Boxing At The Weekend...

On 21/06/2019 at 21:54, Rusty_terrier said:

I know theres a few cheeseman fans on here but he's found his level. Never moving above British. No shame. 

That was a good night of boxing last night,i still say for top domestic fight the York Hall takes some beating.

Ted Cheeseman is a very tough lad,durable,rugged.....but he will have a short career if he doesnt start respecting whats coming back at him he thinks he can walk through opponents and for that reason i agree i think European will be his level....likewise Benns boy he is going to be in some exciting fights but he wont go beyond British/European level.....ive said a few times i think those 2 lads biggest fight could well end up being against each other down the line.

Watched my first live womens fight last night didnt enjoy that at all,uncomfortable watching.

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The THL fight club

Just got back from my lads first fight.  Think I was more nervous than him!

f****n embarrassing the whole event !....now we're all going to have to listen to these mma divs saying their fighters can hang with pro boxers well played Fury you big melt ! And we're supposed

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

You are aware that Eddie Hearn is likely to be the greatest boxing promoter this country has ever had....he has taken the sport to its height of popularity in England and is now doing what Frank Warren couldnt.....B level fighters are now getting paid A level fighters money because of Eddie Hearn......ask any young British fighter who he would like to sign with and they will all say Hearn......you see boxing from an armchair critics viewpoint but for people actually involved as fighters/trainers/journeymen,even paying punters... Eddie Hearn is doing a fantastic job that no other British promoter has ever been capable of doing.

That's the thing....the fighters are making more money than ever with him, where is the negative??

The main argument I ever see is the AJ fighting bums argument...yet when you look.at his record (which considering he is fairly inexperienced in the grand scheme of things) it just doesn't add up....

Yes Charles Martin was shit, but he was the champion, don't look a gift horse in the mouth lol

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

That was a good night of boxing last night,i still say for top domestic fight the York Hall takes some beating.

Ted Cheeseman is a very tough lad,durable,rugged.....but he will have a short career if he doesnt start respecting whats coming back at him he thinks he can walk through opponents and for that reason i agree i think European will be his level....likewise Benns boy he is going to be in some exciting fights but he wont go beyond British/European level.....ive said a few times i think those 2 lads biggest fight could well end up being against each other down the line.

Watched my first live womens fight last night didnt enjoy that at all,uncomfortable watching.

As far as the women's match, should have been stopped earlier, talk about gulf in abilities?

Cheers, D.

20 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

That's the thing....the fighters are making more money than ever with him, where is the negative??

The main argument I ever see is the AJ fighting bums argument...yet when you look.at his record (which considering he is fairly inexperienced in the grand scheme of things) it just doesn't add up....

Yes Charles Martin was shit, but he was the champion, don't look a gift horse in the mouth lol

Look at that Charles Martin fight as an example.....also on that show was Macklin v Rose...George Groves,Lee Selby,Jamie Mcdonnel,Ohara Davies,Cheeseman,Benn.

When Fury fought the geezer the other week id never heard of anybody on the show except Fury !

Joshuas resume is far better than any other heavyweight....but the risk in that is you might lose fights......again,viewing figures tell their own story about Hearn.

• Like 2
14 minutes ago, dytkos said:

As far as the women's match, should have been stopped earlier, talk about gulf in abilities?

Cheers, D.

I felt sorry for her she looked a shy little thing totally out of her depth......not for me womens boxing.

2 hours ago, maxhardcore said:

He was def Great at Making AJ out to be something he was not .

I will give you that ?

Even fury put a video out saying how well aj had done and to come from nothing and become heavyweight champion after starting his career later on  was a fantastic achievement and made himself very rich did you see that one max or are you going to argue that one as well 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, maxhardcore said:

I'd say he ment the money AJ had made compared to his boxing ability lol ?

Of course he's done well ' very well.

Fast Eddie had yous all fooled ?

He's lost one....didn't perform at all, that's the way it goes in sport...

Over the next few years hopefully we'll see them all fight each other, and even though it's a fairly weak time for heavies if the matches are made we can get to see who is the main man...

Said loads of times, there are 4 or 5 who could all beat each other on the night, Ruiz has put himself in that mix along with Whyte (for me).

