Boxing At The Weekend...

13 minutes ago, Francie, said:

Yep i agree kev,its all about entertainment to these days,bita craic, people need to lighten up he is funny an a good soul,does alot for charity but dont brag about it.

Nobodys perfect eh

I'm talking purely boxing mate... showmanship has always been part and parcel of it...I just don't think he ranks with who I consider greats...but that's opinions for you, they're like assholes,we've all got one lol

• Like 2

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The THL fight club

Joshua really is just a straight acting kid no frills and tassles he doesnt fall into all the silly stuff that is popular with fighters these days he has the mindset that if he is good enough he will

f****n embarrassing the whole event !....now we're all going to have to listen to these mma divs saying their fighters can hang with pro boxers well played Fury you big melt ! And we're supposed

Posted Images

Just now, NEWKID said:

I'm talking purely boxing mate... showmanship has always been part and parcel of it...I just don't think he ranks with who I consider greats...but that's opinions for you, they're like assholes,we've all got one lol

We sure do kev lol mike tyson seems to rate him an plenty other great boxers too,but as you say weve all got an opinion

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
On 27/02/2023 at 11:11, NEWKID said:

Here it is ..my 24 year old daughter paid to watch the fight, she's never sat and watched a fight with me before..  she was sending up dates on the fight to my Mrs... ffs!!

I just rolled my eyes and took the dog out lol

Love island, you tube fame but rank novices headlining a sold out fight... madness... but here we are..

The unfortunate thing is real fight fans are turned off by this so Tommy who wants to progress as a boxer is instantly seen as part of the circus...or maybe the quick cash is better than coming up through the ranks the old fashioned way...I suppose you can't blame em for cashing in, just not my cup of tea at all...

Yes that's exactly it mate, it was a spectacle that got people who are nowhere near interested in boxing watching and talking  and when you consider last night there was some great boxing on, tsyzu vs Harrison, and there's some great fights coming up, like inoue-fulton, you realise it's a sign of the times and utter madness 

While jake paul fetch new interest in the sport from youngsters? As in wanting to take it up? Remains to be seen..

But I agree with you,not my cup of tea 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Billy b said:

Yes that's exactly it mate, it was a spectacle that got people who are nowhere near interested in boxing watching and talking  and when you consider last night there was some great boxing on, tsyzu vs Harrison, and there's some great fights coming up, like inoue-fulton, you realise it's a sign of the times and utter madness 

While jake paul fetch new interest in the sport from youngsters? As in wanting to take it up? Remains to be seen..

But I agree with you,not my cup of tea 

Did you watch Danny Azeez last night mate?

Decent scrap, he's relentless but the Frenchman was tough... 

• Like 1
21 hours ago, keepdiggin said:

I agree kev if it wasn’t for his last name he wouldn’t be a professional boxer imo

Just watched last night's fight on You Tube, decent scrap, you can see hes improving but he gets caught alot moving in... early days still but the verdicts out for me...

• Like 1
18 hours ago, NEWKID said:

I think the big difference is some are fans of fighters and some are fans of the fight game the two will never see things the same as we are not looking at the same thing ?

• Like 1
2 hours ago, NEWKID said:

Did you watch Danny Azeez last night mate?

Decent scrap, he's relentless but the Frenchman was tough... 

Yes I did, I like Azeez, oldschool style and in look,man of few words, doing everything right 

• Like 1
On 10/03/2023 at 22:47, mC HULL said:

how lol are you smoking crack mate lol

firy beat chisora out boxed him with ease didn’t take a shot lol

usyk against chisora usyk was wincing getting bullied most a the fight couldn’t keep him off 

so how the fack lol in anyone’s mind do they see usyk as the far superior boxer ffs leave the pipe alone lads ? 

It's as clear as day who's chasing a legacy and who's chasing money mc yet it's fury who keeps changing the contracts I still think it won't happen 

• Like 2