Boxing At The Weekend...

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The THL fight club

Joshua really is just a straight acting kid no frills and tassles he doesnt fall into all the silly stuff that is popular with fighters these days he has the mindset that if he is good enough he will

Just got back from my lads first fight.  Think I was more nervous than him!

Posted Images

Good night of boxing at the Copperbox saturday night little Charlie Edwards shouldnt have too much trouble...looking forward to seeing Buatsi again,and the big one for me a local dust up between Okolie and Wadi Camacho he,s a smashing lad Wadi who never quite fulfilled his early potential and now starting to show signs of getting punchy if he,s going to get beat i hope its early on but he,s a gutsy lad and will give it a go id love him to pull it off but cant see it.

Jason Quigley a undefeated lad from over here is on that bill as well, fought his first pile of fights in America under golden boy, but back over this side now training with the ingle camp. Be interesting to see how he gets when he steps it up a bit. 

Edited by Liamboy
  • Like 1
20 hours ago, Billy b said:

Charlie Edwards is a decent fighter,okolie was absolutely awful last time out so hopefully he brings a bit more to the dance this time - would like camacho to win it but I too,can't see it 

He,s playing a risky game at the moment part of me hopes he gets knocked out in the first round it may be the only way he comes out of the fight game intact unfortunately.Camacho that is.

Edited by gnasher16
On 21/03/2019 at 23:15, gnasher16 said:

Good night of boxing at the Copperbox saturday night little Charlie Edwards shouldnt have too much trouble...looking forward to seeing Buatsi again,and the big one for me a local dust up between Okolie and Wadi Camacho he,s a smashing lad Wadi who never quite fulfilled his early potential and now starting to show signs of getting punchy if he,s going to get beat i hope its early on but he,s a gutsy lad and will give it a go id love him to pull it off but cant see it.

If you can see signs of him getting punchy youngster ,then what are those around him doing letting him fight ? 

I feel a bit silly here because I don't know anything about the lad or his circumstances ,but ffs if it's clear he's heading that way ,then surely someone ,medical ,management ,family ,friends ,promoters ,trainers should try to stop him .

1 hour ago, gnasher16 said:

He,s playing a risky game at the moment part of me hopes he gets knocked out in the first round it may be the only way he comes out of the fight game intact unfortunately.Camacho that is.

Yes would be better to see him out quickly than take a sustained beating,a game fighter & I wish him well for the future,

1 hour ago, Astanley said:

If you can see signs of him getting punchy youngster ,then what are those around him doing letting him fight ? 

I feel a bit silly here because I don't know anything about the lad or his circumstances ,but ffs if it's clear he's heading that way ,then surely someone ,medical ,management ,family ,friends ,promoters ,trainers should try to stop him .

Because he,s passing his scans mate....how do you talk a headstrong determined lad out of fighting he,ll just go somewhere else....its a conversation ive had with a couple of lads and neither time did it end well i have no problem risking friendship with anyone if i think it needs to be said but the obvious answer they come back with is they are passing medicals Dementia Pugilistica develops over time you can show early signs of it while still passing brain scans.

• Like 1

Comes back to what I said the other day about a true fighter needing saving from themselves,as they will always believe they can fight & will never say enough.but as gnasher says even when good people try & guide them out of these situations it can cause rows & sometimes they just go elsewhere,it's a hard one.

58 minutes ago, Rusty_terrier said:

Buatsi is no joke eh. Him and joe cordina are the best ofthe next gen fighters hearn are bringing through 

Buatsi to me goes about his work like a man who's genuinely trying to get the job done,a lot more meaning & intention in his shots compared to okolie - cordina is a good fighter yes ?