Boxing At The Weekend...

20 hours ago, shaaark said:

Staying with dillian whyte for the time mick, how the f**k can the wbc keep putting hurdles in his way?!

Like I said before, if someone is ranked no 1, they should be next in line to fight the champion, not the 3rd, 4th or whatever! The wbc are making a mockery of rankings etc

Tbf Whyte only has himself to blame for his predicament with the options he has refused/wasted that other fighters would have jumped at. Ortiz WBC mandatory  Pulev IBF mandatory  Joshua WBA,WBO,IBF,IBO belts, all them are top opportunitys as well as declining fights with Joyce and Usyk but he only seems to have eyes for Wilder. Hearns match making and calculated ducking have got Whyte where he is today and now with Joshua beaten by Ruiz Hearn seems to be showing Whyte a lot more time. Iirc Whytes only win over a ranked fighter inside top 20 was Parker (10) coming off a loss and that should have been an immediate rematch,the ref was a disgrace to boxing scoring the second round clash of heads as a knockdown and letting Whyte away with constant fouling throughout the fight without taking a single point. (Whyte v Parker Joshua v Takam and Joshua v Parker are the three fights touted on American forums as to why Ruiz should not rematch Joshua in U.K.) Other  than Parker it's 38 year old Browne as Whytes best win or could it be 35 year old Chisora ? It was the scoring of the second round knockdown which cost Parker the win. If anything the WBC are doing Whyte a favour now as there allowing the Whyte v Rivas fight be for the official mandatory slot for Wilder's WBC belt despite Rivas only being ranked 10th in there rankings.

Edited by MickC
  • Like 3

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The THL fight club

Joshua really is just a straight acting kid no frills and tassles he doesnt fall into all the silly stuff that is popular with fighters these days he has the mindset that if he is good enough he will

Just got back from my lads first fight.  Think I was more nervous than him!

Posted Images

1 hour ago, MickC said:

Tbf Whyte only has himself to blame for his predicament with the options he has refused/wasted that other fighters would have jumped at. Ortiz WBC mandatory  Pulev IBF mandatory  Joshua WBA,WBO,IBF,IBO belts, all them are top opportunitys as well as declining fights with Joyce and Usyk but he only seems to have eyes for Wilder. Hearns match making and calculated ducking have got Whyte where he is today and now with Joshua beaten by Ruiz Hearn seems to be showing Whyte a lot more time. Iirc Whytes only win over a ranked fighter inside top 20 was Parker (10) coming off a loss and that should have been an immediate rematch,the ref was a disgrace to boxing scoring the second round clash of heads as a knockdown and letting Whyte away with constant fouling throughout the fight without taking a single point. (Whyte v Parker Joshua v Takam and Joshua v Parker are the three fights touted on American forums as to why Ruiz should not rematch Joshua in U.K.) Other  than Parker it's 38 year old Browne as Whytes best win or could it be 35 year old Chisora ? It was the scoring of the second round knockdown which cost Parker the win. If anything the WBC are doing Whyte a favour now as there allowing the Whyte v Rivas fight be for the official mandatory slot for Wilder's WBC belt despite Rivas only being ranked 10th in there rankings.

Thanks for clearing that up for me lol. Your grasp of it all is far more thorough than mine ?

• Like 1
On 17/07/2019 at 13:34, MickC said:

I also wonder how the ticket sales are going ?

Hearn reckons 12 - 14,000 sales but others are saying no where near.I am on my way up their this afternoon so I will give you an honest opinion.

• Like 2
On 18/07/2019 at 11:43, shaaark said:

Thanks for clearing that up for me lol. Your grasp of it all is far more thorough than mine ?

I just cant be bolloxed with all the nonsense surrounding heavyweight boxing these days its full of if's,but's and maybe's, it bores me to tears quick frankly....but when you keep it simple and look at what HAS happened as opposed to what MIGHT one day happen Dillian Whytes second best career victory is the same opponent as Tyson Furys second best career victory ( Chisora )....yet Fury has had 2 world title fights and Whyte has had none !.....something cant be right.....i think its almost at the stage now where title belts and governing bodies have no real relevance id rather see good competitive 50/50 heavyweight fights like this tonight for no belt than sit waiting for these other fighters to try and tactically gain ground by not fighting !

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

I just cant be bolloxed with all the nonsense surrounding heavyweight boxing these days its full of if's,but's and maybe's, it bores me to tears quick frankly....but when you keep it simple and look at what HAS happened as opposed to what MIGHT one day happen Dillian Whytes second best career victory is the same opponent as Tyson Furys second best career victory ( Chisora )....yet Fury has had 2 world title fights and Whyte has had none !.....something cant be right.....i think its almost at the stage now where title belts and governing bodies have no real relevance id rather see good competitive 50/50 heavyweight fights like this tonight for no belt than sit waiting for these other fighters to try and tactically gain ground by not fighting !

Agreed mate....business is taking away what fight fans want...the fighters should be demanding the big fights for pride alone...

That's what makes me laugh with the constant stick Hearn and Joshua get, they are all the same...Fury fought for a world title...next fight some unknown German??

• Like 3
1 hour ago, ArchieHood said:

Hearn reckons 12 - 14,000 sales but others are saying no where near.I am on my way up their this afternoon so I will give you an honest opinion.

This will be a good honest show tonight with mostly 50/50 bouts i had a quick look in Spitalfields yesterday at the weigh in this Rivas looks in great condition i think that will be a good scrap tonight....not sure if it will be televised but look out for a good old Canning Town boy Charlie Duffield he,s had his ups and downs but this is the first fight he,s made the weight correctly and got his condition right he looked immaculate on the scales,smashing lad Charlie he,s the slight underdog but id love to see him nick an area title....Price id like to see rewarded for his persistance,think Chisora might come unstuck tonight....should be an interesting night.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

This will be a good honest show tonight with mostly 50/50 bouts i had a quick look in Spitalfields yesterday at the weigh in this Rivas looks in great condition i think that will be a good scrap tonight....not sure if it will be televised but look out for a good old Canning Town boy Charlie Duffield he,s had his ups and downs but this is the first fight he,s made the weight correctly and got his condition right he looked immaculate on the scales,smashing lad Charlie he,s the slight underdog but id love to see him nick an area title....Price id like to see rewarded for his persistance,think Chisora might come unstuck tonight....should be an interesting night.

Apparently it will be live streamed if you're interested.Should start around 9:00 ish.

https://youtu.be/oKomBfVs3fk

• Thanks 1

Rivas has fought and beat nobody as a pro and it showed tonight, Whyte holding him at bay with a basic double jab. Excellent finish from Chisora, him against Parker be a good match up .

Edited by MickC