Boxing At The Weekend...

On 12/10/2021 at 13:37, shaaark said:

And just to add fuel to the fire, is it possible that ref could count any slower when wilder knocked fury down in the 4th round?!  Lol

It’s a ten count not ten seconds mate and wilder wasn’t in neutral corner nothing wrong with the count 

• Haha 2

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The THL fight club

Joshua really is just a straight acting kid no frills and tassles he doesnt fall into all the silly stuff that is popular with fighters these days he has the mindset that if he is good enough he will

f****n embarrassing the whole event !....now we're all going to have to listen to these mma divs saying their fighters can hang with pro boxers well played Fury you big melt ! And we're supposed

Posted Images

On 12/10/2021 at 20:46, Billy b said:

Im not too keen on any of the smiths to be honest,callum is by far the best out of the brothers,followed by liam

Yeah fowler was beaten convincingly wasnt he,smith wants vargas next 

Youre not wrong about ted,all those fights are bloody entertaining and keep people interested but he needs to think beyond the ropes a bit,too many like that as you say take from a man things that you cant put back 

I thought it was a good fight,bit messy at times from both fighters,but plenty there to watch,i think it was a better watch than many thought it would be due to the fact there wasnt much promotion of it,and the end result was actually an up and down encounter that whatever way you cut it tyson fury got the job done again 

Talk of fury-whyte next 

Thanks for reply Bill yes Teds got to think long term he,s too young to be having the kind of wars he,s having at this stage of his career he has a nice little construction firm thats doing ok hopefully that might come into the equation but he,s a game kid and thats not going to matter when he,s taking shots.

I didnt think it was a great performance from Fury i thought Wilder did what Wilder does and just searched for the straight right hand all night and Fury seemed to struggle with his reading of the fight to me...normally he is good at gauging the tempo of a fight,when to turn it on and when to back off but with an opponent that was ridiculously predictable he certainly didnt deal with Wilder as well as he did their last fight.....id like to see Joshua step aside and Usyk fight Fury personally.

Edited by gnasher16
On 12/10/2021 at 13:12, Greb147 said:

You don't seem to understand what resume is mate. 

A fighters record and resume are not the same. 

Say fighter A fights the best of the best and loses every title fight he's in yet fighter B beats nobody but journeymen, fighter A has the better resume despite fighter B having the better record. 

AJ has a better resume than Wilder or Fury and has faced more ranked fighters. 

He has never ducked an opponent and has always pushed to fight the best. 

A debate between a fan of boxing and a fan of a boxer is always hard work and go's nowhere ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
11 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Thanks for reply Bill yes Teds got to think long term he,s too young to be having the kind of wars he,s having at this stage of his career he has a nice little construction firm thats doing ok hopefully that might come into the equation but he,s a game kid and thats not going to matter when he,s taking shots.

I didnt think it was a great performance from Fury i thought Wilder did what Wilder does and just searched for the straight right hand all night and Fury seemed to struggle with his reading of the fight to me...normally he is good at gauging the tempo of a fight,when to turn it on and when to back off but with an opponent that was ridiculously predictable he certainly didnt deal with Wilder as well as he did their last fight.....id like to see Joshua step aside and Usyk fight Fury personally.

Did you not enjoy-the slugfest though? Sometimes a fight is as good as a boxing match to watch

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

A debate between a fan of boxing and a fan of a boxer is always hard work and go's nowhere ?

anyone who thinks joshua has a better resume than fury is deluded beyond help 

look how he won the belts ?

pulev povetkin dont come close to fury going to america and beating wilder 

martin lol klitschko out 2 years 41 and parker come on lol

Edited by mC HULL
1 hour ago, gnasher16 said:

No worries mate,he is very game indeed and has an attitude that wont see him hang them up anytime soon imo,which is why i really like him, but with a construction firm thats doing alright he certainly should have a think about his approach to the sport, as you say hes very young and has been in battle after battle,some fighters can go years without having fights like hes had back to back! 

Yeah it was a bit all lost at sea at times wasnt it but i definitely think joshua step aside and let usyk fight fury 

Thats a very intriguing matchup,and one that i think fury ones,but i rate usyk very very highly

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Lenmcharristar said:

Did you not enjoy-the slugfest though? Sometimes a fight is as good as a boxing match to watch

I don't think this time it was meant to be pretty,  it was just a wrecking  ball to finish the job. 

5 hours ago, mC HULL said:

It’s a ten count not ten seconds mate and wilder wasn’t in neutral corner nothing wrong with the count 

As I said, Magoo, I was just adding fuel to the fire of Greb147 vs Magoo!  Lol.

Take notice of things and open your mind, istead of hopping on the fury bandwagon, Magoo.

Take no notice of the bullshit being spouted, about that fight being the best heavyweight bout for years, etc etc etc, it really wasn't.  Facts are, in any other era, fury wouldn't even be ranked in the top 10, and wilder wouldn't be able to even scrape into the top 25

Ps, Greb147 had you beaten before the 1st bell rang!  ? ?

Edited by shaaark
  • Haha 1
Just now, Greb147 said:

If I were AJ I would agree to a step aside payment providing he gets to fight the winner. 

100%.....something has gone very wrong in the building up of AJ they really need to go back to the drawing board with him , the rematch  is set for March, 5 months isn't very long. 

Personally I think he's like a spoilt dog now and we have seen the best of him. But I'd be happy to be wrong. 

• Like 2
Just now, kanny said:

100%.....something has gone very wrong in the building up of AJ they really need to go back to the drawing board with him , the rematch  is set for March, 5 months isn't very long. 

Personally I think he's like a spoilt dog now and we have seen the best of him. But I'd be happy to be wrong. 

I think it makes more sense than jumping straight back in to a rematch, if I were AJ I would dump McCracken, take the step aside and have a tune up fight before jumping in with the winner. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Greb147 said:

I think it makes more sense than jumping straight back in to a rematch, if I were AJ I would dump McCracken, take the step aside and have a tune up fight before jumping in with the winner. 

He needs to get rid of the back patters and get in a Kronk  gym  , that Olympic nurturing is  neutering him ?

1 minute ago, kanny said:

He needs to get rid of the back patters and get in a Kronk  gym  , that Olympic nurturing is  neutering him ?

He's stuffed mate because the King of Gypsies is now the King of the Kronk, Sugar Hill was Manny Steward's understudy. 

Just now, kanny said:

Fury has offered to train him ?

And then the day after calls him a big gay dosser. ?

I think Teddy Atlas would do a better job than McCracken, i just don't like his style and motivational skills in a fight. 

It's all good and well acting like Yoda all calm and collected but when your fighter is behind sometimes they need a kick up the arse. 

• Like 1