Boxing At The Weekend...

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The THL fight club

Just got back from my lads first fight.  Think I was more nervous than him!

Joshua really is just a straight acting kid no frills and tassles he doesnt fall into all the silly stuff that is popular with fighters these days he has the mindset that if he is good enough he will

Posted Images

1 hour ago, dytkos said:

Khan will look ok for maybe 5 rounds then it'll all be downhill from there.

Cheers, D.

Think I agree with that D...it's the right weight for him though, it will be a tough night for Crawford I reckon....there's a lot of miles on Khans clock though, he's always taken tough fights fair play to him...

• Like 2

Wouldlnt disagree with mick that to date resume wise,Khan is crawfords best opponent 

but that's the thing about boxing,you can have fights that appear more competitive than they will be in all seriousness - if boxing wasn't so bad at making the right fights then we all know crawford has far more competitive fights out there for him 

anything can happen,Khan could have a great night or Crawford could have an off night,but for me despite resumes & past opponents the level of assertion & prescence in the ring between the two is miles apart - khans quick & he's slick,got plenty of skill but in the here & the now I don't think he's got nearly enough to beat bud

boxing is a lot about timing,and this is just bad timing for khan,as skilled as he is

• Like 1

I dont really follow foreign fighters or Yank fighters very much but having seen Crawford fight a couple of times i would imagine this will probably put the lid on Khans career i dont think he has that many miles on the clock as the ko,s he has suffered have been quick brutal knockouts rather than sustained beatings but i just dont think he has the structure or reflexes for a hard fight anymore.

4 hours ago, Billy b said:

Wouldlnt disagree with mick that to date resume wise,Khan is crawfords best opponent 

but that's the thing about boxing,you can have fights that appear more competitive than they will be in all seriousness - if boxing wasn't so bad at making the right fights then we all know crawford has far more competitive fights out there for him 

anything can happen,Khan could have a great night or Crawford could have an off night,but for me despite resumes & past opponents the level of assertion & prescence in the ring between the two is miles apart - khans quick & he's slick,got plenty of skill but in the here & the now I don't think he's got nearly enough to beat bud

boxing is a lot about timing,and this is just bad timing for khan,as skilled as he is

Khan admitted that being a millionaire at 19 and having the early success in his career with a few notable wins/belts made him feel like he was already up there,Virgil Hunter has grounded him now but is certainly to late in his career. Like I say id love to see him have one last hurrah and pull the win off over Crawford but it could well be like gnash says his last fight. Even if he did win id like to see him retire rather than fight on or even worse give Brook the fight he has been craving for,Brook should be looking to take title holders on instead of basically begging Khan for a career defining payday imo .

Edited by MickC
  • Like 4
41 minutes ago, MickC said:

Khan admitted that being a millionaire at 19 and having the early success in his career with a few notable wins/belts made him feel like he was already up there,Virgil Hunter has grounded him now but is certainly to late in his career. Like I say id love to see him have one last hurrah and pull the win off over Crawford but it could well be like gnash says his last fight. Even if he did win id like to see him retire rather than fight on or even worse give Brook the fight he has been craving for,Brook should be looking to take title holders on instead of basically begging Khan for a career defining payday imo .

Think if he did pull off the miracle and stop bud, spence the boogie man could well be his next fight and he don’t really need no part of that, like has been said before some people need protecting from there selves, we all like to think we have one last roll of the dice in us even when others can see its over ??

• Like 1
6 hours ago, dytkos said:

Glad I'm at work watching the Khan fight  and didn't pay for it ?

TKO to Crawford cos he caught Amir in the nuts after having him over in the first round.

Cheers, D.

Although I think enough is enough and Khan did not show anything to make me think he should relaunch his hopes of being a champion, bud crawford rated by many as the p4p goat did not look that great either considering he was fighting a has been with a glass chin, think the biggest winner was Errol spence jr as He now knows he,s the best of that bunch by a way ✌️✌️✌️

• Like 3