Boxing At The Weekend...

1 minute ago, sid g said:

I think furys the best of a bad bunch , 2 year get this lot out the way with the new lot coming through be a whole new scene thank fook ..

Maybe so mate, like you say it's a bad bunch, they could all beat each other on the night.. Fury will go down if caught as will Joshua...Wilder is the strangest boxer for years, he can bang but is awful other than that....

f**k it Ruiz is the best, reminds me of a prime Ali...movement, hand speed hes got the lot...lol

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The THL fight club

Joshua really is just a straight acting kid no frills and tassles he doesnt fall into all the silly stuff that is popular with fighters these days he has the mindset that if he is good enough he will

f****n embarrassing the whole event !....now we're all going to have to listen to these mma divs saying their fighters can hang with pro boxers well played Fury you big melt ! And we're supposed

Posted Images

19 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

YOU telling someone they are bullshitting about Sunderland ??....is this a Morecambe & Wise sketch !

Ffs..don't make another thread into a Sunderland yap....its so last 3 years lol

3 minutes ago, sid g said:

we need a mod just to delete sunderland posts .. or fix the sunderland thread so it comes up jumbled like they did with stewies  site...

WALSHIE!!! LOL

4 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

Ffs..don't make another thread into a Sunderland yap....its so last 3 years lol

Could have the best of both worlds .....imagine Fury v AJ at the stadium of light ,the gravy all backing Ali .....I mean Fury ,big John Fury moved to tears  by the crowd ,AJ s London support all nervously looking at the North sea and wishing they had brought a change of clothes ....could be epic .

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
1 minute ago, Astanley said:

Could have the best of both worlds .....imagine Fury v AJ at the stadium of light ,the gravy all backing Ali .....I mean Fury ,big John Fury moved to tears  by the crowd ,AJ s London support all nervously looking at the North sea and wishing they had brought a change of clothes ....could be epic .

The kind of night sporting dreams are made of Stan...

The Roker Roar would deafen those southern sorties, then they'd know what real support was all about....

f**k off....I'm getting tempted into this shit now...lol

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

The kind of night sporting dreams are made of Stan...

The Roker Roar would deafen those southern sorties, then they'd know what real support was all about....

f**k off....I'm getting tempted into this shit now...lol

If Carlsberg promoted fights 

• Haha 1
44 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

Wrong about Joshua and Fury??

They've not met... Fury went AWOL for a couple of years, has fought 3 bums and done pretty well against an average champion.... but still grabbed a draw from the jaws of victory lol

AJ, became world champion has fought a few decent fighters and lost badly against one of them....

The problem is for some it always comes down to if your a Fury man or a Joshua man... I'm neither to be honest, I'd like to see them fight...could go either way, both a bit chinny, one may stay out of the way for 12 rounds the other may catch him...who knows??

For me Fury just isn't heavy handed enough to really worry any of the top fighters, he will win fights obviously with his tap and move style, fair play to him..but he ain't no great imo...

It's only interesting because they are all average but with different styles...

I meant the sentence at the end mate lol about cracking America ?

2 minutes ago, Stoney100 said:

I meant the sentence at the end mate lol about cracking America ?

Ah right...got ya...

Yeah that didn't quite go to plan for AJ and now Fury is back acting the clown and fighting bums...so says all you need to know really lol

1 minute ago, NEWKID said:

Ah right...got ya...

Yeah that didn't quite go to plan for AJ and now Fury is back acting the clown and fighting bums...so says all you need to know really lol

In a way it’s sad they want to go to America and it’s when I lost any real interest in them, I understand why they want to but it’s was nice watching the boxing at a normal time last night instead of 5.30am tbh

On 25/06/2019 at 23:03, Francie said:

Maybe IV got it wrong with him gnash, I just liked his few words about wanting nothing to do to with the present society, an prefers the old ways mate.

What was he up to @gnasher16

Sorry mate ive been sunning it for a while so missed this....in all honesty he didnt come into my mind until Tyson Fury came on the scene ,i remember he had jet black hair had a bit of an Elvis look going on !....i didnt know anything about the whole eye gouge thing thats nothing to do with me we all have dark periods in life i wouldnt judge anyone on something like that....i barely knew the man never spoke more than a few words in gym pleasantries years ago im sure he,s an ok chap now ...but he was known as a trouble maker with too much mouth constantly offering to fight people in fields and suchlike when its well known the man only ever had 2 bareknuckle fights in his life 1 of which got stopped by police the other both men shook hands and called it a draw when they was knackered.

