Boxing At The Weekend...

11 hours ago, JBs Left Peg said:

Savannah Marshall looking very fit and strong in her latest interview.

Shiels a good boxer I think Marshall will stop her ?

She can certainly bang for a lass ,the fury team have done wonders with her confidence wise , I think once she starts letting the power  shots go she'll be just too much for sheilds pitta patter style, im looking forward to this fight to see that cockey yanks attitude adjusted. ?

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The THL fight club

Joshua really is just a straight acting kid no frills and tassles he doesnt fall into all the silly stuff that is popular with fighters these days he has the mindset that if he is good enough he will

Just got back from my lads first fight.  Think I was more nervous than him!

Posted Images

On 10/08/2022 at 00:02, gnasher16 said:

The minute Conor turned pro folk were rubbing their hands together to create this rivalry...but its a terrible match up......Eubank Snr was too big for Nigel,only for the fact that Nigel was a deeply game individual were those fights so competitive....i dont believe Conor has those qualities.

Spot on. A match that I don’t think would ever have been made had it not been for their fathers history. I’d guess it’s a good earner for both fighters, but one that Eubank needs at this stage more than Benn? I don’t see anything but a comfortable Eubank win with potential for Benn to get hurt that might impact his career. Eubank says its lose-lose for him, and win-win for Benn, but not for me. 

Reckon I might get AJ v Usyk without moaning about the PPV price ?

Be interesting to see what Joshua can come up with to try and turn it around. Thought he did well to learn from the Ruiz ko, in reverting to boxing to get the win. Think Usyk is a level above that, and don’t see Joshua outboxing him, or trying to. Hopefully Joshua can draw him into a brawl and land something to trouble Usyk. I won’t be betting my life savings on it though.

53 minutes ago, pesky1972 said:

Spot on. A match that I don’t think would ever have been made had it not been for their fathers history. I’d guess it’s a good earner for both fighters, but one that Eubank needs at this stage more than Benn? I don’t see anything but a comfortable Eubank win with potential for Benn to get hurt that might impact his career. Eubank says its lose-lose for him, and win-win for Benn, but not for me. 

If their surnames weren't what they are,can you imagine trying to put this fight together? 

You've got a welter who hasn't fought anyone and has been matched very generously, not even shown interest in domestic opposition and got close to a British belt 

So what we will do is, we'll get him in there with a bod who has fought at super-middle, mixed it with some top names, got the the semis of the WBSS, and we will chuck a catch weight in there in the hope that the naturally bigger man is bone dry and drained 

You'd get looked at like the div you sound like wouldn't you, but of course their surnames ensure this will earn them a big load of dough, and fairplay for that, we all want a few quid don't we, but other than that, this is a circus 

Edited by Billy b
  • Like 3
On 15/08/2022 at 18:41, Billy b said:

If their surnames weren't what they are,can you imagine trying to put this fight together? 

You've got a welter who hasn't fought anyone and has been matched very generously, not even shown interest in domestic opposition and got close to a British belt 

So what we will do is, we'll get him in there with a bod who has fought at super-middle, mixed it with some top names, got the the semis of the WBSS, and we will chuck a catch weight in there in the hope that the naturally bigger man is bone dry and drained 

You'd get looked at like the div you sound like wouldn't you, but of course their surnames ensure this will earn them a big load of dough, and fairplay for that, we all want a few quid don't we, but other than that, this is a circus 

Id go as far as to say Eubank is cashing out......if he loses this fight his career is virtually done and a win doesnt really move him anywhere....but is there a bigger fight for him ?

I do feel a little bit sorry for Eubank his career has been an absolute shambles from the start he isnt half the fighter he could/should have been had he been with a proper trainer from the start and the ol man had kept his nut down a bit.....whereas Conor on the other hand is really making the most of what he has,talent wise i wouldnt have give him a chance as a younger man but he really has worked at his craft.

• Like 1
On 15/08/2022 at 18:15, pesky1972 said:

Reckon I might get AJ v Usyk without moaning about the PPV price ?

Be interesting to see what Joshua can come up with to try and turn it around. Thought he did well to learn from the Ruiz ko, in reverting to boxing to get the win. Think Usyk is a level above that, and don’t see Joshua outboxing him, or trying to. Hopefully Joshua can draw him into a brawl and land something to trouble Usyk. I won’t be betting my life savings on it though.

Must admit im starting to really look forward to this fight now its one of those fights that is so easy to predict whats going to happen you can literally just sit back and enjoy watching who does their thing the best.......obviously Joshua is going to be more aggressive early and obviously Usyk is going to bide his time and try to press Joshua mid to late......its just great to have such a good honest competitive heavyweight fight.

• Like 3
11 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Must admit im starting to really look forward to this fight now its one of those fights that is so easy to predict whats going to happen you can literally just sit back and enjoy watching who does their thing the best.......obviously Joshua is going to be more aggressive early and obviously Usyk is going to bide his time and try to press Joshua mid to late......its just great to have such a good honest competitive heavyweight fight.

i hope aj pulls it off he needs to put it all on the line early stop him or be stopped hit him with everything and swarm him 

either way none are top 2 in the division both be beaten in a undisputed fight 

7 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

i hope aj pulls it off he needs to put it all on the line early stop him or be stopped hit him with everything and swarm him 

either way none are top 2 in the division both be beaten in a undisputed fight 

Agree with your first paragraph.

Second paragraph is just silly talk.

• Like 3
11 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

Id go as far as to say Eubank is cashing out......if he loses this fight his career is virtually done and a win doesnt really move him anywhere....but is there a bigger fight for him ?

I do feel a little bit sorry for Eubank his career has been an absolute shambles from the start he isnt half the fighter he could/should have been had he been with a proper trainer from the start and the ol man had kept his nut down a bit.....whereas Conor on the other hand is really making the most of what he has,talent wise i wouldnt have give him a chance as a younger man but he really has worked at his craft.

Yeah and in theory what a good cash out fight it is, relatively low risk for a very High pay, but if he does lose then I can't see where he can go, I know he would have got trounced but I think he should have had the golovkin fight when it was on the table for him years ago, he had plenty to say about it, and from what I remember it was nearly over the line and ready for him to take but it never came off, I'm sure a bit of digging would show an opponent more suitable for eubank but off the top of me head i can't think of one

I think most people would just like to see him chase legitimate honours in his own division 

Yeah eubanks not had the best career has he, and some weird things have been allowed to happen, what's all that about posing in between rounds without barely letting ronnie Davies get a word on? He has a fantastic engine in a fight, good conditioning, chin so would have been good to see him trained correctly like you say, and how much different it could have been for him, i don't think roy jones Jr has done wonders with him either personally ,it doesn't strike me as his style 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, N00DLES said:

I work with a relative of Fury’s old trainer BD and apparently Fury isn’t confident in fighting Usyk like he is Joshua

The foot work, angles, movement, mobility etc are taxing as we saw with Bellew 

Fury’s advantage would be his size, he may be just too big for Usyk

i wouldn’t worry about what ben davidson thinks ? 

against fury the only one the footwork angles movement will be taxing on is usyk just trying to get inside 

• Like 1
13 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

Its always been strange with how Eubank jr seems to go for smaller guys than himself Benn jr, Kell Brook straight after the Khan win but when the opportunity is there for him to test himself against the top men at his weight or near to it he's not so interested anymore (GGG, Canelo). I think its much more about the easier pound notes then testing himself or legacy.

One thing is for sure Sky or whoever has the rights for the fight will do plenty of build up with Nigel & Chris snr going at it which will be entertaining.

• Like 1