Boxing At The Weekend...

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The THL fight club

Joshua really is just a straight acting kid no frills and tassles he doesnt fall into all the silly stuff that is popular with fighters these days he has the mindset that if he is good enough he will

f****n embarrassing the whole event !....now we're all going to have to listen to these mma divs saying their fighters can hang with pro boxers well played Fury you big melt ! And we're supposed

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Billy b said:

Course wilder can't box,never said he could,terrible foot placement,leans forward,off balance,but he can whack and that's something to watch out on anyone - sometimes taking the fight straight away to a puncher is not a good idea in boxing,some have done that and got KOed

I don't rate wilder but I mentioned opposition earlier on this thread,you can only fight who is in front of you at the time,you can't magic up a division of world level opposition to compete against if it isn't there,and we all know boxing,it would be unrealistic to expect every boxers fight to be against a world class opponent anyway.. 

Are you one of them who will always find a way to run a victory down? Oh but he's this,he's that,never done this never done that,if Tyson beats AJ will you find all sorts to say about what was wrong with AJ rather than giving a man his due?

I make you right mate in your comments about wilder but like I said,the divisions aren't as cut throat as they used to be,you can't wave a wand and watch elite opposition appear from thin air,and to some extent in HW boxing you can get by on a punch and raw grit,look at big joe Joyce,nothing pretty about him at all,just a big tough lad who grinds a man down with pressure,he's got many levels to go yet but he's doing his job on skills that I'd say aren't world class,just a big chap with good physical attributes 

May the best man win

I can only agree with some of your points here mate ?.  But no, I won't be making excuses for joshua if fury beats him.  Similarly, I won't be 'crowing from the trees' about joshua being 'the best ever' if he beats fury.  

• Like 2
21 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Mate, I don't want to argue over that fight, or the 'hopefully' upcoming joshua v fury fight, but wilder CAN'T BOX, not very well going forward, and EVEN WORSE on the back foot!  Would've been the same result if any half decent boxer had taken the fight to wilder.  And there's the rub, and why wilder has such a high k o ratio, he's never fought ANYONE that's even very good, never mind world level, ever.

Wilder not a natural boxer, a fighter is what he is, faced louis ortiz twice, was losing both times until he knocked him out, he deserves credit for what he does and how he does it, like ive said before,wilder deals with 2nd rate boxes better than all the others.

2 minutes ago, shaaark said:

I can only agree with some of your points here mate ?.  But no, I won't be making excuses for joshua if fury beats him.  Similarly, I won't be 'crowing from the trees' about joshua being 'the best ever' if he beats 

We can't always agree on everything mate that would be unrealistic??

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, SONOFSOIL said:

Wilder not a natural boxer, a fighter is what he is, faced louis ortiz twice, was losing both times until he knocked him out, he deserves credit for what he does and how he does it, like ive said before,wilder deals with 2nd rate boxes better than all the others.

Mate, seriously, wilder IS CRAP.

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, shaaark said:

was losing both times until he knocked him out

That in itself should tell you how bad wilder is.  Ortiz, 165 years old, and has won, on the world scene, NOTHING, on the olympic scene, NOTHING.  And in their last fight ortiz was winning EVERY ROUND!! 

Come on mate, as max would say, 'don't be a sheep'.  Wilder IS CRAP.

8 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Mate, seriously, wilder IS CRAP.

I'll tell you what crap looks like, aj making his american debut, he was supposed to fight jarrel miller, he miller tested positive for peds, a replacement was found, andy ruiz, the guy looked like trained in the chippy and yet knocked the hell out of aj in little time, pure embarrassment in front of the americans, bet they cant wait for him to come back? wilder aint got the skills of mayweather but never suffered such a humiliating defeat like aj has, and you groupies have got to live with that.?

1 minute ago, SONOFSOIL said:

I'll tell you what crap looks like, aj making his american debut, he was supposed to fight jarrel miller, he miller tested positive for peds, a replacement was found, andy ruiz, the guy looked like trained in the chippy and yet knocked the hell out of aj in little time, pure embarrassment in front of the americans, bet they cant wait for him to come back? wilder aint got the skills of mayweather but never suffered such a humiliating defeat like aj has, and you groupies have got to live with that.?

You're sounding desperate now mate.  Chill out. ?

I personally quite liked ortiz,?‍♂️,,came with an am record of 343-19,was a good counterpuncher,a lot of them Cubans are very skilled men too be fair,silver and gold medals in Cuban and world championships,

Would make any man right that ortiz pro record doesn't shine with great names,but his record doesn't reflect his skill imo,he had interest from matchroom in his career,haymon,and I think for a long time ortiz was seen as high risk low reward for a lot of people,he didn't debut either til he was 30

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, SONOFSOIL said:

Only speak truth pwincess, you aj fans want to pull fighters like wilder and fury down, but not so keen to hear facts.

I really aint a joshua fan! Lol ?

Wilder really is crap, and fury's most notable win is over wilder, 2nd fight!  But it should be over klitschko, when klitschko didn't really throw any punches, in a boring, lacklustre fight, well, semi fight.

No point trying to goad me mate, I will tell you every fight EXACTLY as they are.

17 minutes ago, shaaark said:

I really aint a joshua fan! Lol ?

Wilder really is crap, and fury's most notable win is over wilder, 2nd fight!  But it should be over klitschko, when klitschko didn't really throw any punches, in a boring, lacklustre fight, well, semi fight.

No point trying to goad me mate, I will tell you every fight EXACTLY as they are.

Klit v fury was like aj v ruiz 2, not much doing, aj gets credit though and fury gets ridicule, way it goes. I'll make my own mind up about fights thanks ?

1 hour ago, SONOFSOIL said:

Klit v fury was like aj v ruiz 2, not much doing, aj gets credit though and fury gets ridicule, way it goes. I'll make my own mind up about fights thanks ?

?