Boxing At The Weekend...

48 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

I hate to talk bad of any ex fighter but old man Eubank really is a repugnant geezer i used to know his brother Simon many years back who was also a fighter i remember him telling me that Chris used to talk like any other scrappy lad out of Peckham but when he went to America as a young boxer he would listen to posh yanks on the radio in his 10 dollar a night bedsit and decided to start talking like them and market this image of an upper class toff......what an absolute mug !

It worked for him though, man took his breaks, fair play.

Cheers, D.

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The THL fight club

Joshua really is just a straight acting kid no frills and tassles he doesnt fall into all the silly stuff that is popular with fighters these days he has the mindset that if he is good enough he will

Just got back from my lads first fight.  Think I was more nervous than him!

Posted Images

2 hours ago, socks said:

2 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

Id like Degale to win simply because he,s trained by Jimmy Mcdonnell but i cant help but think it would be a tragedy if the kid Eubank doesnt reach the highest level of the sport i dont think ive ever seen a fighter more naturally blessed to be a fighter he is a fantastic physical specimen,has the old mans strength and i wouldnt mind betting he,s game to the last......but his father has totally ruined him from the off in my opinion and if the fathers ego ends up costing the son a good career it will be a terrible shame for a lad who im told is a decent kid.

I was under the impression he has something wrong with his elbows and can't fully straighten his arms so can't jab properly etc? My mate has it his arms still bent when it's extended he always threw and punched like a girl

2 hours ago, socks said:

2 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

Id like Degale to win simply because he,s trained by Jimmy Mcdonnell but i cant help but think it would be a tragedy if the kid Eubank doesnt reach the highest level of the sport i dont think ive ever seen a fighter more naturally blessed to be a fighter he is a fantastic physical specimen,has the old mans strength and i wouldnt mind betting he,s game to the last......but his father has totally ruined him from the off in my opinion and if the fathers ego ends up costing the son a good career it will be a terrible shame for a lad who im told is a decent kid.

I was under the impression he has something wrong with his elbows and can't fully straighten his arms so can't jab properly etc? My mate has it his arms still bent when it's extended he always threw and punched like a girl