Boxing At The Weekend...

11 minutes ago, maxhardcore said:

Very Juvenile BM' but that's come to be expected.

I wonder in this eveloution or de eveloution of Heavyweight boxing skills if punters have become far more gullable .

Judging by yourself max that would be a definite YES.  TF the best since Ali just goes to show how gullible some have become. 

• Like 2

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The THL fight club

Joshua really is just a straight acting kid no frills and tassles he doesnt fall into all the silly stuff that is popular with fighters these days he has the mindset that if he is good enough he will

f****n embarrassing the whole event !....now we're all going to have to listen to these mma divs saying their fighters can hang with pro boxers well played Fury you big melt ! And we're supposed

Posted Images

I will say one thing for Hughie he can certainly take a shot. But young age or not he will only ever be British/Euro level . Dont get me wrong there are still some good fights for him to be had at this level and also decent money but thats his ceiling imo .

1 hour ago, maxhardcore said:

ONE of the Best since the era of Ali ?

Lewis

Holyfield

Tyson 

after them who will have given Tyson Fury any trouble ?

And for folk to still think Fury only has Size as a forte is unbelievable.

Max, your living in cuckoo land. There have been many fighters that would give fury a real test and some who would have beaten him easy imo, what about riddick bowe?  Vitali klit,  donovan ruddock, tommy morrison and many many more. I like fury to a degree, but his fights are all the same, not what i watch the heavyweights for.

I’ve totally gone off fury since the Joshua defeat 

all bluster and no substance 

sat saying I told you so’s about Joshua being dropped when in reality he didn’t have to back wheels to get in and do it himself 

that’s the absolute cut of it and fury fans don’t like it as it’s the truth 

fury just didn’t fancy Joshua 1 bit 

2 hours ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

I’ve totally gone off fury since the Joshua defeat 

all bluster and no substance 

sat saying I told you so’s about Joshua being dropped when in reality he didn’t have to back wheels to get in and do it himself 

that’s the absolute cut of it and fury fans don’t like it as it’s the truth 

fury just didn’t fancy Joshua 1 bit 

Fury offered to face Joshua in his first comeback fight but Hearn refused, Hearn wanted  Fury to fight his other marquee fighters first for a couple of years then get the Joshua fight so Fury signed with Warren as he wanted to be straight back in the mix. Fury then stepped in at the first opportunity to fight Wilder when a fight between Joshua and Wilder could not be made.Fury has a harder fight than Joshua in February with the Wilder rematch. Wilder has so many flaws but is very athletic,has a good engine and dangerous for every minute of every round due to his power. Thats if the rematch does happen in February as Wilder is now wanting Fury to step aside to fight the Ruiz v Joshua winner . Like mentioned umpteen times on here, all the fans want is to see them all face each other to see who is the best and put an end to it all as for whatever reasons its all dragged on for too long now . As for Fury we know Arum is protecting his investment but it has to be the likes of Wilder/Ruiz/Joshua after this Wallin fight . Even Povetkin would be ok imo if Fury does take a December fight like he has mentioned he might do.

Edited by MickC
3 hours ago, MickC said:

Fury offered to face Joshua in his first comeback fight but Hearn refused, Hearn wanted  Fury to fight his other marquee fighters first for a couple of years then get the Joshua fight so Fury signed with Warren as he wanted to be straight back in the mix. Fury then stepped in at the first opportunity to fight Wilder when a fight between Joshua and Wilder could not be made.Fury has a harder fight than Joshua in February with the Wilder rematch. Wilder has so many flaws but is very athletic,has a good engine and dangerous for every minute of every round due to his power. Thats if the rematch does happen in February as Wilder is now wanting Fury to step aside to fight the Ruiz v Joshua winner . Like mentioned umpteen times on here, all the fans want is to see them all face each other to see who is the best and put an end to it all as for whatever reasons its all dragged on for too long now . As for Fury we know Arum is protecting his investment but it has to be the likes of Wilder/Ruiz/Joshua after this Wallin fight . Even Povetkin would be ok imo if Fury does take a December fight like he has mentioned he might do.

If the rematch does not happen then that's on Fury, he turned down an immediate rematch with Wilder. Wilder is the champion, he has no obligation to fight Fury. 

Edited by Jobi
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Jobi said:

If the rematch does not happen then that's on Fury, he turned down an immediate rematch with Wilder. Wilder is the champion, he has no obligation to fight Fury. 

The rematch is signed up for February 22nd hence why Wilder is wanting him to step aside. If it was not signed up he would just go straight for the Ruiz v Joshua winner and would not need to ask Fury to step aside. Wilder however has not got a date or signed up yet for the Ortiz rematch thats allegedly taking place in November .

Edited by MickC
8 minutes ago, MickC said:

The rematch is signed up for February 22nd hence why Wilder is wanting him to step aside. If it was not signed up he would just go straight for the Ruiz v Joshua winner and would not need to ask Fury to step aside. Wilder however has not got a date or signed up yet for the Ortiz rematch thats allegedly taking place in November .

That's according to Fury, it hasn't been confirmed yet. 

Infuriates me like hell this bout. Blatantly failing to make weight and coming in to the ring two weight classes higher and fouling like mad throughout the fight. 

The ref was terrible but Lomachenko should have complained more imo, that inexperience in the pro game showed there. It's no good fighting clean like he was used to in the amateurs, when Salido hit him low he should have hit him back low even harder. 

• Like 2
27 minutes ago, Jobi said:

Infuriates me like hell this bout. Blatantly failing to make weight and coming in to the ring two weight classes higher and fouling like mad throughout the fight. 

The ref was terrible but Lomachenko should have complained more imo, that inexperience in the pro game showed there. It's no good fighting clean like he was used to in the amateurs, when Salido hit him low he should have hit him back low even harder. 

Everything was against him in that fight.If he had won that fight hed have had the record for winning  a World title in the least number of fights , he won a belt in his next fight so equalled the record and is tied now with the Thai fighter who also won a World title in his third fight.

• Like 1