Boxing At The Weekend...

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The THL fight club

Just got back from my lads first fight.  Think I was more nervous than him!

f****n embarrassing the whole event !....now we're all going to have to listen to these mma divs saying their fighters can hang with pro boxers well played Fury you big melt ! And we're supposed

Posted Images

1 minute ago, walshie said:

It's obvious who the Fury fans are, but how anyone can make excuses for that pathetic performance last night is beyond me. Hughie won't "come back" as he has never been anywhere in the first place. 

Can't give you a like, so I,ll give you a big X because I was starting to think I,d been in a parallel universe, watching a different fight to others on here, there was nothing positive, nothing to work on and nothing to build on for the future, it,s like people are expecting a poor journey man to bring home a world title, he,s had two attempts at moving up in class and been found severely lacking both times

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Agree with walshie and greyman hughie fury is miles away from being a world class boxer and he proved that last night ... he couldn’t get a shot on target he couldn’t adjust his boxing style he gassed out by round 8 and just looked big and clumsy ... he never has been and never will be world class .........

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Billy b said:

Hughie lost his head after the cut, and went into desperate mode, shouldlve just stuck to what was working, which was the most positive he's come out in his career

hughie has great footwork but lost all that after the cut, but even still he didn't seem properly conditioned 

I still rate hughie & think he can come again, he's young, he should chase a Euro belt now, leave off world for a bit, it is what it is , on the night the best man won, whatever else can be said 

knew cheeseman would be too much for byfield, cheeseman gets better each time he fights and prograis was always going to have far too much for Flanagan 

they always blame the fitness when they start to lose, il tell you what its called, gutless ,they give up , most have got a mouth to go  with it , one hard fight for tyson and i think he,l go the same way too , nothing wrong with giving up if you admit it

AJ must be the most fortunate of heavy weight champions, ever, if last night is what he has to fight, then no wonder he always looks happy.  He could have saved time and jumped into the ring and dropped both of them together. pitiful display. 

• Haha 1
5 hours ago, socks said:

Agree with walshie and greyman hughie fury is miles away from being a world class boxer and he proved that last night ... he couldn’t get a shot on target he couldn’t adjust his boxing style he gassed out by round 8 and just looked big and clumsy ... he never has been and never will be world class .........

Understatement even by your standards Ken.

Cheers, D.

8 hours ago, maxhardcore said:

24 ain't young for a Heavyweight ???

Giveover.

He needs to sort his conditioning and strength out imo without a doubt but if he keeps busy and focoused he has time on his side to contend in the Heavyweight division.

The reason I like the Furys is they Duck no one and they will travel into any fighters backyard for a fight.

There is Tyson Fury second ? Third ? Fight back after a 3 year bender going into Wilders back yard to fight him when we have a man most are pulling themselfs silly over who has been busy for 3-4 years and who is fit as a fiddle ducking the same Wilder.

Fast Eddie is Conning folk out of their hard earned imo ?

How can he contend max fought to decent fighters lost both and who has tyson fought in his come back to warrant a crack at wilder belt really two journey men im no boxing expert far from it but I hope fury wins but it's all about the money that's why they  travel and fury knows he won't get a shot at aj unless he beats the likes of wilder 

33 minutes ago, maxhardcore said:

Wilder is on record saying AJ bottled it and Fury did not .

But isn't aj fighting the winner max I can't see hughie winning a belt or being capable of winning one but I can see tyson frustrating and tiring wilder for the win providing its the same fury that won the title 

think the performance of the 2 Fury clowns just goes to show that they should stick to pub car parks with the closest they get to PPV being youtube from someones phone, both of them talk a good fight, utter complete bullshit to promote it and when they get into the ring it`s either a spoiler to get the win or a complete shambles hoping for the "one punch" KO, for actual boxing fans the pair of them shame the sport

• Like 1

Any fan of the sport of boxing should be hoping wilder gets humiliated as he not a boxer in traditional sense ie technique just wild swinging windmills only odd straight punch but he can use it very well and it only way he got chance beeting fury as he got what most think is good fundamentals but that why im looking forward to it. I think hughie been rushed because of fury if he wasnt his cousin he probably still learning in ameteurs not trying do what his cousin has 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, neil82 said:

think the performance of the 2 Fury clowns just goes to show that they should stick to pub car parks with the closest they get to PPV being youtube from someones phone, both of them talk a good fight, utter complete bullshit to promote it and when they get into the ring it`s either a spoiler to get the win or a complete shambles hoping for the "one punch" KO, for actual boxing fans the pair of them shame the sport

fury done great job with wilder selling this fight no doubt about, it will be either fury backing his mouth, and beat wilder which i hope he does . and if that happens , Aj will have to fight him to get his 4 belts. But it all ok talking and doing a bit on the pads, he not had a hard proper fight for 2 1/2 years , and there noting to compare to a man trying to knock you  out in 12 rounds of boxing.Wilder is a crap boxer , but he can deff knock'em over , a  fit/strong 16st man like wilder will deff be dangerous  for fury,  to keep wilder a way from him for 12 rounds will be hard as soon as fury starts to tier, then wilder will go in for the KO . but i hope i am wrong and Fury wins, and if he does there good chance he beat Aj , and get all 4 belts , Fury could deff do it. But and big But he got to get past wilder 1st ??? , i wont pay for it and watch it , i pay for the next fight with Aj and who ever  wins  hope fury does it ..!!