A lad from near me Henry Akinwande knocked him unconscious for about 5 minutes and then told him if it had been on the cobbles he would of killed him  ?...the only time i witnessed his carry on was in a gym in Yorkshire me and another London lad were up there for sparring,well it was a busy gym and Fury had been sparring someone i forget who but the lad got a cut and had to stop so Frank Grant asked if he could take his place,Frank was a good fighter but only a middleweight and Fury was insulted that a middleweight dare take him on so went to town really trying it on with Frank but like i say Frank was a good fighter and had the better of it....Fury kicked off in the changing rooms saying he wasnt fit,he,d had a long drive there etc .....Frank tells him to shut up moaning and Fury starts the old " lets take it outside " carry on.....well i dont know what he,s like these days but Frank wasnt a man to be pushed and knew his way around on a street level and so follows Fury outside in the pouring rain running round in his underpants screaming at him to fight him but Fury jumps in his van and wheel spins away with Frank kicking the door in trying to open it.

Neil Malpass the  heavyweight had a similar set to with him after Neil beat him,the other one Hugh i think his name was fought on the same show...and again John asked to meet Neil for a " fair fight " and then never showed.....ive no axe to grind with him like i say we've all acted daft when we was younger but watching him talk all moralistic like that just sticks in the throat a little bit thats all.

• Like 6
4 minutes ago, Rusty_terrier said:

Yeah that's a pain in the arse. AJ and fury are 2 of the biggest names in  boxing not just heavyweight boxing. Dont know why they feel they need to go to America to be considered the real deal

Same here mate, I think only 9000 watched fury v schwartz live......he could of filled Wembley if he fought Joshua there when he couldn’t get an opponent! 

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Sorry mate ive been sunning it for a while so missed this....in all honesty he didnt come into my mind until Tyson Fury came on the scene ,i remember he had jet black hair had a bit of an Elvis look going on !....i didnt know anything about the whole eye gouge thing thats nothing to do with me we all have dark periods in life i wouldnt judge anyone on something like that....i barely knew the man never spoke more than a few words in gym pleasantries years ago im sure he,s an ok chap now ...but he was known as a trouble maker with too much mouth constantly offering to fight people in fields and suchlike when its well known the man only ever had 2 bareknuckle fights in his life 1 of which got stopped by police the other both men shook hands and called it a draw when they was knackered.

A lad from near me Henry Akinwande knocked him unconscious for about 5 minutes and then told him if it had been on the cobbles he would of killed him  ?...the only time i witnessed his carry on was in a gym in Yorkshire me and another London lad were up there for sparring,well it was a busy gym and Fury had been sparring someone i forget who but the lad got a cut and had to stop so Frank Grant asked if he could take his place,Frank was a good fighter but only a middleweight and Fury was insulted that a middleweight dare take him on so went to town really trying it on with Frank but like i say Frank was a good fighter and had the better of it....Fury kicked off in the changing rooms saying he wasnt fit,he,d had a long drive there etc .....Frank tells him to shut up moaning and Fury starts the old " lets take it outside " carry on.....well i dont know what he,s like these days but Frank wasnt a man to be pushed and knew his way around on a street level and so follows Fury outside in the pouring rain running round in his underpants screaming at him to fight him but Fury jumps in his van and wheel spins away with Frank kicking the door in trying to open it.

Neil Malpass the  heavyweight had a similar set to with him after Neil beat him,the other one Hugh i think his name was fought on the same show...and again John asked to meet Neil for a " fair fight " and then never showed.....ive no axe to grind with him like i say we've all acted daft when we was younger but watching him talk all moralistic like that just sticks in the throat a little bit thats all.

I watched a video once when John was asked about his professional career and why he never went any further and he admitted that guys like akinwande were a different league to him as they were proper boxers and he was really just a show fighter/sparring partner for them.

16 minutes ago, MickC said:

Frank Grant thats a name from the past Gnash, he stopped Herol Graham. I think he fought for the Champs Gym in Moss Side iirc.

Thats it mate one of Phil Martins early fighters....that was a good gym remember Carl Thompson,Ensley Bingham,few other names i forget now it was a proper shithole above a crappy little co op in Moss Side when Moss Side first became known round the country as a bit of a dodgy area ?...Maurice Core was another one he went on to run it after Phil died if im not wrong....some good fighters came out of that gym Frank Grant should probably have gone further than he did i remember him losing at the York Hall on cuts i think it was and he just went by the wayside after that,

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 1