Boxing At The Weekend...

Just watched this......interesting to see how fury acts at a few points in it, mainly when mike tyson says he was having 15 fights a year to his 3 lol 

i like fury but when you sum up what these two men have actually done in the ring you do start to realise they are not miles but planets apart. Mike tyson just has that aura about him, listening to them talk here is like watching the wide eyed apprentice listen to the wise old time served pro......and remember fury is an ex heavyweight champion and 30 yrs old. 

All this lineal nonsense doesn’t wash, fair play to him for milking what he can out the yanks but he won’t fool many this side of the pond for much longer.

I think Joshua will come straight out and destroy Ruiz in Saudi.....if he does get the belts back and wilder beats ortiz to keep his then fury has to fight one of them next or his credibility has gone. 

Never really been Joshua’s biggest fan......I just don’t think he is what he thinks he is but at least he is fighting the best around at the moment.....hughie fury is fighting better opponents than tyson lol

fury has only had 8 more fights than the swede he fights this weekend, let’s hope his poor quality rope a dopes get him through the big fight :whistling:

They all need to hurry up anyway before usyk comes and takes the lot :yes:

Edited by Stoney100
  • Like 2

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The THL fight club

Just got back from my lads first fight.  Think I was more nervous than him!

f****n embarrassing the whole event !....now we're all going to have to listen to these mma divs saying their fighters can hang with pro boxers well played Fury you big melt ! And we're supposed

Posted Images

15 hours ago, Jobi said:

So what will happen then if a fighter thinks he's going to miss weight, he will pull out at the last minute and the show will be ruined. The fans won't have it and it would be a massive cluster f**k for the sport at the end of the day. 

I'm all for same day weigh-in's, it's by far the best compromise let's be realistic. 

What difference does it make if a fighter misses the weight by an hour or a day....you are talking like making weight is optional !

If he misses the weight he loses his entire fight purse and becomes a liability to promoters,managers,coaches....everyone.

Look if you want natural weight fighters you have to take away the reason to manipulate the scales.... theres no getting away from that.

Edited by gnasher16
59 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

What difference does it make if a fighter misses the weight by an hour or a day....you are talking like making weight is optional !

If he misses the weight he loses his entire fight purse and becomes a liability to promoters,managers,coaches....everyone.

Look if you want natural weight fighters you have to take away the reason to manipulate the scales.... theres no getting away from that.

It's all good and well in theory but you're trying to tell me fighters wouldn't dream of cutting weight at the last minute to try and make the cut? When titles and money are on the line fighters will make the mistake of killing themselves to make weight. 

On 12/09/2019 at 09:48, Jobi said:

It's all good and well in theory but you're trying to tell me fighters wouldn't dream of cutting weight at the last minute to try and make the cut? When titles and money are on the line fighters will make the mistake of killing themselves to make weight. 

If you knew what depleting your body to make weight felt like mate you wouldnt dream of walking to the paper shop in that condition let alone having a 12 round fight.....no fighter would try to fight in a dehydrated state,and no trainer would let him.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

If you knew what depleting your body to make weight felt like mate you wouldnt dream of walking to the paper shop in that condition let alone having a 12 round fight.....no fighter would try to fight in a dehydrated state,and no trainer would let him.

We both don't know how it feels tbh. And of course if a fighter is almost dehydrated to death then he won't fight but they would take silly risks if they think the bout will get called off. 

That still does not address the mess it would cause calling the fight off at the last second, I'm sure the paying fans would love that. 

14 minutes ago, Rusty_terrier said:

Is there much difference if they miss weight 24 hours or 4 hours before a fight ? It either gets called off or catch weight agreed.

Yes because they have a time deadline where they can try and make weight again. If a fighter fails to make weight straight before a fight that's that. 

51 minutes ago, Rusty_terrier said:

Yep that's the whole point of the conversation is it not. Fighters will know what weight they need to be right before the fight and know what they can realistically show up on fight day weighing and still have the energy to fight.  Would make folk fight at their natural weights.

Fighters know what weight they have to be in nowadays but that doesn't stop them missing it. 

Look I'm all for it but you have to be realistic and weighing in straight before the bout is just not realistic. 

2 hours ago, Jobi said:

We both don't know how it feels tbh. And of course if a fighter is almost dehydrated to death then he won't fight but they would take silly risks if they think the bout will get called off. 

That still does not address the mess it would cause calling the fight off at the last second, I'm sure the paying fans would love that. 

I know how it feels and that was before fighters could draw the body down like they can today.....its just silly to think any fighter could or would fight in that condition.

The mess would be the same as any fight where a fighter misses weight.....think your clutching at straws with that one mate.

1 hour ago, Rusty_terrier said:

Yep that's the whole point of the conversation is it not. Fighters will know what weight they need to be right before the fight and know what they can realistically show up on fight day weighing and still have the energy to fight.  Would make folk fight at their natural weights.

Exactly.....theres no way around it if you want to stop fighters from winning fights on the scales.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

I know how it feels and that was before fighters could draw the body down like they can today.....its just silly to think any fighter could or would fight in that condition.

The mess would be the same as any fight where a fighter misses weight.....think your clutching at straws with that one mate.

When have you done it, thought you was a HW? No HW I know has had to make weight. 

I'm not clutching at anything, I agree with the principle but I just think it would cause a massive headache and infuriate the fans.