Boxing At The Weekend...

2 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

or an also joshua has 2 losses in 24 fights great resume shaark ? 

Kin el, Magoo.  Being an unbeaten fighter that's fought poor opponents, doesn't make someone a great fighter!  Lol

Back to the mudhounds.

As you were, Magoo.  ? ?

• Like 1

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The THL fight club

Just got back from my lads first fight.  Think I was more nervous than him!

Joshua really is just a straight acting kid no frills and tassles he doesnt fall into all the silly stuff that is popular with fighters these days he has the mindset that if he is good enough he will

Posted Images

4 hours ago, mC HULL said:

ali got flattened his trainer had to cheat and the man wasnt even 14 stone who hit him 

im just asking was his chin and heart shit 

Yes but Ali was only 14 stone 11 himself !

Slightly different to a 40 lb difference.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Yes but Ali was only 14 stone 11 himself !

Slightly different to a 40 lb difference.

a man weighing 14 stone with a descent shot will be able to sit any man on is arse though gnash 

you really think ali would beat fury mate i don’t 

1 hour ago, NEWKID said:

Watched the fight a couple of times now, as exciting as it was as a spectacle it pretty much proved how bad Wilder is, did it really tell us anything we didn't know about Fury?

He got off the floor and beat a shit boxer, he used his size and sapped Wilders strength, 11 rounds of wrestling with a 20st bloke is f***ing hard going!! lol

Fury can beat anyone in the division, and probably would... I still think it's a better fight for AJ than the Usyk fight, fury can be hurt and AJ can finish.

Think he's just too big for Usyk and will use his size properly (f**k knows why AJ spent 12 rounds having his head boxed off and never once tried to drag him into a brawl, naive? no plan b?, just completely wrong tactics).

Fury can adapt, Wilder can only fight 1 way.. tee up the big right.. I mean they were making out he was Ali cause he was throwing a jab to the body and trying to throw that looping right over the top, he spent 2 rounds doing exactly that... won one rouund after (the 4th) and was beat up the rest of the time... 

Yes he hits hard, but would he really have had any chance against any of the past heavies if any substance, and he has no chance against Fury in any fight they ever have...

A pal of mine made a good analogy re Wilder....he said its like a 2 year old child stumbling round the ring with a gun in his right hand........he,s going to f**k it right up most of the time but the one time he gets it right you are gone.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
12 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

aj can finish old men and journey men mate 

couldn’t finish parker ruiz in 2 fights usyk 

he only has 22 kos 

fury has the same 

wilder has double that and has knocked out everyone he’s faced bar fury 

10 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

or an also joshua has 2 losses in 24 fights great resume shaark ? 

I'm not really bothered about picking a side mate, I was pleased Fury won he's British fought a yank in Las Vegas and beat him up... great in my book.

Ruiz was a terrible fight for Joshua, but there is little shame in losing to Usyk, it was a great performance from Usyk and he is rightly ranked as a potential all time great.... so 2 losses yes but that doesn't mean he can't beat either Fury or Wilder...

What's most intriguing is if you take Usyk out of the mix (who has no flaws other than size) the others are all very beatable, and make interesting match ups even if it's not the qulaity of years gone by.

Wilder is the worst by a long way IMO regardless of his record, and is completely 1 dimensional... that's why I was surprised that Fury was caught fairly regulary with that 1 shot he throws and put down twice wobbled a few times... a good finisher (not 1 punch merchant) would have finished the fight... Fury recovers well from knockdowns and credit to him, but Wilder doesn't throw combinations or seem to know how to finish as he has just bombed a load of complete bums out of it for 40 fights.

Fury is probably the most complete, and his sheer size plays a huge part, for a long time I questioned why he didn't throw punches with any conviction, it was all very "slappy", even the Chisora fight was a culmination of lots of punches, he wore him down and your right no one else has... in the last 2 Wilder fights he has thrown much heavier and it's made the difference IMO... I was though AJ would be happy to take a shot to land, but I'm not so sure now as AJ looks rattled more often when he's hit.

It's certainly not a golden era but interesting none the less.... 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

A pal of mine made a good analogy re Wilder....he said its like a 2 year old child stumbling round the ring with a gun in his right hand........he,s going to f**k it right up most of the time but the one time he gets it right you are gone.

Yeah that's about the perfect analogy mate... the thing is everyone in the world knows he is looking for 1 shot and 1 shot only, even how he sets it up is so obvious... yet Fury was caught many times by it.. which just makes you question this "perfect boxer" "hit and not be hit" mantra that was what Fury and his fans would have everyone believe.

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

a man weighing 14 stone with a descent shot will be able to sit any man on is arse though gnash 

you really think ali would beat fury mate i don’t 

The mere fact that you probably asked that with a straight face tells me you are a Fury fan ?

For me....its something i just find too sickly and embarrassing to envisage.

• Like 3
Just now, gnasher16 said:

The mere fact that you probably asked that with a straight face tells me you are a Fury fan ?

For me....its something i just find too sickly and embarrassing to envisage.

i’m an ali fan mate but as you’ve said yourself fury is huge compared to ali 

ali didn’t have great power and fury wouldn’t blow his self out like foreman did 

he’d most likely get rag dolled about 

14 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

his resume shows he’s lost to 2 fighters mate in 24 fights ? and won belts against weak opposition ?

Yes....one is his record,the other is his resume.

And by the way how is it the top 10 opponents Joshua beat are irrelevant yest the 40 postmen and window cleaners Wilder knocked over are relevant ?........you're a funny one you are,i always try to avoid debates with fans of " a fighter " as opposed to " fight fans ".....so im off down the Hammers !!

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Yes....one is his record,the other is his resume.

And by the way how is it the top 10 opponents Joshua beat are irrelevant yest the 40 postmen and window cleaners Wilder knocked over are relevant ?........you're a funny one you are,i always try to avoid debates with fans of " a fighter " as opposed to " fight fans ".....so im off down the Hammers !!

Its still 40 kos mate thats not easy regardless of opposition is what I'm saying