Boxing At The Weekend...

1 minute ago, Rusty_terrier said:

No shame he looked for the easiest route. 

Easiest route lol, he could have stayed in the UK with all the perks and went through Hearns stable instead he went straight after Wilder when a fight between Wilder and AJ could not be made. Dillian Whyte ??  The  same fighter who went life and death with Chisora and was very lucky to get the nod, a fighter Fury comfortably dealt with not once but twice. What would I know im a Fury fan so im an idiot !

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The THL fight club

Joshua really is just a straight acting kid no frills and tassles he doesnt fall into all the silly stuff that is popular with fighters these days he has the mindset that if he is good enough he will

Just got back from my lads first fight.  Think I was more nervous than him!

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Rusty_terrier said:

He took the easiest route to a title shot. Let's face it. Frank offered him 2 cans there for the taking then his title shot . Hearn offered him real fights before a title shot and he wasnt willing to risk getting beat and never getting the shot at all. 

That all depends on how you look at it,Wilder is limited but the biggest puncher in the division. Hearn wanted to ease him back fighting lesser fighters then onto his marquee fighters, more than likely froze out as long as possible but we know Fury has a problem staying motivated. Should Fury win it opens the door for the AJ fight which will be the biggest fight in British History. We will know soon enough  and hopefully the winner does get the AJ fight in 2019 .

16 hours ago, maxhardcore said:

How long did it take them to strip Fury of a Belt to give who was his name it ????? So AJ could wipe the floor with the mug just so he had a belt for bargaining power.

There is a interview out there somewhere where it's suggested some MMA promoter could be lineing up a fight for AJ at MMA where he would be paid 500 mill

His expression and response said it all to me.

Its all about the money with Fast Eddie and AJ and the punters are falling for it hook line and sinker.

I wish Fast Eddie was my promoter ????????

Fury fans always whine that he was robbed of the IBF belt so it could be handed to AJ. I don’t know if it was or not but if Glazkov was mandatory for the IBF strap and had to wait whilst Klitschko fought a voluntary opponent in Fury (WBO mandatory)  then he shouldn’t then have to wait again for the rematch, so Fury had to fight him to defend the belt next. Once Fury stated he would honour the rematch clause and fight Klitschko again then they stripped him. They would have had to do the same to Klitschko if he had fought anyone but Glazkov next.  Sick of having to listen to Fury’s fans making excuses for the way his career has gone.

The +ve test, the lifestyle choices, the piss poor management team..., yet apparently it’s all the fault of the establishment not wanting him. Boo fcuking hoo. 

Fury might be the best heavy on the planet, I personally think he’ll make Wilder look stupid. He might be too much for AJ. Fact is we’d already know if he hadn’t fcuked it all up and spent 3 years out. That’s nobodies fault but his own.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, pesky1972 said:

I wish Fast Eddie was my promoter ????????

Fury fans always whine that he was robbed of the IBF belt so it could be handed to AJ. I don’t know if it was or not but if Glazkov was mandatory for the IBF strap and had to wait whilst Klitschko fought a voluntary opponent in Fury (WBO mandatory)  then he shouldn’t then have to wait again for the rematch, so Fury had to fight him to defend the belt next. Once Fury stated he would honour the rematch clause and fight Klitschko again then they stripped him. They would have had to do the same to Klitschko if he had fought anyone but Glazkov next.  Sick of having to listen to Fury’s fans making excuses for the way his career has gone.

The +ve test, the lifestyle choices, the piss poor management team..., yet apparently it’s all the fault of the establishment not wanting him. Boo fcuking hoo. 

Fury might be the best heavy on the planet, I personally think he’ll make Wilder look stupid. He might be too much for AJ. Fact is we’d already know if he hadn’t fcuked it all up and spent 3 years out. That’s nobodies fault but his own.

But when it was ajs turn for a ibf mandatory  in the same circumstancesthey never stripped him that wasn’t on 

Wasn't AJ lined up to fight the ibf mandatory, Pulev, but he Pulev pulled out at the last minute?

