Boxing At The Weekend...

6 hours ago, MickC said:

Aj and his team have no intention of fighting Wilder or Fury anytime soon. Mcracken already said that AJ is not ready  for Wilder yet and everytime AJ is asked if hes going to fight one of them he cant give a straight answer. Wilder Fury and Joshua are the three top heavyweights but only two of them are wanting to face each other to see who the best one is at this moment in time.Wilder has no fan base and so its Fury who is the one who might lift the promotion with the ppv sales for there fight, hopefully the ppv figures are good so that Hearn can not hide behind lowball offers for the winner to face AJ . Wilder is the WBC champion so could have fought AJ next no problem as a unification fight holds precedence over defending against mandatorys,plus AJ has just defended against Povetkin who was his mandatory thats why he has a free slot for April so hence hasn't named who he is fighting yet. AJ has three of the four main belts including a fourth the lesser known IBO belt,the only belt he hasn't got is the WBC belt that Wilder currently has. Wilder has gambled by taking on Fury hoping he is not as ready as he could be after only two comeback fights to raise his profile should he win and also give him more bargaining power for an AJ fight. Fury has took the Wilder fight with the intention of if he wins he will jump the queue to face AJ.

Joshua to fight Ortiz in April with a unification fight in the summer if the Wilder??

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The THL fight club

f****n embarrassing the whole event !....now we're all going to have to listen to these mma divs saying their fighters can hang with pro boxers well played Fury you big melt ! And we're supposed

Just got back from my lads first fight.  Think I was more nervous than him!

Posted Images

7 hours ago, ryaldinhio said:

I think ur right bird, the thing with usyk in the fights I have seen is he gets hit. In the last one Bellew caught him with half a dozen good ones. That's the difference with Heavy weight when he steps up, I don't doubt his boxing skills and with his speed and accuracy he could out box most of em but if he gets hit square on the jaw properly by AJ, wilder, whyte, chisora etc he will be out of there. 

Don't know why everyone says it's a poor division currently I think it's bang on. Heavy weight has been boring for last 15 years, finally getting some interest back to it.

Just saw on YouTube that the British boxing board has ordered dubious to fight Gorman next and joe Joyce to fight hughie fury, so as you say the division is in good shape and Britain has the talent to unify and retain the belt for some years to come I,m really looking forward to dubious v Gorman as I think the winner will go on to be a real prospect, my money is on dubious but Gorman is very skilled so some good fights to look forward to ?

• Like 1

Check all the AJ haters. He’s ‘ducking’ fighters ? He’s fought a unification and a mandatory this year ffs..., and his record stacks up better than Wilder’s 40 and nobody.., and better than Fury’s one fight wonder career. Who has Fury fought since Klitschko?

And the sniping at Hearn.., all just jealousy. If you could generate hundreds of millions from a fight why the fcuk wouldn’t you?? Football analogy would be an 80k England sell out at Wembley against San Marino. Would you give them half the gate and TV money?

For what it’s worth I think AJ could fight both next year. Will he win? There’s only one way we’re all of us ever finding out ?

He,s got some great skill but I just think he,s a bit small and dubious is a beast, even though a lot of people slammed him for his last fight because he never got the early Finnish, Kevin Johnson was several stone heavier than when he fought Joshua and came with the sole intention of surviving as opposed to fighting playing turtle on the ropes for 12 rounds, but I thought dubious stayed calm  changed his game plan and fought well for a full 12 which for a big lad was good to see, I do think he will be the man to beat the man in the next few years ?

11 minutes ago, maxhardcore said:

How long did it take them to strip Fury of a Belt to give who was his name it ????? So AJ could wipe the floor with the mug just so he had a belt for bargaining power.

There is a interview out there somewhere where it's suggested some MMA promoter could be lineing up a fight for AJ at MMA where he would be paid 500 mill

His expression and response said it all to me.

Its all about the money with Fast Eddie and AJ and the punters are falling for it hook line and sinker.

Personally I much prefer the 130/160 divisions myself lots of good stuff going on and loads of decent up and comings vying for the top spots, tank Davies,farmer,Lopez,  loma, Crawford,spence, the many Garcia,s, Canelo, ggg, Andrade and the Charlos to name a few and as they don't earn like heavy,s tend to fight more regular the odd heavyweight bout is just a bonus with the exception of the last hughie fury fight during which I almost lost the will to live ✌️

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
3 hours ago, maxhardcore said:

If boxing is all about the money and not about a champion having to fight the next best man out there then the game is on the slippery slope.

Mugs and their money are easily parted?

times were in Max. those days of  fighters wanting to beat the best is long gone it seems. (in most Cases im must say) of course fighters and promoters want to make as much as they can after all it a very short career.

im looking forward to this fight though and do hope T. Fury can get the win. will make things very interesting how the promoters go about business? how could Hern duck out of it?

6 hours ago, pesky1972 said:

Check all the AJ haters. He’s ‘ducking’ fighters ? 

