Boxing At The Weekend...

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The THL fight club

f****n embarrassing the whole event !....now we're all going to have to listen to these mma divs saying their fighters can hang with pro boxers well played Fury you big melt ! And we're supposed

Joshua really is just a straight acting kid no frills and tassles he doesnt fall into all the silly stuff that is popular with fighters these days he has the mindset that if he is good enough he will

Posted Images

Did anybody expect anything different ? Arum said when he signed Fury that he would get Fury known to the wider American audience with a couple of fights and then look to go back in for the Wilder rematch. That fight just shows the state of the current Heavyweight division tbh,Shwarz was the no2 ranked WBO fighter !

• Like 3

In the wider scheme of things why does folk take these boxers life an performances  to heart?

At the end of the day folk don't have to watch or pay for the fights, it's a choice.

I just can't understand the hate for these boxers, there out there earning a crust by fighting, have any of us folk had the balls or the will to do it 

Easy for armchair athletes to quickly put down these men, I think it must be jealously, actually it is jealously.

Dry your eyes an turn off if you don't like, calling boys bums cause they couldn't survive at the top,they'd spark out most on here,  not many survive at the top, hats off to the men that have tried.

Gone on to feck lads these bums put the time in have any of you.

Oh happy father's Day ?

Edited by Francie
  • Like 5

At end of the day Fury went in and did what he had to. He looked good and got the win and a bonus early stoppage,now onto the next fight. I know there are better fighters in the division than Schwarz but nice to see Fury sitting down on his punches and he does seem more effective when he fights as a southpaw.

4 hours ago, MickC said:

At end of the day Fury went in and did what he had to. He looked good and got the win and a bonus early stoppage,now onto the next fight. I know there are better fighters in the division than Schwarz but nice to see Fury sitting down on his punches and he does seem more effective when he fights as a southpaw.

yeh mick,  he did look lot better , and he moves well for big bloke. i know he fighting  poor quality  fighters, but as you say seems to getting bit more power in punches , as it showed.  i like to see him step up to say whyte  sombody  that level  . i think Aj may be out of the reckoning , with the rematch with Ruiz , dont think Aj get past him . So get Fury in among  Ruz  and Wilder , he give either few probs, wilder deff the most dangerous , so if Fury keeps fit, and active  with couple more fights, next year  going to be good for the heavyweight division , hope Aj   can bounce back ,  and make it that bit more interesting    with the  4 of them we soon find out .!

11 hours ago, maxhardcore said:

Was Charles Martin for the World Titles a contest ?

Was it fook

Was Gary Cornish a contest ?

Gavaran ?

and plenty others ,

Charles Martin was a fight for the World title he wasnt chosen....how else was he supposed to get the belt ?

Charles Martin is rated on boxrec at 17.

Tom Schwarz is rated on boxrec at 56.

Once a fighter has fought at world level he cant go back to fighting bouncers.....personally i think once a fighter breaks into the top 15 he shouldnt be allowed to fight opponents outside the top 15.....theres no competitive reason to do so.

• Like 2
6 hours ago, MickC said:

We can all sit down on our punches when theres no threat coming back..........Joshuas biggest fault is totally committing to his punches,some brawlers are like that the gamble they take on landing their shots is what makes them exciting to watch.....Fury is a safety first slap happy back handed jab merchant whos length and mobility keep him out of trouble....his sheer size,weight,reading of a fight and movement will be an issue for any opponent but you cant gauge anything when one of the top fighters in the world faces somebody like Schwarz....athletically Fury will gain nothing from that fight Schwarz sold his " 0 " cheaply and Fury mopped it up....i was actually waiting for Fury to give him a lollipop and pat him on the head at the end !

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
25 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Charles Martin was a fight for the World title he wasnt chosen....how else was he supposed to get the belt ?

Charles Martin is rated on boxrec at 17.

Tom Schwarz is rated on boxrec at 56.

Once a fighter has fought at world level he cant go back to fighting bouncers.....personally i think once a fighter breaks into the top 15 he shouldnt be allowed to fight opponents outside the top 15.....theres no competitive reason to do so.

Regardless of schwarz's world ranking, he fought, and looked, like an average journeyman going into his 5th pro fight, never mind his 25th pro fight. f***ing abysmal really. Anyone that was impressed by fury's win over him need a word with themselve's

Edited by shaaark