Boxing At The Weekend...

2 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

You say that Mick but the value in these fights are what Whyte gains mentally not financially.....a lot of heavyweights out there want to do as little as possible for as much money as possible because they think they are better than what they are.....Dillian knows he is not the finished article and with only 7 amateur fights where better to gain knowledge and experience than in competitive fights with top ranked opponents ? Whyte is like a breath of fresh air in an extremely sad climate of heavyweight boxing where being a media whore to gain public popularity seems to hold more value than improving your craft as a sportsman....i got chatting with a couple of young lads down from Leeds supporting David Allen last night they told me i dont know anything about boxing because i didnt know who Kugan Cassius was !!!.....this is the society we now live in so thank goodness for lads like Dillian doing things the right way brushing himself down after a setback,visualising where he wants to be and strategically placing himself in fights that will improve him as an athlete.I remember when he was fighting on ticket deals in South London you could tell he was a guy who was willing to work hard,listen and totally commit himself to boxing surrounding himself with proper boxing people who are adding 10% to his game with every fight.....if he continues to add facets to his arsenal like the double jab you mentioned this is going to be a young lad that has simply done everything he can do,and with that comes a great deal of satisfaction regardless of the outcome.....the type of sporting satisfaction that those of us who didnt and dont simply do everything they can do,can never get.

What you say about the heavys want to do little as possible for as much as possible is so true. I believe that’s what happened to AJ he was so inactive he seized up and didn’t know what to do,  fail to prepare, prepare to fail. The only one of the belt holders most active is and has been wilder the past few yrs,  and they may be bums but it’s keeping him active in fights

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The THL fight club

Just got back from my lads first fight.  Think I was more nervous than him!

Joshua really is just a straight acting kid no frills and tassles he doesnt fall into all the silly stuff that is popular with fighters these days he has the mindset that if he is good enough he will

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Lenmcharristar said:

What you say about the heavys want to do little as possible for as much as possible is so true. I believe that’s what happened to AJ he was so inactive he seized up and didn’t know what to do,  fail to prepare, prepare to fail. The only one of the belt holders most active is and has been wilder the past few yrs,  and they may be bums but it’s keeping him active in fights

Couldnt agree regarding Joshua he has the best resume of any heavyweight in the world.....he paid the price for fighting other top heavyweights instead of hand picking nobodies,simple.

8 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Couldnt agree regarding Joshua he has the best resume of any heavyweight in the world.....he paid the price for fighting other top heavyweights instead of hand picking nobodies,simple.

I don’t doubt his resume but 1 to 2 fights a year is not enough to keep on top of the pack unless he is something truly special, which he’s not

Wilder's crap, fought no-one, even TO THIS DAY, fury, almost as bad. Whyte is getting better fight by fight. Said these things ages ago, wilder WILL NOT fight anyone  he thinks could be a threat. His chips got pissed on when he agreed to fight an overweight, unfit, 'head gone' fury. And again, like I said ages ago, wilder's power very overated. Anyone can have a great k o ratio when they fight people that don't have a good chin, or are just about average. And that's exactly what wilder's done his whole career

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Lenmcharristar said:

I don’t doubt his resume but 1 to 2 fights a year is not enough to keep on top of the pack unless he is something truly special, which he’s not

He had 8 fights in the last 3 years....Ortiz had 7,Wilder had 6,Fury had 4.....difference being the quality of opponent Joshua faced was far higher than the others.

The only top heavyweight to fight more often than Joshua is Dillian Whyte whos had 10 fights in 3 years.

1 minute ago, gnasher16 said:

He had 8 fights in the last 3 years....Ortiz had 7,Wilder had 6,Fury had 4.....difference being the quality of opponent Joshua faced was far higher than the others.

The only top heavyweight to fight more often than Joshua is Dillian Whyte whos had 10 fights in 3 years.

Do you think they should be fighting more?

2 hours ago, Lenmcharristar said:

Do you think they should be fighting more?

Once they become ppv fighters they fight less to keep there ppv figures higher,a trait of today's modern boxers unfortunately.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Stoney100 said:

Yes mate still doing the scrap, got a couple of decent wagons now that should last me a good few years, and I’ve still got her mate, she’s 12 now but still in good shape for a mooch about with my couple of bushers (cocker x patt) 

AA50657D-0F14-489B-896A-8D41F10F0AD6.jpeg.17869de3321b34a8b7a2733a00415cb5.jpeg

13DE0F40-1322-48DD-9DA9-7B6FA7FDA4CB.jpeg.9b192a49050659c19fb518f2e636040f.jpeg

15BBDDC3-F893-43AB-AB06-0CC04CE063D7.jpeg.eda3ffc072748b81c438ccbbb40fe13f.jpeg

Nice merc that I’m a transit man personally but yours is nice how you finding it atm in the scrap everyone and there mums is on it round here atm 

