fighter ...I have always worked on the assumption that everyone in elite level sport is "at it " to some degree ,I don't really concern myself too much with the rights wrongs morals of it all .....but do you think boxing should be the exception ,the sport were there is no grey area ,where PEDS are wrong full stop ?the sport where the outrage at cheating is justified ?

When the aim of the game is to harm your opponent then the ramifications of cheating should be severe? Dillian Whyte and many others think the reward is worth the small risk that they get caught. Just imagine if Rivas was one of those that died last weekend. 

• Like 1
59 minutes ago, Astanley said:

If im being truthful Stan its something ive always sat on the fence about but yes over the years ive started to come round to the way of thinking that when it comes to direct damage on an opponent there really shouldnt be any room for doubt should there.

The trouble is as you know the money involved in sport and who earns it means that the power doesnt come from the Governing bodies it comes from the athletes/promotional teams etc.....take the IOC for instance....their acceptable level for say Ephedrine ( a banned substance ) in the 1990,s was 6 parts per million,then for reasons known only to them at the time ?...they raised it to 10 ppm,meaning 9 was now a negative test.....9 ppm is the sort of level you would get from taking a cold medicine  and unlikely to effect performance but 10 is a failed test for Peds !!!...... why not make 0000.1 a failed test ?....they have the science to do it....and thats just 1 substance,some substances Wada allow 25 ppm !

Personally i lose a bit of interest in boxing and boxers when they reach the highest level,sadly the competitive purity is lost for me.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, Jobi said:

Mr Whyte has been stripped of his WBC interim title and is no longer the mandatory challenger, now ban the cheat. 

I wonder what is going to happen about his gloves ? Apparently Whyte wore a pair of gloves different to the ones he had picked out and had been ok'd to use and refused to let the new ones be inspected after the fight,if this is all true he is in a bad situation and then the alleged failed test on top.He also had his hands wrapped without letting Rivas team watch it being done and refused to take them off so that Rivas team could watch his hands wrapped this time. He was reported at the time for the hand wraps and the gloves and so a complaint was raised at the time.

7 minutes ago, MickC said:

I wonder what is going to happen about his gloves ? Apparently Whyte wore a pair of gloves different to the ones he had picked out and had been ok'd to use and refused to let the new ones be inspected after the fight,if this is all true he is in a bad situation and then the alleged failed test on top.He also had his hands wrapped without letting Rivas team watch it being done and refused to take them off so that Rivas team could watch his hands wrapped this time. He was reported at the time for the hand wraps and the gloves and so a complaint was raised at the time.

A cheat of the highest order, I'm sure Hearn will have that particular incident brushed under the carpet. I can't see him being able to worm his way out of the failed test though.