Boxing At The Weekend...

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The THL fight club

f****n embarrassing the whole event !....now we're all going to have to listen to these mma divs saying their fighters can hang with pro boxers well played Fury you big melt ! And we're supposed

Just got back from my lads first fight.  Think I was more nervous than him!

Posted Images

Whyte did well last night but I expected a lot more from Rivas tbh, the fact he was ranked in the top ten of all the organisations shows how poor the Heavyweight division is at the moment. Not really been a fan of Whyte but he only had 7 amateur fights after a background in kick boxing but he has done well in his pro career and you can see improvements in every fight, I just cant get my head round the fights he has passed up on especially the Joshua rematch for the 4 belts . Joshua has never improved in his career but like mentioned you can see improvements in Whyte and imo he could  beat Joshua now .

Good win for Pacman over Thurman, Ive got a feeling it will be the Pacman v Mayweather rematch for the opening of the new stadium being built in Las Vegas .

Edited by MickC
  • Like 1
10 hours ago, Stoney100 said:

Efe ajagba fighting next on the link...watch this fight as he is one mean knut and defo going to be a world champion one day imo

http://crackstreams.com/boxingstreams/watch-thurman-vs-pacquiao-ppv/

Quite an eye opener that one, have followed efa for a while and had him down as a big hurdle in dubious progress, but looked rather one dimensional and never had much of a plan B when walking over casually and knocking the opponent out in a round failed ?? 

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Stoney100 said:

Efe ajagba fighting next on the link...watch this fight as he is one mean knut and defo going to be a world champion one day imo

http://crackstreams.com/boxingstreams/watch-thurman-vs-pacquiao-ppv/

Quite an eye opener that one, have followed efa for a while and had him down as a big hurdle in dubious progress, but looked rather one dimensional and never had much of a plan B when walking over casually and knocking the opponent out in a round failed ?? 

17 hours ago, ArchieHood said:

Duffield is on now.20190720_181214.jpg.bedd10f8d2dae5bc821b73eeba86a50b.jpg

Terrible performance from Charlie he just never got into the fight he can box so much better than that....he,s a good honest lad who was never going to reach world level but an area title possible national title is well within his grasp,back to the drawing board i guess.

Lovely win for Chisora i was told he had a terrible camp they was even going to call the fight off less than a week ago so fair play.

Well done David Price as well he deserves a break.....must admit i didnt enjoy that fight ive said for a while now that lad David Allen will end up getting hurt....being able to take a shot and having a likeable fun personality shouldnt be enough to get you 1 fight away from world title contention its a fiasco that could only happen in todays times of silly social media popularity contests.....you play football,you play cricket.....you dont play boxing !

Whyte looks to be improving in all areas every fight he shows something new Mark Tibbs is doing great with him,very good competitive fight i thought.

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 2
2 hours ago, Greyman said:

Lol yeah I was watching thinking I’ve tipped a donkey as a thoroughbred here :doh: he definitely has a lot of work to do but he is still young and got good trainers around him so will come good I’m sure

Just watched the pac man fight as fell asleep so missed it live but what a joy to watch him fight like that still and looking like a 20 year old! 

Its no surprise to me tho, some of the muay Thai fighters I met in Phuket we’re older than him but we’re still unbelievably fit, they dedicate their life to fighting from kids and live a proper healthy lifestyle with no smoking/drinking/drugs/partying etc, fighting is a business to them and they need their body’s to last as long as possible to make money so they look after it lol

• Like 2
16 minutes ago, Stoney100 said:

Yes mate lol

you still doing the scrap/ with your wagon, or you in differnt work now, what dogs you got now pm if want . you had  nice bull x bitch  .

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, bird said:

you still doing the scrap/ with your wagon, or you in differnt work now, what dogs you got now pm if want . you had  nice bull x bitch  .

Yes mate still doing the scrap, got a couple of decent wagons now that should last me a good few years, and I’ve still got her mate, she’s 12 now but still in good shape for a mooch about with my couple of bushers (cocker x patt) 

AA50657D-0F14-489B-896A-8D41F10F0AD6.jpeg.17869de3321b34a8b7a2733a00415cb5.jpeg

13DE0F40-1322-48DD-9DA9-7B6FA7FDA4CB.jpeg.9b192a49050659c19fb518f2e636040f.jpeg

15BBDDC3-F893-43AB-AB06-0CC04CE063D7.jpeg.eda3ffc072748b81c438ccbbb40fe13f.jpeg

• Like 2
18 hours ago, MickC said:

Rivas has fought and beat nobody as a pro and it showed tonight, Whyte holding him at bay with a basic double jab. Excellent finish from Chisora, him against Parker be a good match up .

You say that Mick but the value in these fights are what Whyte gains mentally not financially.....a lot of heavyweights out there want to do as little as possible for as much money as possible because they think they are better than what they are.....Dillian knows he is not the finished article and with only 7 amateur fights where better to gain knowledge and experience than in competitive fights with top ranked opponents ? Whyte is like a breath of fresh air in an extremely sad climate of heavyweight boxing where being a media whore to gain public popularity seems to hold more value than improving your craft as a sportsman....i got chatting with a couple of young lads down from Leeds supporting David Allen last night they told me i dont know anything about boxing because i didnt know who Kugan Cassius was !!!.....this is the society we now live in so thank goodness for lads like Dillian doing things the right way brushing himself down after a setback,visualising where he wants to be and strategically placing himself in fights that will improve him as an athlete.I remember when he was fighting on ticket deals in South London you could tell he was a guy who was willing to work hard,listen and totally commit himself to boxing surrounding himself with proper boxing people who are adding 10% to his game with every fight.....if he continues to add facets to his arsenal like the double jab you mentioned this will be a fighter that has simply done everything he can do,and with that comes a great deal of satisfaction regardless of the outcome.....the type of sporting satisfaction that those of us who didnt and dont simply do everything they can do,can never get.

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 2