3 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

You say that Mick but the value in these fights are what Whyte gains mentally not financially.....a lot of heavyweights out there want to do as little as possible for as much money as possible because they think they are better than what they are.....Dillian knows he is not the finished article and with only 7 amateur fights where better to gain knowledge and experience than in competitive fights with top ranked opponents ? Whyte is like a breath of fresh air in an extremely sad climate of heavyweight boxing where being a media whore to gain public popularity seems to hold more value than improving your craft as a sportsman....i got chatting with a couple of young lads down from Leeds supporting David Allen last night they told me i dont know anything about boxing because i didnt know who Kugan Cassius was !!!.....this is the society we now live in so thank goodness for lads like Dillian doing things the right way brushing himself down after a setback,visualising where he wants to be and strategically placing himself in fights that will improve him as an athlete.I remember when he was fighting on ticket deals in South London you could tell he was a guy who was willing to work hard,listen and totally commit himself to boxing surrounding himself with proper boxing people who are adding 10% to his game with every fight.....if he continues to add facets to his arsenal like the double jab you mentioned this will be a fighter that has simply done everything he can do,and with that comes a great deal of satisfaction regardless of the outcome.....the type of sporting satisfaction that those of us who didnt and dont simply do everything they can do,can never get.

Gnash it's good to see Whyte win and he is improving which is nice to see but I disagree with him being a breath of fresh air as his predicament is one of his own doing due to the opportunitys he has turned down and did he not also refuse the Joshua fight because he said he was worth more ? As for media whore he's as bad as any of them,have you seen how many videos he has up on social media etc ? Quite a few of them complaining about how long he has been waiting for a WBC Title shot yet it was he himself who refused well over a year ago to fight Ortiz for the WBC mandatory position,refused to fight Pulev for the IBF mandatory position and the one I can't get my head round is refusing to fight Joshua for the four belts. Like you mentioned Whyte has grafted to get back in the mix after losing to Joshua nobody can take that away from him,but refusing the Joshua rematch !?! I'm of the opinion now that Whyte beats Joshua which would have been an epic win for him but he let the opportunity pass. I also think that now Joshua has lost that Hearn is showing Whyte a bit more attention. As for the WBC well they have also done him a favour as they allowed him to fight there no10 ranked fighter for the mandatory position after he refused to fight there no4 ranked fighter (Ortiz). Being fair, now that last nights win has made Whyte the WBC mandatory the WBC should make Wilder fight Whyte after the Ortiz rematch and stop prolonging the fight,however I have a feeling that should Ruiz beat Joshua again Wilder will go after Ruiz and leave Whyte out on the sidelines and as a unification trumps a mandatory there will be nothing that Whyte can do about it.

Edited by MickC

Probably the most respectful I've seen Wilder in this clip sitting with Ruiz discussing a potential fight to be the Undisputed Heavyweight Champion. With them both being under Haymon no doubt he will try everything in his power to put this fight together.

Edited by MickC
9 minutes ago, MickC said:

Probably the most respectful I've seen Wilder in this clip sitting with Ruiz discussing a potential fight to be the Undisputed Heavyweight Champion. With them both being under Haymon no doubt he will try everything in his power to put this fight together.

I think the same about wilder chasing the uni fight, who can blame him? Out of nowhere Ruiz is now in a fight or 2 for a unification of the division, either AJs camp knew wilder would have flattened him or they were just too greedy and lost out, still fury is chipping away from the sidelines and could end up unified champ yet, personally il say I think AJ will retire if Ruiz beats him again 

43 minutes ago, CushtyJook said:

Nice merc that I’m a transit man personally but yours is nice how you finding it atm in the scrap everyone and there mums is on it round here atm 

Cheers mate and scrap itself is not the best right now tbh but I’ve started to save a lot more stuff and sell it instead of scrapping it so its all good and probably better than weighing it in

Edited by Stoney100
On 21/07/2019 at 16:25, Stoney100 said:

Yes mate still doing the scrap, got a couple of decent wagons now that should last me a good few years, and I’ve still got her mate, she’s 12 now but still in good shape for a mooch about with my couple of bushers (cocker x patt) 

AA50657D-0F14-489B-896A-8D41F10F0AD6.jpeg.17869de3321b34a8b7a2733a00415cb5.jpeg

13DE0F40-1322-48DD-9DA9-7B6FA7FDA4CB.jpeg.9b192a49050659c19fb518f2e636040f.jpeg

15BBDDC3-F893-43AB-AB06-0CC04CE063D7.jpeg.eda3ffc072748b81c438ccbbb40fe13f.jpeg

Brings a tear to my eye every time I see another smiley going to the great scrapyard in the sky the last great transit ?

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Greyman said:

Brings a tear to my eye every time I see another smiley going to the great scrapyard in the sky the last great transit ?

Yeah mate it’s a shame but it was literally a rust bucket! Soon be none left but I will always love the sound of that engine lol

• Like 1