Boxing At The Weekend...

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The THL fight club

Joshua really is just a straight acting kid no frills and tassles he doesnt fall into all the silly stuff that is popular with fighters these days he has the mindset that if he is good enough he will

Just got back from my lads first fight.  Think I was more nervous than him!

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, Blackmag said:

Hearn says talks have begun for aj to step aside and allow fury usyk to fight 

Good move….hoping Fury beats Usyk…..huge money spinner then….Que AJ back to basics promotional video’s…..even if Usyk upsets the apple cart….rematch be huge and AJ gets time to adjust….

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, VOON said:

Good move….hoping Fury beats Usyk…..huge money spinner then….Que AJ back to basics promotional video’s…..even if Usyk upsets the apple cart….rematch be huge and AJ gets time to adjust….

Yeah but Hearn is talking about 40 million to do so a stupid figure by any  standards and what about poor dillion white I thought he was mandatory for fury what he going to say 

1 hour ago, Blackmag said:

Yeah but Hearn is talking about 40 million to do so a stupid figure by any  standards and what about poor dillion white I thought he was mandatory for fury what he going to say 

it brill , if it did really happen, but this might be all bullshit , but boxing all about money nothing else , make no difference  though, as Usyk   will beat Aj next year , then prob fight Fury about this time next year. i think i put my money on Fury to win the 4 belts . Maybe  Aj v white next year instead  be interesting nw, if Aj can still beat white now, with all his set backs .????  

Excellent win for Anthony Yarde last night i dont think theres a light heavy in the world who puts their punches together as well as he does......if he can up his ring iq and work rate i cant see how he wont win a world title at some point.

Some absolute madness in the arena there must have been at least 8 or 9 fights breaking out all over the gaff but no mention in the media i wonder why :whistling:....starting to become a bit too frequent at Frank Warren shows it spoiled an otherwise good night of boxing.

Tommy fury has pulled out of the jake Paul fight apparently injured,woodley steps in.

I think this was all set up to happen,joke Paul refused to sign up to the drug testing.

Ps joh osullivan was the first heavyweight champion of the world,in 1882,bare knuckle to iv read lol but then gloves too

1 hour ago, sid g said:

fury paul was never going to happen both had to much to lose they both need to line their pockets fighting bums for a bit longer ,, 

I was thinking it was a hype to,you never know these days,hopefully woodley knocks him this time sid lol

I Connor Benn won again with a knock out .there talking of him fighting the winner of Khan Brooke .can't see it really I think them 2 will retire after there match .broner as been mentioned as a future opponent with Benn going over there to fight him 

26 minutes ago, Blackmag said:

I Connor Benn won again with a knock out .there talking of him fighting the winner of Khan Brooke .can't see it really I think them 2 will retire after there match .broner as been mentioned as a future opponent with Benn going over there to fight him 

Pointless fight why would he even want to fight either of them? They are both past it. 

benns not up there on Crawford or spences level many dangerous fighters for him be good to see how he does. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, sid g said:
I never thought I was going to take up boxing seriously. When someone hit me in the stomach I felt like being sick. If I went to a tournament and someone said, 'We haven't got a fight for you, Cooper,' I used to say to myself, 'Lovely, now I can sit and watch the boxing.'
Then if you were sitting there enjoying yourself and a voice in your ear suddenly said, 'Cooper, we've found you an opponent,' your old heart would miss a beat and your stomach would sink into your boots. You didn't want to say, 'No, I don't want it' and make yourself look a Charlie, so you were all on edge and nervous again. But it would all disappear the moment the bell went and you really were in there fighting.'
- Sir Henry CooperMay be a black-and-white image of 1 person and beard

good old Henry, a honest down to earth bloke . he was never really a true heavyweight , think he fought at  most 13st 9lb , more light heavy/ crusier  weight , by today  weights , when he fought Ali , think Ali came in 15st , bigger/stronger , pity he had soft skin round his eyes  like above. ive been reading Fury  next 4 fights for 2022 , but not Oleksandr Usyk , why dont Fury fight Usyk  for the 4 belts , say xmas time next year , he really the only one to beat, Usyk will beat Aj next  year , Fury beat white , so they may as well get it sorted , and be the one champion , and i think it be Fury who holds the 4 belts  if/when  they fight . not a fury fan, carnt see him been beaten by whats about right now  in the heavyweight division ."

• Like 1