Boxing At The Weekend...

Watch this lads big John my type of guy, no bullshitting or fake person a an loves the old ways an wants nothing to do with the present, same as me, only for my kids I'd go back 100 years or more if possible lol

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The THL fight club

f****n embarrassing the whole event !....now we're all going to have to listen to these mma divs saying their fighters can hang with pro boxers well played Fury you big melt ! And we're supposed

Joshua really is just a straight acting kid no frills and tassles he doesnt fall into all the silly stuff that is popular with fighters these days he has the mindset that if he is good enough he will

Posted Images

On 23/06/2019 at 14:17, maxhardcore said:

Erm ' this is not a promoter love in.

Im just pointing out most on here fell for fast eddies spiel re AJ hook line and sinker .

A few with a little bit Nous did not ?

Re Fury he dethroned Klitch in his own back yard.

And on a whim went into Wilders back yard and gave him a Boxing lesson after 3 years in the wilderness .

Taking a shot AJ would still be getting a count now from ?

By " fell for fast eddies spiel " do you mean bought his ppv shows ?.....these are the times we live in Hearn puts on far superior boxing events than any other British promoter so people who want to watch top boxing have to pay for it.....by " a few with a little nous did not " do you mean a few didnt buy his ppv shows ?....in which case what top boxing shows are they watching that are better ?

Fury has only won 1 fight against a top 10 opponent in his entire career and that was 4 years ago....Joshua losing a fight does not change that...it is what it is.

If you cant see how Fury has worked the public and his career in general then you are clearly not looking at boxing as a competitive sport you are simply under a spell.....to me its pretty peculiar for any grown man to become besotted with a sportsman and makes it almost impossible to have a sensible conversation as it makes a person lose the instinct to think for themself.

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2
On 23/06/2019 at 13:05, NEWKID said:

Seen Barry Hearn speak about Chris Eubank... when he first started to promote him he wasn't even sure he could fight, but knew he brought the charisma and humour that would sale...he was selling his product, in this case a boxer who had the fans flocking....

Of course Eddie Hearn is the same with AJ, I think you have said previously about how much they have changed him and taken away the street kid mentality...it's all a sale....

f**k me some of the shenanigans Fury had got up to to sale himself is cringeworthy, batman suits etc!! 

But it is no different... the likes of Don King were robbing fighters left right and sideways, at least if AJ quit tomorrow he's made enough money out of putting himself on the line....like I said where's the negative??

Joshua was not born a fighter he is a big powerful streetwise kid who has been turned into a boxer....theres nothing wrong with that but a lack of early schooling as a kid where you learn to think and move like a fighter as second nature was always going to be his undoing when mixing in the company he has mixed in,the fact that he has become one of the wealthiest yet humble fighters in the world on such an unsophisticated and innocent approach to the sport is a credit to his competitive attitude and one that other competitors respect and appreciate.

It is in stark contrast to Fury who would have you believe is the greatest fighter in history,a born natural fighter etc....yet who has to hide behind his promoter as an excuse not to fight people and sell himself on mental illness and charitable purse donations.

Its the difference between an honest lad throwing himself at success on limited talent.....and a talented lad winging it on limited honesty !

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
18 hours ago, Francie said:

Watch this lads big John my type of guy, no bullshitting 

It makes me cringe with embarrassment for him whenever i listen to his line of patter.

He seems totally oblivious to how there will be other chaps of his era up and down the country who were around boxing gyms in the 80,s and witnessed some of his antics......and who will be  chuckling away watching him talk about morals,honesty and principals !

If anyone around Yorkshire way happens to know an ex fighter called Frank Grant or Terry Day from John Celabanski's old gym they,ll tell you some funny things about Mr Partridges gym exploits....Mr Fury i mean.

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 2
22 hours ago, Francie said:

Watch this lads big John my type of guy, no bullshitting or fake person a an loves the old ways an wants nothing to do with the present, same as me, only for my kids I'd go back 100 years or more if possible lol

That's a showmans trailer not a gypsy one.

9 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

It makes me cringe with embarrassment for him whenever i listen to his line of patter.

He seems totally oblivious to how there will be other chaps of his era up and down the country who were around boxing gyms in the 80,s and witnessed some of his antics......and who will be  chuckling away watching him talk about morals,honesty and principals !

If anyone around Yorkshire way happens to know an ex fighter called Frank Grant or Terry Day from John Celabanski's old gym they,ll tell you some funny things about Mr Partridges gym exploits....Mr Fury i mean.

Maybe IV got it wrong with him gnash, I just liked his few words about wanting nothing to do to with the present society, an prefers the old ways mate.

What was he up to @gnasher16

4 hours ago, fireman said:

I don't know nothing about them @fireman he said it was used from 30's onwards by a known family an he has old pics of it in use, is he telling porkies?

I hope not lol

12 minutes ago, Francie said:

I don't know nothing about them @fireman he said it was used from 30's onwards by a known family an he has old pics of it in use, is he telling porkies?

I hope not lol

Gypsy wagons were pulled by horses,that was pulled by a traction engine and i'm just saying that's all and i'm sure the travelling lads on here would agree with me as i'm right :laugh:..

It is a grand wagon though and i'd live in it no problem :victory:..

48 minutes ago, fireman said:

Gypsy wagons were pulled by horses,that was pulled by a traction engine and i'm just saying that's all and i'm sure the travelling lads on here would agree with me as i'm right :laugh:..

It is a grand wagon though and i'd live in it no problem :victory:..

Thanks @fireman he did say the bar at front was for what you say, could it have been put there at later date?

Tis a nice yok an if I had wee bit land I'd love in it too lol

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Francie said:

Thanks @fireman he did say the bar at front was for what you say, could it have been put there at later date?

Tis a nice yok an if I had wee bit land I'd love in it too lol

The whole thing is to big and heavy to have ever been pulled by horses mate and with the wooden wheels and wind up brakes (the little wheel above the draw bar)it was deffo pulled by a traction engine ..

• Like 1
On 25/06/2019 at 13:59, gnasher16 said:

Was he a knob head or think he was Lenny mcclean?

22 hours ago, fireman said:

A gypsy one as you call it is a vardo and comes in two designs generally , bow topped or reading ??every day,s a school day 

9 hours ago, Lenmcharristar said:

Was he a knob head or think he was Lenny mcclean?

He still is a knob head, and a bully, pulled his mate's eye out then complained he spent five years in jail because of it. No amount of money can get me back them five years he quoted, got news for you big numpty...........no amount of money can get ya mates eye back either.

• Like 1