If that is aimed at me Im far from a hater, I want to see the best fight the best all I stated is the facts, are you saying what I posted is wrong ? Big Promoters have too much say in boxing today and look after there fighters accordingly. Wilder is looked after by the most powerful man in Boxing in Al Haymon, Wilder won the title from a Haymon fighter and every defence he has made has been against a Haymon fighter, Fury has more to worry about getting the win over Wilder than just fighting him. Hearns biggest money maker is AJ and hes looked after the same.Wilder has pursued a fight with AJ for a couple of years now so Hearn, to let fans think they are interested offered him 10 million to fight AJ in the UK, for a fight in Hearns own words that could generate 100 million lol. Wilders team Haymon/Finkel called his bluff and replied with an offer of 50 million to fight Wilder in America, Hearns reply was that it was a bogus offer lol. Lennox Lewis has openly slated AJ for turning down this offer and not taking a fight with Wilder for the winner to be called undisputed Champion. AJ has done well but lets not forget, the only reason he got the opportunity to fight for those belts was because Fury beat Wlad in his own back yard to dethrone the long standing champion and take the belts and Furys breakdown left all those belts vacant. The road to Furys  breakdown began when the IBF stripped Tyson less than two weeks after defeating Wlad ( despite taking the sanctioning fees) as he was going to rematch Wlad,the fledgling team around Fury and Fury himself quite rightly stated that nobody wanted him as champion and this got to Fury and he fell apart. The vacant IBF belt was contested by Martin v Glazkov. Hearn made the offer to the winner Martin and AJ picked up his first World belt. The IBO and WBA belts sat idle for around 18 month iirc until Hearn petitioned AJ to fight for them against surprise surprise Wlad ! Wlad himself sitting idle for nearly two year since his loss to Fury. AJ went life and death with Wlad but did prevail and got the win. Nobody is denying that AJ won those belts fair and square because he did,but the opportunitys were only there because of Furys win and then his subsequent downfall .AJ then beat Parker to take his WBO belt so only Wilders WBC belt eludes him.Hopefully Hearn is not acting like GBP and using the same tactics they do to look after Clenelo and a fight between the Wilder/Fury winner and AJ does happen in 2019. After December 1st lets just see who calls who out to be Undisputed champion and who makes the excuses .

Edited by MickC
Sp
7 hours ago, Greyman said:

Just saw on YouTube that the British boxing board has ordered dubious to fight Gorman next and joe Joyce to fight hughie fury, so as you say the division is in good shape and Britain has the talent to unify and retain the belt for some years to come I,m really looking forward to dubious v Gorman as I think the winner will go on to be a real prospect, my money is on dubious but Gorman is very skilled so some good fights to look forward to ?

Dubois v Gorman is a good 50/50 match up of top British prospects and has been spoke about for a while. Joyce is moving quickly and has been looking to fight a few of the USA based fighters like Ortiz and Miller so not sure if he does fight Hughie, after Hughies last fight you would have to fancy Joyce handily though .

Edited by MickC
6 hours ago, pesky1972 said:

Check all the AJ haters. He’s ‘ducking’ fighters ? He’s fought a unification and a mandatory this year ffs..., and his record stacks up better than Wilder’s 40 and nobody.., and better than Fury’s one fight wonder career. Who has Fury fought since Klitschko?

And the sniping at Hearn.., all just jealousy. If you could generate hundreds of millions from a fight why the fcuk wouldn’t you?? Football analogy would be an 80k England sell out at Wembley against San Marino. Would you give them half the gate and TV money?

For what it’s worth I think AJ could fight both next year. Will he win? There’s only one way we’re all of us ever finding out ?

wel never know then

4 hours ago, Rusty_terrier said:

Excuses like aj is only where he is because of furys breakdown ?

Also why do folk keep mentioning firy beat wlad in "his own back yard" who gives a f**k where it was lol 

Excuses ? Facts are facts, AJ got the opportunitys because of Fury, a fact which is well acknowleged by AJ himself and Hearn. It makes a big difference where the fight is at especially for the travelling fighter, a fact most fans over look.

Travel, dealing with different times/jet lag

Upheaval travelling to a different country

different weather (not always)

Potential to lose trainers ( Peter and John cant get into America)

removed from home comforts/family environment

different time zone

different water

different food

different environment

dealing with atitude training ( not always)

training in a new different gym

being the away fighter/fighting in a new stadium with a lot less support

A lot more logistics to deal with

The list goes on, ask any fighter where they would prefer to fight and they will all say with home advantage .

Edited by MickC
16 minutes ago, Rusty_terrier said:

Your saying all thisbstuff massive walls of text.  But none of it mean much

Its a fact fury HAD to goto "wlads back yard"(as fury has said and many keep repeating on here). It makes no difference because he had no option 

2 big paragraphs and apart from the obvuous all you really have said is aj got the shots because of furys downfall

Lol none of it means much, your right I just stated the facts, something you dont agree with. Fury has travelled his full career, AJ has not once so far, thats another fact for you . You completeley over looking the difference a travelling fighter has to deal with says a lot . ?

Edited by MickC
2 minutes ago, Rusty_terrier said:

Fury has had no choice but to travel even for journeymen. Hes not enough of a draw.  AJ is. Fact. 

I like fury hes hilarious and no doubt can box. His fans are idiots tho. His only notable win outside "wlad in his own back yard" is derek chisora.  

Your wrong, Fury had the option to sign with Hearn and fight at home with fighters from Hearns stable but didnt want to wait to get the AJ fight having to go through Hearns fighters first, he wanted the AJ fight in his first fight back but Hearn declined it.Fury then went with Warren to go after Wilder and was also paid an extra 500,000 for each of his two comeback fights. Can he beat Wilder and Joshua ? Who knows but he is willing to fight both of them.