Boxing At The Weekend...

50 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Can I just ask, was anyone impressed by wilder on saturday night? Genuinely honest reasons why, if you were ?

Personally I don’t think there was that much to judge him on there apart from his undoubted power, but I think a more technical fighter will be the undoing of him as would someone who can take a good punch and fire back harder, once he smells blood he throws everything in but leaves himself wide open to a counter, but he is always going to be dangerous as he does carry the power to the last bell as he showed against fury ??

• Like 1

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The THL fight club

Just got back from my lads first fight.  Think I was more nervous than him!

f****n embarrassing the whole event !....now we're all going to have to listen to these mma divs saying their fighters can hang with pro boxers well played Fury you big melt ! And we're supposed

Posted Images

41 minutes ago, Greyman said:

Personally I don’t think there was that much to judge him on there apart from his undoubted power, but I think a more technical fighter will be the undoing of him as would someone who can take a good punch and fire back harder, once he smells blood he throws everything in but leaves himself wide open to a counter, but he is always going to be dangerous as he does carry the power to the last bell as he showed against fury ??

Pretty much the way I see it G. Like you say, as soon as he goes up against a fit, in form fighter, that is technically sound and has good power, it'll be the end of him ?

2 hours ago, shaaark said:

Can I just ask, was anyone impressed by wilder on saturday night? Genuinely honest reasons why, if you were ?

In a word.......no.

I thought Brezeale put up a pretty good show against Joshua and having not paid much attention to him since then i presumed he was doing ok to have got another shot......but good grief that was a schoolboy error letting an opponent who has tagged you 30 seconds previous have a free shot with your hands down and feet square it was an open goal for Wilder and proves nothing more than he has 1 punch power,which we already knew.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

In a word.......no.

I thought Brezeale put up a pretty good show against Joshua and having not paid much attention to him since then i presumed he was doing ok to have got another shot......but good grief that was a schoolboy error letting an opponent who has tagged you 30 seconds previous have a free shot with your hands down and feet square it was an open goal for Wilder and proves nothing more than he has 1 punch power,which we already knew.

Any idea who wilder's fighting next gnash?

9 minutes ago, MickC said:

Rumours are that Wilder is to rematch Ortiz next .

Ffs, why can't the fury rematch be made? Is it because neither of them want it, regardless of the bullshit they spew out about fighting the best etc etc?

8 hours ago, dytkos said:

Hughies on terrestrial TV on Saturday night.

Cheers, D.

I wish him all the best. He seems a decent enough spud..., maybe with the exception of the +ve test ?

It’s a shame that he’s Tyson’s cousin and got caught up in all the hype around him. Strip all that away and you’ve got a 24 year old British heavyweight, who’s had 23 pro fights, and only lost two decisions to decent opposition. 

By the time any of either AJ, Wilder or Tyson Fury meet each other, they’ll all be in their 30’s. Hughie Fury has time on his hands. I’d like to see him matched with the likes if Dubois, Joyce and even Gorman. None of the above are likely to get world title cracks any time soon, but some decent pay days for these ‘domestic’ fights to sort out who’s the best, and get them ready for the next level.

13 hours ago, shaaark said:

Ffs, why can't the fury rematch be made? Is it because neither of them want it, regardless of the bullshit they spew out about fighting the best etc etc?

Arum has stated he's keen to match Fury against Wilder after the Schwarz fight but don't know how negotiations have gone so far,at the worst Fury will rematch Wilder in the last fight of his contract,Arum will 100% be looking to match Fury with Wilder before the current contract runs out,thats the big money fight Arum cant miss out on. Its just gone round and round too long now and imo it should be Wilder v Joshua , that's the fight that has been waiting to happen the longest and its also for the undisputed title.Like mentioned numerous times in the threads on here its still just a waiting game unfortunately .

• Like 1

I just cant watch womens boxing that Irish birds decent but the rest are terrible its like womens football who wants to watch sport played badly just for the sake of pc.

And whos Chris Norrad is he a boxer !

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
9 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

I just cant watch womens boxing that Irish birds decent but the rest are terrible its like womens football who wants to watch sport played badly just for the sake of pc.

And whos Chris Norrad is he a boxer !

I’ve loads of respect for women who live the life and have the balls to get in the ring..., but as a spectacle it’s generally appalling. Like football it’s levels below the men’s game. Hopefully the viewing figures will bring TV companies to their senses and we’ll see a lot less of it. If not then I think we should have Andy Gray and Richard Keys do all the commentary ?