Boxing At The Weekend...

2 hours ago, Rusty_terrier said:

Ejoyed dave allen again. Wrestling music and irn bru for his opponent at the end haha

Always a good sport Dave Allen but he is frustrating to watch just wish he would sort his fitness out. 

If he had been fit that fight would if been over within 4 rounds 

• Like 1

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The THL fight club

Joshua really is just a straight acting kid no frills and tassles he doesnt fall into all the silly stuff that is popular with fighters these days he has the mindset that if he is good enough he will

f****n embarrassing the whole event !....now we're all going to have to listen to these mma divs saying their fighters can hang with pro boxers well played Fury you big melt ! And we're supposed

Posted Images

Bellew has managed to talk his way into lots of our money. Hes full of shit and didnt really deserve to be in a ring with  Usyk imo.  Even after a humiliating knockout he cant stop talking like hes the man of the moment.

Well done Mr Usyk! 

• Like 1
On 3 November 2018 at 03:07, jiggy said:

Typical. If somebody doesn't agree with your agenda start the name calling. Mohammed Ali was a big fcuking mouth piece as well. He was first and foremost a good boxer but realised he could sell more tickets by running his mouth and could back it up. The ones that don't mouth don't get noticed.

so your comparing Mcgregors mouth and others like him to Mohammed Ali , Ali was a good bloke with a good sense of humour , he took the piss out every one not just boxers ,it was all light hearted , not like that horrible cnut Mcgregor , you should learn by your mistakes , asnt Mcgregor got enough brain to know that mouthing off puts pressure on your self . i could name a 100 fighters who have made millions  with no mouth . 

Sounds like Wilder v Fury has only sold 8000 tickets with only 2 weeks left to the fight! My money is on it being cancelled if that doesn't improve drastically. Only a 21000 capacity venue and can't even half sell it and they both think they are the biggest draw in boxing???? To be fair I reckon most of them will be Fury fans.

I hope it doesn't get pulled, I'm really intrigued by this fight.

4 hours ago, Lenmcharristar said:

I think it’s more like an eliminator fight to see who gets a crack at aj first 

you never know, one thing though , who ever wins, Aj and his team  will deff be looking at both fighters , to see how they shape up  if they ever do fight him .?   h ope the fight still happens even though it not getting alot of interest , next April  Aj fighting  might be even Dillan Whyte  again, or even Usak  he going up to heayweight  , he do it easy  at 6ft 3 in  15st   , he could put  10 lb  and knock most heavyweights out, he hell of a puncher .

• Like 1

I think ur right bird, the thing with usyk in the fights I have seen is he gets hit. In the last one Bellew caught him with half a dozen good ones. That's the difference with Heavy weight when he steps up, I don't doubt his boxing skills and with his speed and accuracy he could out box most of em but if he gets hit square on the jaw properly by AJ, wilder, whyte, chisora etc he will be out of there.

Don't know why everyone says it's a poor division currently I think it's bang on. Heavy weight has been boring for last 15 years, finally getting some interest back to it.

• Like 2

Aj and his team have no intention of fighting Wilder or Fury anytime soon. Mcracken already said that AJ is not ready  for Wilder yet and everytime AJ is asked if hes going to fight one of them he cant give a straight answer. Wilder Fury and Joshua are the three top heavyweights but only two of them are wanting to face each other to see who the best one is at this moment in time.Wilder has no fan base and so its Fury who is the one who might lift the promotion with the ppv sales for there fight, hopefully the ppv figures are good so that Hearn can not hide behind lowball offers for the winner to face AJ . Wilder is the WBC champion so could have fought AJ next no problem as a unification fight holds precedence over defending against mandatorys,plus AJ has just defended against Povetkin who was his mandatory thats why he has a free slot for April so hence hasn't named who he is fighting yet. AJ has three of the four main belts including a fourth the lesser known IBO belt,the only belt he hasn't got is the WBC belt that Wilder currently has. Wilder has gambled by taking on Fury hoping he is not as ready as he could be after only two comeback fights to raise his profile should he win and also give him more bargaining power for an AJ fight. Fury has took the Wilder fight with the intention of if he wins he will jump the queue to face AJ.

Edited by MickC
1 hour ago, maxhardcore said:

And that's the state of heavyweight boxing when a World champion ain't ready to fight X or Y 

so will fight someone he's already beat in Whyte a couple of years back ffs

Its all about the money and ripping off mug punters.

Totally agree max, if he ain’t ready to fight any fighter in the division then he shouldn’t be holding the belts and ducking people, aj fights twice a year but big George foreman fought 5 in 1 night. Credit to fury though he’s a marmite kind of guy but he has defo brought life back into the top division. Still fancy him to out box wilder and win.

Might be a daft question but how comes Wilder isn't at the top of the list for the other belts to be a mandatory? I.e. why was it povetkin and not him? Also why isn't AJ top of the WBC list as mandatory? If they are the 2 highest ranked active fighters surely they should be No1 and No2 on every list?

4 minutes ago, ryaldinhio said:

Might be a daft question but how comes Wilder isn't at the top of the list for the other belts to be a mandatory? I.e. why was it povetkin and not him? Also why isn't AJ top of the WBC list as mandatory? If they are the 2 highest ranked active fighters surely they should be No1 and No2 on every list?

They’re 2 dodging gits, want to both retire undefeated so will fight the ordinary joes and not take huge risks, if I was the boxing board I’d make them fight for a supreme title as champion of champions