Boxing At The Weekend...

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The THL fight club

f****n embarrassing the whole event !....now we're all going to have to listen to these mma divs saying their fighters can hang with pro boxers well played Fury you big melt ! And we're supposed

Joshua really is just a straight acting kid no frills and tassles he doesnt fall into all the silly stuff that is popular with fighters these days he has the mindset that if he is good enough he will

Posted Images

On 27/11/2022 at 23:46, gnasher16 said:

I dont think Fury really fancies fighting anyone he thinks has a chance of beating him....i dont say that because im not a fan of his i just think theres fighters out there who simply dont have that competitive nature where they want to find out how they stack up against the best Calzaghe i think was the same their main goal at all costs is to stay unbeaten.

Like i say mate i think its probably too late for Joshua now Tony Simms did wonders with him and they could possibly team up again but like i say it would be going over old ground .....that intensity he had back then was replaced by an amateur point scoring style that McCracken was known for....and now its a bit much to expect any trainer to reinvent a fighter who came into the game late ... its like you're constantly in a debt of learning to yourself.....the only real option i believe Joshua has is to go back to what got him there,full on commitment to an offensive walk them down style.....and any top trainer should be able to get the best out of him that way as its what he's good at......but all that aside,whether his heart is still in the game is another matter.

when you think about it in simple terms,Uysk   got the 3 belts, fury got the 1, fury keep saying he fighting man etc, and he beat uysk eSY, WELL BACK YOUR MOUTH  Fury, but no he wont? its a fooken  joke this heavyweight  shit, you got a bloke 6ft 9in  19 st, scared to fight a 6ft 3in 15 st 7 lb bloke , you think fury jump at the fight.Uysk  said he wants to fight Fury march 4th  2023, i think if fury wont fight that time next year, well he should give up his belt, and retire  proper, let some young hungry heavyweights  come through and  let them have a go .

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, bird said:

when you think about it in simple terms,Uysk   got the 3 belts, fury got the 1, fury keep saying he fighting man etc, and he beat uysk eSY, WELL BACK YOUR MOUTH  Fury, but no he wont? its a fooken  joke this heavyweight  shit, you got a bloke 6ft 9in  19 st, scared to fight a 6ft 3in 15 st 7 lb bloke , you think fury jump at the fight.Uysk  said he wants to fight Fury march 4th  2023, i think if fury wont fight that time next year, well he should give up his belt, and retire  proper, let some young hungry heavyweights  come through and  let them have a go .

your way off mate fury has won all the belts usyk has took them in germany no one beat him for them 

fury wanted to fight usyk at the weekend usyk said he was injured 

the belt fury has is the wbc the most sought after belt 

fury will fight usyk without a doubt he give the ring magazine belt up for usyk joshua to fight for so when he beats usyk he has won it 3 times the only other heavy to ever win it 3 times is ali great company to be in ? 

Edited by mC HULL
On 27/11/2022 at 23:46, gnasher16 said:

I dont think Fury really fancies fighting anyone he thinks has a chance of beating him....i dont say that because im not a fan of his i just think theres fighters out there who simply dont have that competitive nature where they want to find out how they stack up against the best Calzaghe i think was the same their main goal at all costs is to stay unbeaten.

Like i say mate i think its probably too late for Joshua now Tony Simms did wonders with him and they could possibly team up again but like i say it would be going over old ground .....that intensity he had back then was replaced by an amateur point scoring style that McCracken was known for....and now its a bit much to expect any trainer to reinvent a fighter who came into the game late ... its like you're constantly in a debt of learning to yourself.....the only real option i believe Joshua has is to go back to what got him there,full on commitment to an offensive walk them down style.....and any top trainer should be able to get the best out of him that way as its what he's good at......but all that aside,whether his heart is still in the game is another matter.

how can you say that gnash ? he went to germany to fight a champion on the most defences ever klitschko 

then went to the usa to fight an undefeated knock out merchant on about 50 percent 

but doesn’t want to fight anyone can beat him ? come on mate your hare for the fury’s is clouding your judgement 

and wasn’t mccracken training aj the full time on the sly because of rules about him training amateurs 

