Boxing At The Weekend...

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The THL fight club

f****n embarrassing the whole event !....now we're all going to have to listen to these mma divs saying their fighters can hang with pro boxers well played Fury you big melt ! And we're supposed

Just got back from my lads first fight.  Think I was more nervous than him!

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, New moon said:

Just watched the highlights, bivol done a good job on him, canelo didnt land many clean shots at all, looked like the slugger  mayweather beat years ago.

definately mate landed very few clean shot bivols  head hardly moved when canelo landed all gloves arms but he landed plenty clean on canelo 

Edited by mC HULL
44 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

definately mate landed very few clean shot bivols  head hardly moved when canelo landed all gloves arms but he landed plenty clean on canelo 

Bivol never broke sweat, canelo looked like his pre motion lotion days. Shame for bivol, worse time to be Russian.

10 hours ago, New moon said:

Bivol never broke sweat, canelo looked like his pre motion lotion days. Shame for bivol, worse time to be Russian.

Never mind the weight, bivol was FAR TOO GOOD for alvarez, during the whole fight. 

And, I've got to be honest, I think bivol will always beat alvarez, and is definitely a rising star, who I didn't really know much about.

Edited by shaaark
  • Like 3

Canelo started as a welterweight. He's very good but the fella was just too big and fought the right fight against him. If I was Canelo, I would skip the rematch. Pointless, unless the judges .......... well you know.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, shaaark said:

Never mind the weight, bivol was FAR TOO GOOD for alvarez, during the whole fight. 

And, I've got to be honest, I think bivol will always beat alvarez, and is definitely a rising star, who I didn't really know much about.

Brilliant jab, good defence, canelo looked lost, no rematch needed imo.

• Like 2

Won a nice couple of quid on this fight id only seen Bivol box a few times but just thought he looked all wrong for Canelo.

Bivol fought the perfect fight and Canelo just looked old i thought.

• Like 4
On 07/05/2022 at 22:54, NEWKID said:

I would've had a pre Ruiz Joshua beating Fury to be honest, I think when he was letting his hands go he was the best finisher in the division (not biggest puncher, best finisher)... Fury at that time did not throw his weight, Joshua would've landed and we know Fury can be hurt, he's recovered well against Wilder but I thought a finisher like Joshua would cause him trouble...

Its swung a bit now, Joshua trying to box and Fury now punching his weight... its the fight we all want to see, regardless if they aren't the best ever etc...it has an interest around it...unfortunately I think Usyk is too good and AJ will struggle again, I hope AJ wins and they get the fight on... 

Agree with a lot of that i actually think Joshua has been totally " over - coached "............all the good qualities he had of spitefulness,desire to hurt opponents,commitment to his attacks,finishing etc etc " have been coached out of him in favour of getting behind his jab !.....i never liked McCracken as a pro coach he does wonders with the amateur kids fair play but this is pro boxing and he pretty much fell on Froch who with his chin could probably of been trained by anyone !

I honestly believe that Joshuas best chance with the top level fighters is to fully commit to 3 rounds of doing what got him there in the first place.....and if he does that i dont think anyone of them can live with him Usyk included........sadly though i think his ( misguided in my opinion ) loyalty to McCracken will see him try to box off the back foot with a box/fighter style that doesnt come natural to him.....and probably be beaten by the top guys.

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 1
On 07/05/2022 at 19:03, shaaark said:

Fury has been quoted as saying 'he's very happy to be retired'.  And 'it's been a long time coming'.

I'll say it again, for about the 10th time, I said fury would retire before he has to fight joshua.  And he definitely WON'T come out of retirement to fight usyk. 

People on here can keep repeating the ABSOLUTE BULLSHITE that fury keeps bleating on about.

In fairness you did say that i remember.....i only remember because i thought you was talking nonsense but looking back it was probably on the cards you're right.

• Thanks 1
On 07/05/2022 at 15:15, New moon said:

People always refer to Holyfield the heavyweight but i remember the mid 80's watching him as a light heavy and he was brilliant his fights against Dwight Qawi were still some of the best fights ive ever seen....to me Holyfield lost a lot of snap in his punches moving up but still an all time great heavyweight.....and possibly THE greatest light heavyweight....apart from Michael Spinks maybe :whistling:

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 3
On 05/05/2022 at 20:11, mC HULL said:

and how many of them would beat fury stonewall

bowe lewis would be the 2 i think would have the best chance 

Roger Bannister is seen as probably the greatest mile runner in British history but he was still 10 - 15 seconds slower than Coe and Ovett.

You are making silly uncomparable comparisons.

• Like 1
On 06/05/2022 at 21:06, shaaark said:

See, that's easily debatable, again.  Fury's best wins to date, are against wilder, a guy that can't really box well, and has fought NO-ONE his whole career.  How on earth he ended up as WBC heavyweight champion, is beyond me really, but more likely down to the WBC dodgy as f**k politics, and a lot of jiggery pokery!!  

Fury definitely lost the 1st mcdermot fight, struggled with and has been decked, more than a few times by cruiserweights, when he's massively outweighed them.

The fight against klitschko he was definitely 'gifted' as klitschko simply didn't do anything.

Really don't know what fury fans are looking at when they see him fighting, cos I certainly don't see anything special at all.

Its what makes people " fans " of fighters mate.......they cant see what " fans " of boxing can see.

I mean im a fan of West Ham and think we're the greatest club in the world !......see how it works ?

• Like 1
1 minute ago, gnasher16 said:

Its what makes people " fans " of fighters mate.......they cant see what " fans " of boxing can see.

I mean im a fan of West Ham and think we're the greatest club in the world !......see how it works ?

I know next to nothing about football, gnash.  I wouldn't even venture an opinion on it lol.

1 hour ago, gnasher16 said:

59 minutes ago, shaaark said:

I know next to nothing about football, gnash.  I wouldn't even venture an opinion on it lol.

It's the same as being Kennel blind...:thumbs:

• Like 4
39 minutes ago, fireman said:

It's the same as being Kennel blind...:thumbs:

? prove i’m kennel bling fireman is all i’ll say or shaark or dog man id feed me dog before hand in front a ya and he would still cream any thing  you three could bring ? ? 

• Haha 1