I agree Max that AJ hasn't fought abroad yet but he hasn't needed to. He isn't chasing anything, he has the belts and it's for people to take them from him. If Fury had all the belts again would he be taking them to Germany and LA? He is going there to bring them back.

Flip side is Fury has never had to fight in front of 80,000 of his own fans and have the weight of all that expectation!

I like this thread, always interesting discussion with the differnling views and opinions. Fury is always going to divide opinions that's for sure!

Personally I think Fury beats wilder all day long. I think Wilder has a punchers chance against fury.

Whoever wins I'm not sure a fight with AJ will be made without the governing bodies stepping in. Both Wilder and Fury would be wanting a 50/50 split I'd say but would only be bringing one belt. I think 70/30 Is more realistic with a rematch clause having the reverse split.

As much as I'm not a massive Fury fan and I am an AJ fan, I think Fury beats Wilder and AJ aswell if it's a boxing match.

Let’s just hope that 2019 is the year that we see who really is the best heavyweight out there between AJ ,Fury and wilder and then it will prove who speaks the most shite on here about boxing ...there’s a few contenders!

• Like 1
45 minutes ago, maxhardcore said:

Watched a documentary on YouTube last night about Tommy Morrison.

Interesting'

I think The Duke would of outgunned AJ ?????

Felt for him at the end mind he was ravaged on his death bed.

Seen that myself and when he signed with don king for a 5 fight comeback and 1 against Mike Tyson but he got beat then got medically discharged from boxing due to hiv, he held his own against foreman too

20 minutes ago, MIK said:

Let’s just hope that 2019 is the year that we see who really is the best heavyweight out there between AJ ,Fury and wilder and then it will prove who speaks the most shite on here about boxing ...there’s a few contenders!

I think the better fight to watch will be aj v wilder due to the ko power where I think fury is a distance man

4 hours ago, maxhardcore said:

Watched a documentary on YouTube last night about Tommy Morrison.

Interesting'

I think The Duke would of outgunned AJ ?????

Felt for him at the end mind he was ravaged on his death bed.

Have you seen this documentary Max ? As an amateur from 1985-1988 he had 290 wins 21 losses with 260 kos. However its now came to light that Morrison admitted he was hiv+ from 1989 but Kept it quiet ? until 1996 when he did fail the test. So that means he was hiv+ for every fight he had apart from his first two bouts in 1988. 

Edited by MickC
4 hours ago, MIK said:

il tell you what i think , right now fury would beat AJ , can you tell me why fury as bought in a new trainer  so close to the fight , i don't care how good the trainer is the only thing it can do is confuse fury , i would say its called mind games , fury knows he's going to lose , with heavy weights anything can happen so i could be wrong, but i doubt it

Its mentioned on another forum that its not a change of trainer but that because John Fury cant get into America like Peter, there was a space in Furys Team. As Roach had been so welcoming and accomodating to Team Fury as an act of courtesy Tyson asked Roach if he would be the cut man for him. It cant be a bad thing having Roach in his corner with all his big fight experience and he is an attack fosused trainer so as Tyson is going to need to get Wilder to respect him early on his advice could be very important. Heres a bit from BN24 from an interview with Fury, decent interview to be fair from Fury .

https://www.boxingnews24.com/2018/11/fury-vs-wilder-tyson-fury-interview-transcript/

Edited by MickC
37 minutes ago, MickC said:

Its mentioned on another forum that its not a change of trainer but that because John Fury cant get into America like Peter, there was a space in Furys Team. As Roach had been so welcoming and accomodating to Team Fury as an act of courtesy Tyson asked Roach if he would be the cut man for him. It cant be a bad thing having Roach in his corner with all his big fight experience and he is an attack fosused trainer so as Tyson is going to need to get Wilder to respect him early on his advice could be very important. Heres a bit from BN24 from an interview with Fury, decent interview to be fair from Fury .

https://www.boxingnews24.com/2018/11/fury-vs-wilder-tyson-fury-interview-transcript/

yeh  not bad interview  that,  think he beat wilder , unless he runs out steam, if that happens  money on wilder .