Boxing At The Weekend...

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The THL fight club

Joshua really is just a straight acting kid no frills and tassles he doesnt fall into all the silly stuff that is popular with fighters these days he has the mindset that if he is good enough he will

f****n embarrassing the whole event !....now we're all going to have to listen to these mma divs saying their fighters can hang with pro boxers well played Fury you big melt ! And we're supposed

Posted Images

On 02/10/2021 at 11:33, Billy b said:

Oh yeah eubank-muratov tonight isnt it

Looking forward to seeing riakporhe box aswell 

Jnr is one of those fighters that what he lacks in technical ability he more than makes up for with sheer workrate & tenacity,the volume of his work is incredible

He is an exciting watch at times,i agree he has been badly handled but i dont think he will ever do much meaningful at the top level simply because he is always found lacking when he faces someone with great boxing but he will give it a f*****g good go getting to where he wants,very fit strong and exciting just doesnt have the skill at times when it matters most imo but he is a tough nights work hes coming at you all night long 

What a nonsense that was didnt know till we was about to walk out the door the Eubank fight was off....unless a check weight was missed then how does a fight get called off on medical grounds between weigh in and fight time....did he slip on a bar of soap ffs !!

Im not convinced by Riakphore i dont think all this " street " shit is any sort of background for the pro ring i can see him coming undone under the right pressure....re Eubanks i slightly disagree with you Billy i think the fights he lost were close decision losses that probably could have gone either way he,s never been outclassed or out fought as such,i just think he,s been really badly handled and despite the faults you correctly mentioned could and probably should have won a version of a world title by now.

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

What a nonsense that was didnt know till we was about to walk out the door the Eubank fight was off....unless a check weight was missed then how does a fight get called off on medical grounds between weigh in and fight time....did he slip on a bar of soap ffs !!

Im not convinced by Riakphore i dont think all this " street " shit is any sort of background for the pro ring i can see him coming undone under the right pressure....re Eubanks i slightly disagree with you Billy i think the fights he lost were close decision losses that probably could have gone either way he,s never been outclassed or out fought as such,i just think he,s been really badly handled and despite the faults you correctly mentioned could and probably should have won a version of a world title by now.

Hello mate,yeah what a load of rubbish that was,and wouldlnt disagree with you about riakporhe i think from remembering him fight and liking a few bits and pieces i saw from him and then him being inactice for ages because of the pandemic and all the rest of it was intrigued to see how he looked, agree there is fighters out there who could deal with him

He definitely has been badly handled and do you reckon its some people might not want to deal with the old man hanging about too much,and its put certain groups off dealing with them? His work ehtic is phenomenal though and he definitely has a lot more to offer,think wasserman are involved with sky,or is it the sauerlands now im not too sure,so hopefully that may bring about some exciting fights for jnr & the rest of the boys 

I watched Florian Marku's fight today on my snap break at work, very impressive performance, beautiful use of the jab. 

He's been calling out young Conor Benn, from a business perspective he wants to stay well away from that lad, he's said as much as well. 

19 hours ago, Billy b said:

Hello mate,yeah what a load of rubbish that was,and wouldlnt disagree with you about riakporhe i think from remembering him fight and liking a few bits and pieces i saw from him and then him being inactice for ages because of the pandemic and all the rest of it was intrigued to see how he looked, agree there is fighters out there who could deal with him

He definitely has been badly handled and do you reckon its some people might not want to deal with the old man hanging about too much,and its put certain groups off dealing with them? His work ehtic is phenomenal though and he definitely has a lot more to offer,think wasserman are involved with sky,or is it the sauerlands now im not too sure,so hopefully that may bring about some exciting fights for jnr & the rest of the boys 

I think thats exactly what it is mate old man Eubank is supposedly a nightmare to deal with and in my opinion should never have been anywhere near that lads career....but alas,keeping his toe in the door is priority even at the expense of the son,the arrogance of the man is unreal......from a sporting perspective i genuinely hope the lad gets a decent run together for whats left of his career........whats your opinions of Okolie mate ?.....bit of a strange one to work out aint he ?.....9 or 10 fights in i didnt dream he'd pick a belt up but fair do's i dont know how he's where he is but he's getting it done.

19 hours ago, Greb147 said:

I watched Florian Marku's fight today on my snap break at work, very impressive performance, beautiful use of the jab. 

He's been calling out young Conor Benn, from a business perspective he wants to stay well away from that lad, he's said as much as well. 

Massively overrated if you ask me....but a big ticket seller so will probably go further than he should.

40 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

I think thats exactly what it is mate old man Eubank is supposedly a nightmare to deal with and in my opinion should never have been anywhere near that lads career....but alas,keeping his toe in the door is priority even at the expense of the son,the arrogance of the man is unreal......from a sporting perspective i genuinely hope the lad gets a decent run together for whats left of his career........whats your opinions of Okolie mate ?.....bit of a strange one to work out aint he ?.....9 or 10 fights in i didnt dream he'd pick a belt up but fair do's i dont know how he's where he is but he's getting it done.

Yeah thought as much regarding Eubank snr,he does make me laugh though at times as much as he would be a massive headache,i might have a crack at his book another time.. 

Yeah eubank jnr is a grafter and clearly lives the life so be a shame to see that fizzle into nothing 

Okolie,seems to have all the tools,again very disciplined,very rangey and awkward,some of his opposition has been terrible but thats just boxing at times isnt it

So far ive quite liked what i have seen from him although i remember last year on ch5 he bashed up a massively overmatched opponent and then a few weeks later again on ch5 he seemed to have a bit of awkward time of it with another not so stellar opponent,but did eventually do the job in style 

I think he looks good but i reckon is being gifted a bit,i would love to see him in a properly competitive fight