• Like 1
6 hours ago, maxhardcore said:

He was def Great at Making AJ out to be something he was not .

I will give you that ?

He is a boxing promoter ( salesman ) its his job !.....the same as Frank Warrens job.....the difference is Eddie Hearn has made Joshua and the boxing game in general millions and millions and Frank Warren has made Fury relatively little.

Eddie Hearn is disliked by armchair critics like you but loved by fighters......Frank Warren has always been liked by armchair critics but hated by fighters.

People like you are naive as f**k ....you just dont know it.....which i guess is the blueprint of being naive in the first place !

12 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

He's lost one....didn't perform at all, that's the way it goes in sport...

Over the next few years hopefully we'll see them all fight each other, and even though it's a fairly weak time for heavies if the matches are made we can get to see who is the main man...

Said loads of times, there are 4 or 5 who could all beat each other on the night, Ruiz has put himself in that mix along with Whyte (for me).

What some people dont seem to understand is that a fighter like Joshua losing doesnt make a fighter like Fury any better !......when you take on top opposition you lose fights as Joshua has,as Dillian Whyte has.....when you dont take on top opposition you dont lose fights......Fury has only beaten 1 top 10 opponent in his entire career !!!......besides Klitchko the greatest victory of his career was against Derek Chisora,a journeyman/fringe domestic level fighter......he hasnt beaten a top 10 fighter for 4 years and his last menaningful fight ended in a draw and featured him losing consciousness.

To believe a sportsman is great without having proved it takes either a peculiar form of loyalty or plain hero worship.

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 3
14 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

He is a boxing promoter ( salesman ) its his job !.....the same as Frank Warrens job.....the difference is Eddie Hearn has made Joshua and the boxing game in general millions and millions and Frank Warren has made Fury relatively little.

Eddie Hearn is disliked by armchair critics like you but loved by fighters......Frank Warren has always been liked by armchair critics but hated by fighters.

People like you are naive as f**k ....you just dont know it.....which i guess is the blueprint of being naive in the first place !

Seen Barry Hearn speak about Chris Eubank... when he first started to promote him he wasn't even sure he could fight, but knew he brought the charisma and humour that would sale...he was selling his product, in this case a boxer who had the fans flocking....

Of course Eddie Hearn is the same with AJ, I think you have said previously about how much they have changed him and taken away the street kid mentality...it's all a sale....

f**k me some of the shenanigans Fury had got up to to sale himself is cringeworthy, batman suits etc!! 

But it is no different... the likes of Don King were robbing fighters left right and sideways, at least if AJ quit tomorrow he's made enough money out of putting himself on the line....like I said where's the negative??

Edited by NEWKID
  • Like 1
6 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

What some people dont seem to understand is that a fighter like Joshua losing doesnt make a fighter like Fury any better !......when you take on top opposition you lose fights as Joshua has,as Dillian Whyte has.....when you dont take on top opposition you dont lose fights......Fury has only beaten 1 top 10 opponent in his entire career !!!......besides Klitchko the greatest victory of his career was against Derek Chisora,a journeyman/fringe domestic level fighter......he hasnt beaten a top 10 fighter for 4 years and his last menaningful fight ended in a draw and featured him losing consciousness.

To believe a sportsman is great without having proved it takes either a peculiar form of loyalty or plain hero worship.

The fight everyone keeps calling Joshua out on is the Martin fight....it's not his fault he held the belts..or Fury went into self destruct mode....

I wish fury had beaten Wilder, then he couldn't go back to fighting bums in his next fight....the career is short, once you are fighting top level fighters why go backwards??

He fought 2 bums after his "lay off" then fought the champion, fair play....but now it's back to shite....

I think it's Mick who has pointed out Arum is slowly bringing him into America and setting up the big fights (I might be wrong so apologies if so Mick).... but I'd say America knew exactly who he was when he was a gnats Dick away from beaten Wilder....

• Like 2

Again lads taking it very personal, promoters have to promote to make money for the fighters an themselves an boxing, fair fucks to all of them, yer not forced to pay, so I wouldn't be worrying to much.

