• 3 weeks later...

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The THL fight club

Just got back from my lads first fight.  Think I was more nervous than him!

Joshua really is just a straight acting kid no frills and tassles he doesnt fall into all the silly stuff that is popular with fighters these days he has the mindset that if he is good enough he will

Posted Images

On 12/07/2022 at 02:46, dytkos said:

Some scrap this! 

Cheers, D.

Surely got to be a contender for fight of the year. The switch hitting from the lad in the jeans was causing all sorts of problems.., as was his shoulder roll/look in completely the opposite direction, defence. Think the lad in the shorts managed to drop himself with more of his own shots than he actually landed on his opponent. Can’t help thinking that at least one of them wasn’t the full shilling.., and the cnut doing the filming was taking a bit of a liberty. At least no-one got hurt ?

• Haha 4

Some good boxing last night, McKinson has a big future,also went over to the lions den and fought Vergil Ortiz Jr, something Benn wanted absolutely no part of 

Dalton Smith again boxed well, him, Nick Ball and Ben Whitaker are going to have fantastic careers imo, Johnny Fisher fight was a poor stoppage imo although to tell the truth you could see what was on, it was only a matter of time 

Now going to have a watch of the Conlan fight 

Edited by Billy b
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, pesky1972 said:

Surely got to be a contender for fight of the year. The switch hitting from the lad in the jeans was causing all sorts of problems.., as was his shoulder roll/look in completely the opposite direction, defence. Think the lad in the shorts managed to drop himself with more of his own shots than he actually landed on his opponent. Can’t help thinking that at least one of them wasn’t the full shilling.., and the cnut doing the filming was taking a bit of a liberty. At least no-one got hurt ?

it would be close but i reckon i could sneak a win against these two

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, keepdiggin said:

Because he fought lots more fights 

Yes, I know that.  But what I'm saying is, most fighters these days are ready to retire after just a few losses.

A few boxers these days,  could  take a leaf out of Derek chisora's book, as the saying goes.

Benns best chance is if Jr doesn't get the rehydration right, Benn also likely gonna be carrying weight he's not used to carrying 

Jr will be the winner here imo, fit as a flea he is and relentless, mixed in better company, time will tell 

• Like 1

Conor isnt big enough to trouble Eubank its the wrong fight for both of them......sure he'll be busy enough and probably out work him but will get thrown around in the clinches and generally bashed about in my opinion....must admit i hope the fight doesnt come off.

47 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Conor isnt big enough to trouble Eubank its the wrong fight for both of them......sure he'll be busy enough and probably out work him but will get thrown around in the clinches and generally bashed about in my opinion....must admit i hope the fight doesnt come off.

I agree with all of that

It's mad how people can be so sucked in by it all, I get why it sells because of their fathers, but if you know what you're looking at, weight disparity etc, then like you say it's the wrong fight for both of them 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Billy b said:

I agree with all of that

It's mad how people can be so sucked in by it all, I get why it sells because of their fathers, but if you know what you're looking at, weight disparity etc, then like you say it's the wrong fight for both of them 

The minute Conor turned pro folk were rubbing their hands together to create this rivalry...but its a terrible match up......Eubank Snr was too big for Nigel,only for the fact that Nigel was a deeply game individual were those fights so competitive....i dont believe Conor has those qualities.

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 1
7 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

The minute Conor turned pro folk were rubbing their hands together to create this rivalry...but its a terrible match up......Eubank Snr was too big for Nigel,only for the fact that Nigel was a deeply game individual were those fights so competitive....i dont believe Conor has those qualities.

I don't reckon he's got those qualities either

Not from anything he has shown us so far anyway, peynaud who dropped Benn hard is certainly nowhere near as relentless and fit as jnr in my opinion, so without that quality his dad had its just a hard old job for Benn in there to even try an overcome a naturally bigger man and someone just so fit 

Edited by Billy b
  • Like 1