Boxing At The Weekend...

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The THL fight club

Joshua really is just a straight acting kid no frills and tassles he doesnt fall into all the silly stuff that is popular with fighters these days he has the mindset that if he is good enough he will

f****n embarrassing the whole event !....now we're all going to have to listen to these mma divs saying their fighters can hang with pro boxers well played Fury you big melt ! And we're supposed

Posted Images

16 hours ago, VOON said:

I cannot for the life of me understand what boxing/mma or sport in general is doing entertaining this fool.....a random idiot off the internet who has never fought a pro boxer being spoken of in the same conversation as professional fighters what is sport trying to do to itself !!

• Like 5
54 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

I cannot for the life of me understand what boxing/mma or sport in general is doing entertaining this fool.....a random idiot off the internet who has never fought a pro boxer being spoken of in the same conversation as professional fighters what is sport trying to do to itself !!

I know,unreal! In any situation in life anyone with a brain would not bring someone to the table who offers absolutely nothing,and thats what this clown brings to boxing/mma imo,nothing 

Personally i think any fighter or promoter entertaining the Paul bros are making total c***s of themselves

• Like 2
1 hour ago, sid g said:

making money

Yup,i dont begrude any man making a few quid,the Pauls had plenty of dough before "boxing" and bring a big crowd from their Youtube s**t but they will do nothing for a man in terms of rankings or belts and legacy in the sport 

Ultimately a promoter & a fighting man will make more money if the right fights happen at the right times that people actually want to see

37 minutes ago, Billy b said:

Yup,i dont begrude any man making a few quid,the Pauls had plenty of dough before "boxing" and bring a big crowd from their Youtube s**t but they will do nothing for a man in terms of rankings or belts and legacy in the sport 

Ultimately a promoter & a fighting man will make more money if the right fights happen at the right times that people actually want to see

The main thing for me is the fact that basic non competitors can now enter the competitive world of fight sports and if your face fits get taken seriously......and why boxing ? why not football or cricket......we know theres always been a bit of showbiz attached to boxing but this caper is just going too far....i wouldnt wish injury on any sportsman but if im sitting in Canelos shoes or the equivalent top notch mma guy im half hoping one of these lads gets hurt and put an end to this nonsense.

• Like 7
10 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

I’d say Tommy Fury is absolutely sickened, he got injured, if he got injured….actually think it would be good for boxing if Tommy fought him and flattened him…the views it would attract on social sites would be unreal…..it’s amazing the amount of young lads and ladies who aspire to be like them…..Social media had unreal power now…..

Did I hear rumours Floyd is making a comeback?

Edited by VOON
2 hours ago, sid g said:

they recon jake paul made 20m  from just 5 fights ,, so in money terms fair play to the man 

Yeah fairplay to him,like i said,i dont begrude a man getting his fair whack 

Just saying a fight with the Pauls is isnt going to make you or break you if youre a serious boxer & there is fortunes to be earned in legitimate fights that proper boxing folk want to see 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

The main thing for me is the fact that basic non competitors can now enter the competitive world of fight sports and if your face fits get taken seriously......and why boxing ? why not football or cricket......we know theres always been a bit of showbiz attached to boxing but this caper is just going too far....i wouldnt wish injury on any sportsman but if im sitting in Canelos shoes or the equivalent top notch mma guy im half hoping one of these lads gets hurt and put an end to this nonsense.

Might be way off the mark but I think his bouts so far have been fixed tbh 

To me especially in the Woodley 2 fight,Woodley just didnt fall right imo 

All this guy brings is a novelty act,to be truthful we all know there is young upstarts fighting in York Hall who would flatten Paul,like i say i could be way way off but I reckon hes paid all his opponents,he already has a fortune from social media and his talk has gained big interest from people who otherwise wouldlnt buy a boxing show,other than a bit of a payday,he offers nothing at all to a true competitor 

• Like 1

My issue is in sports that have governing bodies to stop shit like this,its still happening......what are governing bodies there for if not to protect the sport from exploitation !!

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 3