What about the goat Artem trex arms lobov the Russian/Irish hammer beating that mallinagi in bare Knuckle!

Mcgregs definatley knocked f**k outa mallinagi then in the sparring for Mayweather.

Edited by Francie
3 minutes ago, Rusty_terrier said:

Paulie should have won that fight. Wasmt a robbery the pressure came from Lobov but paulie made him miss and was landing cleaner stuff.  Lot of people had it 3-2 to paulie.

The promoters want pressure fighting, a good scrap rusty not jab jab,I don't think Paulie strung a combination all night,  he ran away, were as lobov was going forward throwing 4 punch combos, they don't like that  jab jab crap, they want aggression an blood, an lobov provides that bud

Promoters sign fighters up as investments to make money for themselves and also to make money for the fighter and also nowadays for the Networks showing them if the fighter is top level/ppv worthy.Don King took it to the extreme robbing fighters terribly over the decades. King owed Ali $1.2 million and prolonged it through the courts for years until Ali accepted $50,00 out of court.Tyson sued King for $100 million what he had robbed from him,Tyson went bankrupt and had to settle out of court for $14 million. One of Kings tricks was to have fighters train at his gyms/camps and then bill them $7,500-$15,00 per day (small prints a bitch and also certain fighters only got the fights if they agreed to train at Kings gyms/camps).Norris was another robbed of millions and after prolonged court cases he also settled for 10s of thousands not millions. Now to today and there is more pressure on Promoters as they now have to answer to the Networks now show casing there fighters. Arum signed Fury up to an $80 million five fight deal which is money nobody on here will ever see unless a quadruple Euro lotto comes our way. Ok Fury needed an American backer to compete on level pegging whilst fighting over in America especially if he is to rematch Wilder so the deal suited him. Arum has invested heavily in Fury so simple business schematics come into play and Arum will match Fury accordingly to build up Furys profile to the wider American audience and then rematch him with Wilder which is exactly what this $80 million contract is all about, Arum will then win lose or draw see a return on his investment and hopefully for him a third Fury v Wilder fight.Hearn even before Joshua's loss was getting pressure from Dazn for not delivering the big fights up at Heavyweight which is as everybody knows where the monster money is. Now then who is going to benefit the most when Joshua immediately rematches Ruiz ? This rematch will be massive and good news for Hearn and Dazn hence why Joshua is going straight back in with Ruiz and with the same team behind him, makes you think why is he going straight back in instead of having a couple of warm up fights as advised by many trainers/fighters around the World ? Win or lose Hearn and Dazn can't lose as they have Whyte and Usyk sitting in mandatory slots for the WBO , IBF and maybe WBC belts (Whyte). Barry Hearn himself said they can no longer tie fighters to slave contracts !  Warren was sued for millions by Calzaghe, allegedly shot by Marsh over out standing money. Hearn has no morals and was behind both Fury getting stripped of the IBF belt and Saunders of the WBO belt,yet had the cheek to lobby the WBA WBO IBF IBO to not strip Ruiz of the belts recently won from Joshua as he is rematching him instead of Ruiz fighting the due mandatorys for the belts.Arum ripped Pacman off for millions over the years,Haymon has a stranglehold over American boxing and is perceived as the most powerful man in boxing,just look at what Wilder has got away with over the years avoiding mandatorys etc to fight lesser undeserving fighters.Promoters do make money for there fighters but with the sole aim of making money for themselves and there all the same but some worse than others.

Edited by MickC
  • Like 5
17 hours ago, maxhardcore said:

Erm ' this is not a promoter love in.

Im just pointing out most on here fell for fast eddies spiel re AJ hook line and sinker .

A few with a little bit Nous did not ?

Re Fury he dethroned Klitch in his own back yard.

And on a whim went into Wilders back yard and gave him a Boxing lesson after 3 years in the wilderness .

Taking a shot AJ would still be getting a count now from ?

Do you want me to post your real opinions on AJ and Fury again?

How do you "fall for Eddie's spiel" what is that even? I watched AJ from bout 1 since i watched him in the Olympics as did most i imagine. 

Let's get it right max you slated the f**k out of Fury until your nemesis picked a side you then went the other way that's the extent of your "nous" ??

• Like 3