Boxing At The Weekend...

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The THL fight club

Joshua really is just a straight acting kid no frills and tassles he doesnt fall into all the silly stuff that is popular with fighters these days he has the mindset that if he is good enough he will

f****n embarrassing the whole event !....now we're all going to have to listen to these mma divs saying their fighters can hang with pro boxers well played Fury you big melt ! And we're supposed

Posted Images

11 hours ago, Rusty_terrier said:

Good card that on sky. cheeseman is another sam eggington.  Just fit and tough. Could land him in serious bother fighting like that 

I was really disappointed in Teds performance last night he can box so much better than that.....he,s one of these lads thats too tough for their own good and has so much confidence in his chin he thinks he can just walk through an opponent he,s been like it since a kid,yet as a kid he won a bunch of aba titles which proves he has the ability.....hopefully its just a bump in the road and he can learn from it.

• Like 1
45 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

I was really disappointed in Teds performance last night he can box so much better than that.....he,s one of these lads thats too tough for their own good and has so much confidence in his chin he thinks he can just walk through an opponent he,s been like it since a kid,yet as a kid he won a bunch of aba titles which proves he has the ability.....hopefully its just a bump in the road and he can learn from it.

Yes he is more than just a take one to land one fighter isn't he..

think he had trouble with garcias left hook, and he had a bit of bother with his range ab getting his punches off cleanly, which was down to the way Garcia fought 

hes young fit n strong & will come again imo, has plenty going for him,, just needs to think about what he's doing, with a bit of thought he will go far 

like to see him vs Anthony fowler 

Edited by Billy b
21 hours ago, Billy b said:

Yeah got to stay focus and be sensible for time being, he's a decent prospect but like you say he's got to focus on his level for now, loma is far too much him, I suspect he's trying to get he's name out there

i can't stick him or Danny garcias father ? Yeah they ain't no good to them, do more harm than good

He,s off already, thought Lopez should have been throwing more combinations rather than just looking for the one big shot, it’s another win but didn’t really show much ?

1 hour ago, Greyman said:

He,s off already, thought Lopez should have been throwing more combinations rather than just looking for the one big shot, it’s another win but didn’t really show much ?

Yes, doesn't hurt to show variety does it mate, takes more than that big shot to be world class 

do rate lopez though 

his father was never going to be any different was he ? 

Im pleased kovalev won too,, I thought he was done aswel, which was a shame as I've always liked kovalev, so was good to see him win, good luck to him ?

• Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, shaaark said:

WBC have ordered breazeale to fight whyte next, to determine who will be mandatory for wilder.

Thought breazeale was already his mandatory, or does that go out the window once you take a voluntary? 

Poor f****r it seems Dillian Whyte has to run through brick walls to get a title shot yet a guy like Fury gets given them without ever having had to fight a top contender !

• Like 3
1 hour ago, gnasher16 said:

Poor f****r it seems Dillian Whyte has to run through brick walls to get a title shot yet a guy like Fury gets given them without ever having had to fight a top contender !

Think that's the way it goes in pro boxing you either have the backing or become a journey man and take the loose change.

I enjoy the aba shows personally a mate has coached a good lad who has just turned pro his name is Bryce Goodridge I hope it all goes well for him.

Whyte does deserve a title shot but also some of his decisions have stopped him getting a title shot.Refusing to fight Pulev for IBF mandatory slot and also refusing to fight Ortiz for the WBC mandatory slot did not help his case and he also had the Joshua fight but wanted more money. Whyte is also in the WBO no1 position at the moment but once Usyk confirms he is moving up to Heavyweight he will be installed immediately as the WBO mandatory,bit hard on Whyte tbf. At least the Whyte v Brezeale winner will be the WBC mandatory. As for Fury he got lucky and Wilder chose him as a voluntary thinking he was not ready after the long layoff and only two poor comeback fights under his belt.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

In a fair sport Mick a fighter should have to fight his way to the big fights....unfortunately boxing has never been about fairness.

Would you agree Gnash that the big Promoters have to much say in the game now ? It does seem strange on Whytes part mind to refuse a fight with Joshua with four titles on the line to go and fight Brezeale just to become WBC mandatory .

15 hours ago, shaaark said:

WBC have ordered breazeale to fight whyte next, to determine who will be mandatory for wilder.

Thought breazeale was already his mandatory, or does that go out the window once you take a voluntary? 

Breazeale has been wbc mandatory challenger since nov 17 mate,but he agreed to back the wbcs decision to try & get a fight made between Anthony Joshua & deontay wilder sometime in 2018 & at the same time he agreed to accept wbcs sanctioning of a voluntary defense of the champ against Tyson fury,which obviously took place dec 18

after the wbcs meeting,all roads led to a rematch between fury/wilder,but they also agreed to keep things running how they should,so they've got breazeale back in rightful position of wbc Mando but fighting for the "interim" belt v Whyte...

chatter about dough for each man has begun & if no one can agree it'll go to purse bids on march19 

• Like 2
6 hours ago, MickC said:

Would you agree Gnash that the big Promoters have to much say in the game now ? It does seem strange on Whytes part mind to refuse a fight with Joshua with four titles on the line to go and fight Brezeale just to become WBC mandatory .

I dont think big promoters are doing anything they havent always done the only difference is its all up front now !....all the jostling for position and manipulation of rankings was done behind closed doors,people think Eddie Hearn is bad but he couldnt hold a candle to Mickey Duff,Mike Barret,Jarvis Astaire from the past they were getting world title fights for English fighters when America was the be all and end all of the boxing world.....now England is where its at.....but due to social media and the times we live in boxing politics is totally transparent now,Mickey Duff was like the godfather of British boxing politics but he very rarely gave an interview as it was all hush hush... today you just have to go on Youtube to listen to Hearn or Warren to get the latest news.....personally i find it all a bit tedious and i dont follow it very much but its meant that people with absolutely no understanding or experience of the sport suddenly have a voice and opinion as they can keep up to date at the touch of a button.

Did Whyte make a mistake refusing the Joshua purse ?.....yes,if he thinks he cant beat him.

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

I dont think big promoters are doing anything they havent always done the only difference is its all up front now !....all the jostling for position and manipulation of rankings was done behind closed doors,people think Eddie Hearn is bad but he couldnt hold a candle to Mickey Duff,Mike Barret,Jarvis Astaire from the past they were getting world title fights for English fighters when America was the be all and end all of the boxing world.....now England is where its at.....but due to social media and the times we live in boxing politics is totally transparent now,Mickey Duff was like the godfather of British boxing politics but he very rarely gave an interview as it was all hush hush... today you just have to go on Youtube to listen to Hearn or Warren to get the latest news.....personally i find it all a bit tedious and i dont follow it very much but its meant that people with absolutely no understanding or experience of the sport suddenly have a voice and opinion as they can keep up to date at the touch of a button.

Did Whyte make a mistake refusing the Joshua purse ?.....yes,if he thinks he cant beat him.

Similar feelings about it all now to me really. Haven't followed boxing in general anywhere near as much as I used to. But  nowadays, I'm not just finding it tedious, but bewildering and silly as well, and putting me off from trying to follow it.