Boxing At The Weekend...

Great nightbat the o2 was weird atmosphere on fury fight he been rushed imho he not got the strength or completely got all his shots under total control and without that power to keep big punchers weary he can only go backwards he should just be stepping up to british level now not have nearly half a dozen losses at 24 albeit against very good opponents  but for him to really challenge fringe world level that right hand needs major work. And the atmosphere when loma came out was electric great night in all

• Like 3

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The THL fight club

Just got back from my lads first fight.  Think I was more nervous than him!

f****n embarrassing the whole event !....now we're all going to have to listen to these mma divs saying their fighters can hang with pro boxers well played Fury you big melt ! And we're supposed

Posted Images

Max, i doubt his skin condition is anything to do with him not being able to throw a good clean power punch, any decent 24 yr old heavyweight should beat povetkin. Hughie is not world class, with more defeats to come.

Edited by NEWSBOY
  • Like 5
2 minutes ago, maxhardcore said:

There are not many Heavyweight boxers about who are genuine World Class' take AJ's punch away and he's Arguably not World Class ????

But he has that punch max, take TF dancing skills away and he wouldn’t even be domestic level. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
7 minutes ago, maxhardcore said:

There are not many Heavyweight boxers about who are genuine World Class' take AJ's punch away and he's Arguably not World Class ????

Its them attributes that make them world class, AJs power, tysons fury movement, Wilders power. 

Lomachenko movement etc. 

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, maxhardcore said:

Is AJ World Class with his punch ?

Or was he just very well marketed ?

I think Hughie would beat Charles Martin tomorrow .

And that's how AJ got hold of his World Titles .

Hughie has been in with some decent fighters for a 24 year old.

As I say IF he keeps at it and lives the game he should strengthen up and improve .

Doesn’t matter how well you market something if it hasn’t something about it it will fail instantly. AJ might only have a punch but he used it to full affect and it carried him a long way just like TF used his skill without having a punch.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, dogmandont said:

Doesn’t matter how well you market something if it hasn’t something about it it will fail instantly. AJ might only have a punch but he used it to full affect and it carried him a long way just like TF used his skill without having a punch.

I've just got to add this to your post dmd, it's not so much fury's skill, it's just he's very tall and awkward. There's not too much he does right actually, in a proper boxing sense. He's just awkward

It says a lot about the current crop of heavies when you can argue over whether Hughie Fury is world class or not!

I doubt any of them wouldve been worked class 30 years ago...

For me HF hasn't got what it takes to move up, he should be beating the likes of Povetkin now if that's the case... the likes of Dubois will come quicker and leave HF behind imo 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, shaaark said:

I've just got to add this to your post dmd, it's not so much fury's skill, it's just he's very tall and awkward. There's not too much he does right actually, in a proper boxing sense. He's just awkward

Was going to say something similar but was trying to keep it short. Lol. None of the current crop are the full package and if you take away that single thing that makes them good they all become very average. 

Edited by dogmandont
  • Like 3

I was having an interesting conversation with an old trainer ive known years he makes a good analogy about heavyweight boxers being chess pieces.....he puts it in a way of previous eras of heavyweights had fighters who were castles,bishops,queens etc they had different qualities ....but todays heavyweights are just pawns,they all only have 1 move.

Wilder punch and nothing else.

Joshua power and nothing else.

Fury size and nothing else.

Whereas fighters from other eras had more than 1 string to their bow.....made a lot of sense all todays heavyweights are very limited.

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

I was having an interesting conversation with an old trainer ive known years he makes a good analogy about heavyweight boxers being chess pieces.....he puts it in a way of previous eras of heavyweights had fighters who were castles,bishops,queens etc they had different qualities ....but todays heavyweights are just pawns,they all only have 1 move.

Wilder punch and nothing else.

Joshua power and nothing else.

Fury size and nothing else.

Whereas fighters from other eras had more than 1 string to their bow.....made a lot of sense all todays heavyweights are very limited.

You talking shit there gnash, tyson fury's the best heavyweight since ali ?

• Haha 1