Fury has had five world title fights.., five, and three of those were against the same opponent! Fury didn’t achieve greatness beating Wilder, he only proved Wilder was the fraud we all suspected. Dillian Whyte deserved a shot, but AJ, Povetkin, even Chisora had shown us Whyte would struggle at the highest level. Then there have been a smattering of bums in ‘warm up’ fights. I don’t dislike Fury, but there’s a lot of talk comes out of him and his camp, and the pedigree just doesn’t back up the boasting. When all’s said and done I’ll judge his standing in the sport on who he fought and beat, but also the fights I feel he avoided. Maybe it’s the money? Give a fighter tens of millions for a single fight, it makes it easy to kick back and spout shit on social media but avoid putting yourself or record in any real jeopardy…, but then it hasn’t stopped real fighting men like Mayweather, Canelo, and that crop of light/welters all mixing it up in the states the last few years. If both Fury and Joshua retired today then I’d have more respect for AJ because of who he fought…, and he’s a fighter who came up well short of any sort of greatness.

I won’t be tuning into the fight tonight, I’ll be washing what little hair I have left. Fury might get a late stoppage, or a convincing points win, he’ll sing a song in the ring, then he’ll retire…, only to reappear on Twitter next week telling the world what he ‘could’ do with AJ, Usyk etc. Bored to fcuk with all that…, either shit or get off the pot now. Waste of a great boxing career imho.

• Like 4
6 hours ago, pesky1972 said:

Fury has had five world title fights.., five, and three of those were against the same opponent! Fury didn’t achieve greatness beating Wilder, he only proved Wilder was the fraud we all suspected. Dillian Whyte deserved a shot, but AJ, Povetkin, even Chisora had shown us Whyte would struggle at the highest level. Then there have been a smattering of bums in ‘warm up’ fights. I don’t dislike Fury, but there’s a lot of talk comes out of him and his camp, and the pedigree just doesn’t back up the boasting. When all’s said and done I’ll judge his standing in the sport on who he fought and beat, but also the fights I feel he avoided. Maybe it’s the money? Give a fighter tens of millions for a single fight, it makes it easy to kick back and spout shit on social media but avoid putting yourself or record in any real jeopardy…, but then it hasn’t stopped real fighting men like Mayweather, Canelo, and that crop of light/welters all mixing it up in the states the last few years. If both Fury and Joshua retired today then I’d have more respect for AJ because of who he fought…, and he’s a fighter who came up well short of any sort of greatness.

I won’t be tuning into the fight tonight, I’ll be washing what little hair I have left. Fury might get a late stoppage, or a convincing points win, he’ll sing a song in the ring, then he’ll retire…, only to reappear on Twitter next week telling the world what he ‘could’ do with AJ, Usyk etc. Bored to fcuk with all that…, either shit or get off the pot now. Waste of a great boxing career imho.

on the money mate, i really hope fury and uysk  get it on next year, and we can have one champion, i still think uysk will beat him, just look at his record, ok at cruiser, but he stepped to heavy no prob . from what i read uysk wants the before march, in his homeland , because of his religious  faith , if fury really wants them belts  he fight him, but he wont ??  

7 hours ago, pesky1972 said:

fury took 3 belts from klitschko in germany while he had defended it 20 times and usa against one of the hardest hitters ever on ten defence show is wilder a fraud lost to one man will ko the rest as we will see over the coming years 

how does joshua compare never beat a champion on more the a few defences 

you say about mayweather great wasn’t it him showed you pretend to retire come back more money ? 

chisora fought usyk a few fights ago usyk couldn’t do nothing with him ? 

1 hour ago, bird said:

on the money mate, i really hope fury and uysk  get it on next year, and we can have one champion, i still think uysk will beat him, just look at his record, ok at cruiser, but he stepped to heavy no prob . from what i read uysk wants the before march, in his homeland , because of his religious  faith , if fury really wants them belts  he fight him, but he wont ??  

stepped up to heavy no problem mate ? he hasn’t even knocked a top cruiser out never mind a heavy been at heavy 4 fights? not even sat anyone on there arse yet he’s ok if you like amateur boxing ? 

