Boxing At The Weekend...

5 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Similar feelings about it all now to me really. Haven't followed boxing in general anywhere near as much as I used to. But  nowadays, I'm not just finding it tedious, but bewildering and silly as well, and putting me off from trying to follow it. 

Dont get me wrong i still have as much enthusiasm for the sport as ever.....a fight is a fight at the end of the day and the fight is what ive always loved about boxing.....the politics we dont really need to know about and personally i think it was better when we didnt.

• Like 1

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The THL fight club

Joshua really is just a straight acting kid no frills and tassles he doesnt fall into all the silly stuff that is popular with fighters these days he has the mindset that if he is good enough he will

f****n embarrassing the whole event !....now we're all going to have to listen to these mma divs saying their fighters can hang with pro boxers well played Fury you big melt ! And we're supposed

Posted Images

I think boxing is more enjoyable when you strip it down to its bare bones,two men in the ring & having a fight & may the best man win,simple as that, if it's a good & well-matched domestic punch up I will take that over a world level fight with all the telly backing at a fancy venue & huge interest,but deep down you know what the outcome of the fight will be..... 

Agree there's always bin tricks of the trade where promoters are concerned,but today with it being out in the open it causes all sorts of bizarre rows.....you get heated rows over what Eddie said or frank said or whoever on some forums,where in reality it f**king doesn't matter if your not heavily invested in the fight from a professional standpoint,which of course they aren't,even if someone's got a bet on it still doesn't matter...I get frustrated at times with all the to'ing &fro'ing between promoters but only cos I enjoy fights happening that should be happening....but on a serious level I don't care as the main point for me is good fights,nowadays to some lemons if you don't know who phoned or emailed who "behind the scenes"? You are a "casual" who has no right to discuss boxing?‍♂️?

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, lurcherman 887 said:

Its getting like wwf now. The bare knuckle scene is getting really popular now.  But not the ones that arsehole courtney arranges 

It's really took off?And rightly so. Lots of ex pros & ex mma chaps, and some fantastic scraps,  Tyler goodjohn vs Tony lafferty & the other fight he had v marc Navarro were quality

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, Billy b said:

I think boxing is more enjoyable when you strip it down to its bare bones,two men in the ring & having a fight & may the best man win,simple as that, if it's a good & well-matched domestic punch up I will take that over a world level fight with all the telly backing at a fancy venue & huge interest,but deep down you know what the outcome of the fight will be..... 

Agree there's always bin tricks of the trade where promoters are concerned,but today with it being out in the open it causes all sorts of bizarre rows.....you get heated rows over what Eddie said or frank said or whoever on some forums,where in reality it f**king doesn't matter if your not heavily invested in the fight from a professional standpoint,which of course they aren't,even if someone's got a bet on it still doesn't matter...I get frustrated at times with all the to'ing &fro'ing between promoters but only cos I enjoy fights happening that should be happening....but on a serious level I don't care as the main point for me is good fights,nowadays to some lemons if you don't know who phoned or emailed who "behind the scenes"? You are a "casual" who has no right to discuss boxing?‍♂️?

I couldnt agree more thats a great post...the most enjoyable thing about boxing for me these days is watching a young local lad carve out a career in the sport.....if he gets to the level where he is fighting for a British title im made up.......if he then gets to the level where he is fighting for a world title then as fantastic as that is for him its where my interest in him starts to dwindle.

The glitz and glamour of multi million pound showbiz boxing doesnt hold my interest because you start to lose the purity of what a fighter essentially is.....the hunger and determination of a young prospect competing in a tough sport is what does it for me....each to their own though.

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
8 minutes ago, Bundy89 said:

You say that but the most glamorous fighter of all Mayweather is probably one of the most hungry to ever lace the gloves up.

Are you overlooking the likes of sugar ray leonard etc? As good as mayweather is, I personally don't think that anyone that's born into boxing from the son of a famous boxer, is as hungry as those that aren't. My personal opinion ?

Edited by shaaark
32 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

I couldnt agree more thats a great post...the most enjoyable thing about boxing for me these days is watching a young local lad carve out a career in the sport.....if he gets to the level where he is fighting for a British title im made up.......if he then gets to the level where he is fighting for a world title then as fantastic as that is for him its where my interest in him starts to dwindle.

The glitz and glamour of multi million pound showbiz boxing doesnt hold my interest because you start to lose the purity of what a fighter essentially is.....the hunger and determination of a young prospect competing in a tough sport is what does it for me....each to their own though.

agree here?Nothing can compare to a game,young & hungry fighter who loves & breathes the sport & although he does earn out of the sport, stands mainly to lose his pride if beaten...

51 minutes ago, Rusty_terrier said:

Lives and fights out of glasgow amd does a good job of it . Good enough for me. Thats why i like boxing stuff like this isnt an issue. Like folk consider lennox lewis british yet he was allowed to represent canada

Born and bred in  London to Jamaican parents and then moved to Canada when he was 12,he can't help where his mother wanted to move to . He does have dual English/Canadian nationality although he has always considered himself British. Unlike Mo Farah born in Mogadishu Somalia , Britains most successful track athlete in modern Olympic Games history ? .

Edited by MickC
  • 2 weeks later...