Boxing At The Weekend...

4 hours ago, shaaark said:

No, I don't. 

It's quite easy at times to get confused with boxing figures and stats.

One thing I definitely do know though, tyson fury is NOT the best Heavyweight in boxing history!!  Lol

There are a few fellas on here that know more, and are well up on it all, than me.  When they post something, and it makes sense, I think about it, and take it in.

I don't just repeat the rubbish I read, see or hear about a particular boxer, just for the sake of it, which some people, especially on here, keep doing re fury.

and you’re getting crabby 

• Haha 1

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The THL fight club

Joshua really is just a straight acting kid no frills and tassles he doesnt fall into all the silly stuff that is popular with fighters these days he has the mindset that if he is good enough he will

f****n embarrassing the whole event !....now we're all going to have to listen to these mma divs saying their fighters can hang with pro boxers well played Fury you big melt ! And we're supposed

Posted Images

2 hours ago, keepdiggin said:

and you’re getting crabby 

Oooh, I'll consider myself 'told off!!'

f****n right though, ain't I?!!

Now piss off you f****n girl!!  Lol

Oooh hang on, or is your vitriol aimed at me because you too can now see fury is full of shit, lies and contradictions?!

Welcome aboard, fella ??

Edited by shaaark
  • Haha 1

2 lads from round here with decent careers ahead of them have  wasted  it through drugs one beat cheeseman( bad decision in my view )  and Fowler and was set for a decent purse in a rematch with Fowler got put in rehad a few times and  the other fell the same way plenty of talent but drugs as ruined them 

• Sad 1
On 28/01/2023 at 23:07, Billy b said:

Yarde doing better than I thought in a cracking fight 

Beterbiev will get him in the end  

What a great fight.. Yarde really impressed, just the sheer resilience of Beterbiev and his class in finishing...

I think the corner was maybe a little early in throwing the towel in as Yarde had looked in trouble a couple of times and came back well..  but they are ringside and can see far better than us arm chair pundits...

Could be fight of the year already and we're not out of January! Lol

• Like 2
8 hours ago, NEWKID said:

What a great fight.. Yarde really impressed, just the sheer resilience of Beterbiev and his class in finishing...

I think the corner was maybe a little early in throwing the towel in as Yarde had looked in trouble a couple of times and came back well..  but they are ringside and can see far better than us arm chair pundits...

Could be fight of the year already and we're not out of January! Lol

I agree with that and have never liked  " close " relationships between a fighter and his corner....its not like Yarde has a lot of miles on the clock..... Ajayi and Yarde are close friends and a corner arrangement like that will always cause a fighter to be over protected........was Yarde likely to turn it around,no probably not......but he's a banger who can stand and have it as a last resort......how many times would fighters like Nigel Benn have been stopped if not allowed to rally back when in trouble.

That said it was a good little scrap and Beterbiev will take some stopping......personally i think the biggest fights out there for Yarde are domestic fights with the likes of Buatsi,Smith etc........Yarde - Buatsi is a fight ive liked the look of for a long time.

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 2
3 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

I agree with that and have never liked  " close " relationships between a fighter and his corner....its not like Yarde has a lot of miles on the clock..... Ajayi and Yarde are close friends and a corner arrangement like that will always cause a fighter to be over protected........was Yarde likely to turn it around,no probably not......but he's a banger who can stand and have it as a last resort......how many times would fighters like Nigel Benn have been stopped if not allowed to rally back when in trouble.

That said it was a good little scrap and Beterbiev will take some stopping......personally i think the biggest fights out there for Yarde are domestic fights with the likes of Buatsi,Smith etc........Yarde - Buatsi is a fight ive liked the look of for a long time.

Good comparison with Benn mate, and agreed that as a "banger" he would still fancy his chances even when he was hurt....its a tough call for the corner but I just didn't see him being in enough trouble for the towel to come in... 

Yarde is still youngish and I reckon this is one he'll really learn from, still some big fights for him...

• Like 1
On 31/01/2023 at 21:41, NEWKID said:

Good comparison with Benn mate, and agreed that as a "banger" he would still fancy his chances even when he was hurt....its a tough call for the corner but I just didn't see him being in enough trouble for the towel to come in... 

Yarde is still youngish and I reckon this is one he'll really learn from, still some big fights for him...

Carl " the cat" Thompson could absorb punishment round after round and then knock out his opponent. He was hammered by David Haye relentlessly and then stopped him. He did the same against Rothman  in South Africa.

When he fought Johnny Nelson, the ref stopped the fight after Nelson had him on the ropes. It still drives Carl crazy to this day that the ref stopped in so early.  Carl didn't get going until he had received a good pummelling.

When it came to street hardness and the willingness to hang in there, even when you were semi conscious, CT had it in abundance. He trains a relation of mine now and you couldn't possibly meet a  nicer man. But in the ring he took some beating.

• Like 2

We were debating " hardness" in boxers recently. Seems to me the top Russian and Ukrainian boxers have this in abundance now. Whereas,  as somebody put it, many of our boxers are just "gym rats".

I guess those ruskies and ukes don't have the same 'cushioning' they our lads are brought up with.

• Like 1