Edited by mC HULL
  • Haha 1
24 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

fury took 3 belts from klitschko in germany while he had defended it 20 times and usa against one of the hardest hitters ever on ten defence show is wilder a fraud lost to one man will ko the rest as we will see over the coming years 

how does joshua compare never beat a champion on more the a few defences 

you say about mayweather great wasn’t it him showed you pretend to retire come back more money ? 

chisora fought usyk a few fights ago usyk couldn’t do nothing with him ? 

Firstly, I think too much is made about the whole ‘backyard’ thing. Fury had fans in Germany, it wasn’t exactly Rocky IV.

Secondly, and it’s just my opinion, AJ got his first world strap easy, but remember it was only his 16th pro fight. Since then I think most of his fights have been against genuine & ranked opponents. Fury fans bemoan the stripping of the IBF belt, but that’s the world of boxing and fighting mandatories v’s honouring rematch clauses etc. People conveniently forget the positive test and ban which ensured Fury was out the picture anyway. That was on him.

Mayweather came back to fight the likes of Canelo at 36, Pacquaio at 38. He could have been happily retired with an unbelievable legacy and legit claim at least to be the ‘GOAT’. No comparison to Fury imho.

Lastly, and most importantly, I couldn’t care less what Fury did to Klitshko, or what Usyk could or couldn’t do with Chisora. It all means and proves nothing to me and I couldn’t care less who people think would ‘win on paper’. Fury and Joshua have been kicking about the top end of the HW division for about a decade.., and still haven’t met in the ring. As a fan that frustrates me, and probably more with Fury than AJ, simply because Fury never shuts up about what he could do to AJ. I know that with promoters, TV deals etc., and the leverage that gives one fighter over the other it can be complicated making a deal, but it could and should have been done by now.., and on the whole I think Fury has done more to avoid AJ than the other way round. I’ve no doubt you won’t agree.., but the fact that Fury fought Wilder three times, and is now fighting Chisora for a third time speaks volumes to me. These are just my opinions. Enjoy the fight tonight bud, I’d watch it but am ‘otherwise engaged’ ?

85C05B5C-F8FF-4574-8704-7501E6A535D9.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
2 hours ago, pesky1972 said:

Firstly, I think too much is made about the whole ‘backyard’ thing. Fury had fans in Germany, it wasn’t exactly Rocky IV.

Secondly, and it’s just my opinion, AJ got his first world strap easy, but remember it was only his 16th pro fight. Since then I think most of his fights have been against genuine & ranked opponents. Fury fans bemoan the stripping of the IBF belt, but that’s the world of boxing and fighting mandatories v’s honouring rematch clauses etc. People conveniently forget the positive test and ban which ensured Fury was out the picture anyway. That was on him.

Mayweather came back to fight the likes of Canelo at 36, Pacquaio at 38. He could have been happily retired with an unbelievable legacy and legit claim at least to be the ‘GOAT’. No comparison to Fury imho.

Lastly, and most importantly, I couldn’t care less what Fury did to Klitshko, or what Usyk could or couldn’t do with Chisora. It all means and proves nothing to me and I couldn’t care less who people think would ‘win on paper’. Fury and Joshua have been kicking about the top end of the HW division for about a decade.., and still haven’t met in the ring. As a fan that frustrates me, and probably more with Fury than AJ, simply because Fury never shuts up about what he could do to AJ. I know that with promoters, TV deals etc., and the leverage that gives one fighter over the other it can be complicated making a deal, but it could and should have been done by now.., and on the whole I think Fury has done more to avoid AJ than the other way round. I’ve no doubt you won’t agree.., but the fact that Fury fought Wilder three times, and is now fighting Chisora for a third time speaks volumes to me. These are just my opinions. Enjoy the fight tonight bud, I’d watch it but am ‘otherwise engaged’ ?

85C05B5C-F8FF-4574-8704-7501E6A535D9.jpeg

Great, and pretty much spot on post, pesky ? ?

Edited by shaaark
  • Like 3