Boxing At The Weekend...

21 hours ago, Billy b said:

Yeah thought as much regarding Eubank snr,he does make me laugh though at times as much as he would be a massive headache,i might have a crack at his book another time.. 

Yeah eubank jnr is a grafter and clearly lives the life so be a shame to see that fizzle into nothing 

Okolie,seems to have all the tools,again very disciplined,very rangey and awkward,some of his opposition has been terrible but thats just boxing at times isnt it

So far ive quite liked what i have seen from him although i remember last year on ch5 he bashed up a massively overmatched opponent and then a few weeks later again on ch5 he seemed to have a bit of awkward time of it with another not so stellar opponent,but did eventually do the job in style 

I think he looks good but i reckon is being gifted a bit,i would love to see him in a properly competitive fight 

He's a strange one Okolie he certainly has power and range but looked so awkward in his early fights i just couldnt see a top fighter in there and thought both Chamberlain and Wadi Camacho would both beat him but he seems to get the job done the Mcguigan lad is obviously doing good things with him......every time he fights i just keep waiting/expecting everything to come crashing down you know those type of fighters that just dont fill you with confidence ?

• Like 1

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The THL fight club

Joshua really is just a straight acting kid no frills and tassles he doesnt fall into all the silly stuff that is popular with fighters these days he has the mindset that if he is good enough he will

f****n embarrassing the whole event !....now we're all going to have to listen to these mma divs saying their fighters can hang with pro boxers well played Fury you big melt ! And we're supposed

Posted Images

1 hour ago, gnasher16 said:

Marku.....they have started talking him up already and he hasnt shown any real talent yet.

I think he put on a good performance last weekend, he's pushing for a bout with Connor Benn, Benn was having none of it though. 

I reckon it would be a good test for Benn. 

Edited by Greb147
9 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

I think he put on a good performance last weekend, he's pushing for a bout with Connor Benn, Benn was having none of it though. 

I reckon it would be a good test for Benn. 

Of course he would want to fight Benn he's a 29/30 year old 8 fight novice and Benn is set for big things.....Benn has far too much for him at this stage.......again,i havent seen any real talent in Marku to suggest he is a top level fighter.....but yes he can sell tickets

On 06/10/2021 at 15:43, Lenmcharristar said:

So fury or wilder in this one at the weekend, wheres yer money going lads??

Fury, think he knock out wilder round 7,   have they had they weigh in yet? How heavy fury going in at, and as wilder gone in heavier, he said  he was to light in there last fight? 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, bird said:

Fury, think he knock out wilder round 7,   have they had they weigh in yet? How heavy fury going in at, and as wilder gone in heavier, he said  he was to light in there last fight? 

Fury's team say he's coming in 20lb heavier than last time out. 

On 07/10/2021 at 19:55, bird said:

Is that correct, bird?  Seems odd that, wilder was barely 15 stone in the first fight, and went the distance.  Came in over 16 stone in the second fight, and had the bejesus knocked out of him!  Lol.

Whatever they both weigh, I can't see anything but a fury win, even if wilder does manage to catch him with a couple of right hands.

Edited by shaaark
26 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Is that correct, bird?  Seems odd that, wilder was barely 15 stone in the first fight, and went the distance.  Came in over 16 stone in the second fight, and had the bejesus knocked out of him!  Lol.

Whatever they both way, I can't see anything but a fury win, even if wilder does manage to catch him with a couple of right hands.

You finally turned into a fury fan shaark ?

• Haha 1
On 06/10/2021 at 11:40, gnasher16 said:

He's a strange one Okolie he certainly has power and range but looked so awkward in his early fights i just couldnt see a top fighter in there and thought both Chamberlain and Wadi Camacho would both beat him but he seems to get the job done the Mcguigan lad is obviously doing good things with him......every time he fights i just keep waiting/expecting everything to come crashing down you know those type of fighters that just dont fill you with confidence ?

McGuigan coming into his own as a trainer isnt he,Okolie is likely one of them awkward and ungainly fighters people just cant work the way they want to against 

I know what you mean 

• Like 1