Boxing At The Weekend...

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The THL fight club

Joshua really is just a straight acting kid no frills and tassles he doesnt fall into all the silly stuff that is popular with fighters these days he has the mindset that if he is good enough he will

Just got back from my lads first fight.  Think I was more nervous than him!

Posted Images

On 23/04/2019 at 23:02, VOON said:

Ive said for a while now it wont be long until this is all out in the open it was always going to end up where so many people get caught it would have to be legalised....i think theres a fair argument to be had now for legalising steroids in certain sports its only really the moral aspect thats stopping it.

8 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

Ive said for a while now it wont be long until this is all out in the open it was always going to end up where so many people get caught it would have to be legalised....i think theres a fair argument to be had now for legalising steroids in certain sports its only really the moral aspect thats stopping it.

Which sports should allow steroids then Gnash? And how would one precipitant who does not take steroids keep the pace or compete with some who is taking a performance-enhancing drug? how do we keep a level playing field?   

11 minutes ago, delswal said:

Which sports should allow steroids then Gnash? And how would one precipitant who does not take steroids keep the pace or compete with some who is taking a performance-enhancing drug? how do we keep a level playing field?   

It would only be at top level sport of course....and only sports where its already rife......as for keeping a level playing field ive had my own theory for a while now but it will bore you silly ?

Edited by gnasher16

It would only be at top level sport of course....and only sports where its already rife......as for keeping a level playing field ive had my own theory for a while now but it will bore you silly ?

Thinking about it, I cannot think of a sport where there is a level playing field 

32 minutes ago, delswal said:

Thinking about it, I cannot think of a sport where there is a level playing field 

The playing field isnt level even amongst cheats though Del.....1 cheat can see far more benefit than his opponent whos cheating in exactly the same way !!

Everyones natural body hematocrit is different meaning the steroids 1 cheat takes can be utilised far better than those another cheat takes.....i believe that the top athletes in a sport could have their own biological passport that they cannot deviate from by more than say 5%....so all competitors could have a haemoglobin of say 16.5 for arguments sake and they can take as many Peds as they like providing their hematocrit is not outside the 5% tolerance....it would then mean that every athletes oxygen carrying capacities are the same for their own body type.....therefore everyone is getting the same benefit to the point that the playing field is perfectly level and physiology itself cannot win the race/fight.

There we go your bored silly now aint you ?

Edited by gnasher16

The playing field isnt level even amongst cheats though Del.....1 cheat can see far more benefit than his opponent whos cheating in exactly the same way !!

Everyones natural body haematocrit is different meaning the steroids 1 cheat takes can be utilised far better than those another cheat takes.....i believe that the top athletes in a sport could have their own biological passport that they cannot deviate from by more than say 5%....so all competitors could have a haemoglobin of say 16.5 for arguments sake and they can take as many Peds as they like providing their haematocrit is not outside the 5% tolerance....it would then mean that every athletes oxygen carrying capacities are the same for their own body type.....therefore everyone is getting the same benefit to the point that the playing field is perfectly level and physiology itself cannot win the race/fight.

There we go your bored silly now aint you ?

I cannot see many  sports governing bodies endorsing your ideas any time soon Ray lol as logical as they may seem don't hold ya breath lol

Dubois looked like the novice he is last night, Joyces lack of head/lateral movement would still make it an interesting fight though. Be interesting to see what changes Booth makes to Joyce now hes with him.Have to favour Joyce if the fight does come off with Dubois .

Edited by MickC
  • Like 1