Boxing At The Weekend...

7 hours ago, Francie said:

In the wider scheme of things why does folk take these boxers life an performances  to heart?

At the end of the day folk don't have to watch or pay for the fights, it's a choice.

I just can't understand the hate for these boxers, there out there earning a crust by fighting, have any of us folk had the balls or the will to do it 

Easy for armchair athletes to quickly put down these men, I think it must be jealously, actually it is jealously.

Dry your eyes an turn off if you don't like, calling boys bums cause they couldn't survive at the top,they'd spark out most on here,  not many survive at the top, hats off to the men that have tried.

Gone on to feck lads these bums put the time in have any of you.

Oh happy father's Day ?

Absolutely right great post that....you get these armchair critics on these forums that have no idea what the pressure of fighting another man in a fair fight is like yet have the audacity to make statements like " he quit "....people dont need to have tact on a forum they say the edgiest shit they can say yet have no real idea,interest or desire in a physical fight.

An old trainer once said something to me when i was a young man getting into trouble,having enemies etc....." The quickest way to make a friend of somebody is to have a fight with them ".....stuck with me for years those words.

• Like 2

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The THL fight club

f****n embarrassing the whole event !....now we're all going to have to listen to these mma divs saying their fighters can hang with pro boxers well played Fury you big melt ! And we're supposed

Joshua really is just a straight acting kid no frills and tassles he doesnt fall into all the silly stuff that is popular with fighters these days he has the mindset that if he is good enough he will

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Regardless of schwarz's world ranking, he fought, and looked, like an average journeyman going into his 5th pro fight, never mind his 25th pro fight. f***ing abysmal really. Anyone that was impressed by fury's win over him need a word with themselve's

It was a sales pitch mate....Bob Arum submitted a tender....nothing more.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, NEWSBOY said:

Never in my life seen anything like this hw division, worst boxing ever in the history of the sport. I always  liked fury and said he would be champion, but he along with aj and wilder aint worth shite.

I'm of the same opinion mate. To hear promoters etc rant about how exciting this crop of heavyweights are, well, I'm wondering who the f**k they are watching! Terrible era for heavyweights

• Like 1

Even if they are poorer than previous generations at least there's 3 or 4 at the top all roughly around the same ability but with different styles which makes it more interesting to watch. It's far better than watching the klitschos era when they went a decade without a challenge and were boring to watch. The only exciting fight that could of been made in that era was if they fought each other and that didn't even happen.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, jiggy said:

Even if they are poorer than previous generations at least there's 3 or 4 at the top all roughly around the same ability but with different styles which makes it more interesting to watch. It's far better than watching the klitschos era when they went a decade without a challenge and were boring to watch. The only exciting fight that could of been made in that era was if they fought each other and that didn't even happen.

25 minutes ago, NEWSBOY said:

Well thats a matter of opinion mate, vitali klitschko was not at all boring imo, very hard to beat, only lost to lewis with a bad cut, pulled out of another with injury, would have beat todays lot i think.

Today's heavyweights are shite compared with those of even just 20 years ago

1 hour ago, NEWSBOY said:

Well thats a matter of opinion mate, vitali klitschko was not at all boring imo, very hard to beat, only lost to lewis with a bad cut, pulled out of another with injury, would have beat todays lot i think.

It's more the lack of competetion that made it boring after Lewis left the picture 

3 minutes ago, Blackmag said:

Steady on lads max will be along to put you right fury is the best since Ali what with maxys  years of experience round a gym and the fight scene you need to wise up and listen 

You for real ? his singing better ?

3 hours ago, NEWSBOY said:

Never in my life seen anything like this hw division, worst boxing ever in the history of the sport. I always  liked fury and said he would be champion, but he along with aj and wilder aint worth shite.

See this is what I mean @gnasher16

Can you box @NEWSBOY

23 hours ago, maxhardcore said:

Obviously could see past  Fast eddies bullshit that you and plenty others fell for ?

In the land of the blind the cyclops is King lol

Open your eyes more instead of your mouth and you might just see.

I was going to use the phrase learn but that's asking too much BM lol ?

You are aware that Eddie Hearn is likely to be the greatest boxing promoter this country has ever had....he has taken the sport to its height of popularity in Britain and is now doing what Frank Warren couldnt.....B level fighters are now getting paid A level fighters money because of Eddie Hearn......ask any young British fighter who he would like to sign with and they will all say Hearn......you see boxing from an armchair critics viewpoint but for people actually involved as fighters/trainers/journeymen,even paying punters... Eddie Hearn is doing a fantastic job that no other British promoter has ever been capable of doing.

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 4