Boxing At The Weekend...

2 hours ago, Moocher71 said:

Wilder got harder punch than Mike Tyson lol ??? when he was at his peak he'd have put wilder ,Joshua and fury away no problem within couple rounds and they not been a fighter like him since .

I see it as tyson is a combination puncher 

Wilder throws single shots and cleans them out mate 

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The THL fight club

Just got back from my lads first fight.  Think I was more nervous than him!

f****n embarrassing the whole event !....now we're all going to have to listen to these mma divs saying their fighters can hang with pro boxers well played Fury you big melt ! And we're supposed

Posted Images

7 hours ago, mC HULL said:

I see it as tyson is a combination puncher 

Wilder throws single shots and cleans them out mate 

I believe Mike at his peak would ko wilder in couple of rounds if not the first

Yes he's small but a power house back then ,as for fury I like him ,he's from same breed as me so wish him all the luck in the world ,

• Like 3
10 hours ago, mC HULL said:

Larry Holmes was excellent mate not a journey man ?

I didn't say he was a 'journeyman', I said he was a top sparring partner for some 'great' heavyweights.  World champion from 1978 - 1985.  So how good do you think they were back then?

You're getting as ridiculous as max, concerning fury.  Fury wouldn't have got a shot at any of the top 10 heavyweights from that era, and would've been laughed at due to his herky jerky, clumsy 'style' while training!! 

In the words of rambo, yet again, 'let it go'  ? ?

• Haha 1
12 hours ago, mC HULL said:

Wilder one punch power far exceeds Mike tyson mate 

Its like comparing who hits one of them punch machine things at the fairground hardest its boxing mate not a strongman contest Wilder is a terrible boxer theres no getting away from that.....he literally has one punch that he struggles to land....because he is a terrible boxer.

Ive always said if Fury was 5ft 10 he would struggle to win a British title.

If Wilder was 5 ft 10 he wouldnt even be a boxer.

Thats just where heavyweight boxing is at the moment.

• Like 5
2 hours ago, shaaark said:

I didn't say he was a 'journeyman', I said he was a top sparring partner for some 'great' heavyweights.  World champion from 1978 - 1985.  So how good do you think they were back then?

You're getting as ridiculous as max, concerning fury.  Fury wouldn't have got a shot at any of the top 10 heavyweights from that era, and would've been laughed at due to his herky jerky, clumsy 'style' while training!! 

In the words of rambo, yet again, 'let it go'  ? ?

I actually think Fury has done really well and improved a great deal but most of that has come from simply using his size more than he ever used to.....when he was standing trading with average fighters he was getting knocked about but now he rightly comes into fights to use his huge physical advantages.

Comparing him to past greats is just silly as a 6 ft 9 inch 20 stone man back then would of been in the circus and unless they sort out some kind of size limit/divisions we will continue to see a rise in size and a drop in talent/ability....no purist of boxing could ever enjoy watching Fury v Wilder as they are technically so poor but that doesnt mean they cant be in exciting fights as vulnerability can be fun to watch....for me its regression of the sport but like football i suppose they are selling to the most eyes possible in todays times and purists of anything are few and far between.

• Like 7
4 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

I actually think Fury has done really well and improved a great deal but most of that has come from simply using his size more than he ever used to.....when he was standing trading with average fighters he was getting knocked about but now he rightly comes into fights to use his huge physical advantages.

Comparing him to past greats is just silly as a 6 ft 9 inch 20 stone man back then would of been in the circus and unless they sort out some kind of size limit/divisions we will continue to see a rise in size and a drop in talent/ability....no purist of boxing could ever enjoy watching Fury v Wilder as they are technically so poor but that doesnt mean they cant be in exciting fights as vulnerability can be fun to watch....for me its regression of the sport but like football i suppose they are selling to the most eyes possible in todays times and purists of anything are few and far between.

Every word of that ?

• Like 2
1 hour ago, gnasher16 said:

Yes gnash, I could've put it better, I suppose, but you get what I was getting at.  How anyone can actually believe that fury is a technically skillful boxer totally baffles me!!  And bleating on about how he's just beaten another technically poor as f**k fighter, in wilder, as though it was a superb performance by fury!  As I said before, I really can't see what the f**k they are watching/looking at when they watch fury fight?!

Edited by shaaark
  • Like 3

I've never really seen the heavyweights as the greatest fighters , there's a bit of an illusion that the heavyweight champion title is  somewhat tangible to the man on the street  ? especially when the likes of ruiz take on beat down an adonis like AJ,  any old slugger could be champion ,I could have been a contender ?

• Haha 1
13 minutes ago, kanny said:

I've never really seen the heavyweights as the greatest fighters , there's a bit of an illusion that the heavyweight champion title is  somewhat tangible to the man on the street  ? especially when the likes of ruiz take on beat down an adonis like AJ,  any old slugger could be champion ,I could have been a contender ?

I agree I'd rather watch the calzages and Benn , eubank etc..

• Like 4

This video has a feel of PR  damage control to me , no doubt  AJ'S  stock value has took a hit recently and I'm not sure This video is going to help , ultimately people will see what they want to see...

• Like 1