Boxing At The Weekend...

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The THL fight club

f****n embarrassing the whole event !....now we're all going to have to listen to these mma divs saying their fighters can hang with pro boxers well played Fury you big melt ! And we're supposed

Just got back from my lads first fight.  Think I was more nervous than him!

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, greg64 said:

granted the heavyweight division are getting bigger and heavier ,i think they should have a super heavy weight division 

There's been giants all throughout the history of the sport, if they're good enough they're big enough.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, bird said:

yeh to me and you ?,  mike tyson  was 5 ft 11 in   but his natural  weight was  16 st  , he could get in with much  bigger blokes   and punch well above his weight  , as he did KO  lot bigger men . Bellew   pumped up   1  1/2 st , a natural  fit /strong heavy  would kill him 100%  , its as simple as that mate .

Haye knew he was beat before he entered ring. His interviews before fight were very humble.( not like his usual mouthy self) He was just there to collect the 4 million retiring cheque

• Like 2

Bellew has got to milk it while he can, it's crazy to think that win lastnight will have got him places. He might as well make "Haye" while the sun shines and earn as much as he can. A fight with Fury is looking possible IMO.

21 hours ago, Kerny92 said:

There's been giants all throughout the history of the sport, if they're good enough they're big enough.

your right, its not the size of the  dog in the fight its the size of the fight in the dog, they seem to go gun shy quicker these days its more about money than pride.

I think it's safe to say the bigger guys have become more skilful over the years and the rules i.e, 12 rounds, bigger gloves..... are now more suited to the SHW than the early years with more rounds and smaller gloves. But like I've said the skilled smaller fighters have always done well despite giving away weight. Joe Louis made a living out of demolishing big brutes, Holyfield fought toe-to-toe with some of the best SHW's of all time. 

Fury looked comfortable tonight. Finished the fight with some decent right hands. Moved and jabbed ok mostly kept the fight at distance. A long hard road ahead if he is  to progress.

• Like 1
45 minutes ago, Kerny92 said:

Lomachenko surely cements himself as P4P number 1 after that performance. 3 world titles in 3 different divisions in only 12 fights, unheard of! Arguably the best fighter of the last 20 years IMO.

He should be I agree, but will he get the credit he deserves ? With GBP owning Ring Magazine the true lb for lb fighters are not getting the recognition they deserve anymore. That's why Clenelo is rated lb for lb no1 when he should really be lucky to be in the top 10 ,and after his failed drug tests should not even be ranked. GBP is a big part of the problem with corruption in boxing these days .

1 minute ago, MickC said:

He should be I agree, but will he get the credit he deserves ? With GBP owning Ring Magazine the true lb for lb fighters are not getting the recognition they deserve anymore. That's why Clenelo is rated lb for lb no1 when he should really be lucky to be in the top 10 ,and after his failed drug tests should not even be ranked. GBP is a big part of the problem with corruption in boxing these days .

See that Fishnet Freak celebrating last night when Linares scored the knockdown. Another thing that nobody noticed was the terrible acne all over his body. I think Golden Girl has been stocking up on that mexican meat. 

• Like 1

Unbelievable feat. 3 weight champ in only 12 fights. 396/1 amateur record. Lomachenko is as good as I have seen. Love watching him box his movement is something else. Last night is probably the 1st time he has had to really dig deep and show some heart as well. 

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, Kerny92 said:

See that Fishnet Freak celebrating last night when Linares scored the knockdown. Another thing that nobody noticed was the terrible acne all over his body. I think Golden Girl has been stocking up on that mexican meat. 

Hopkins was juicing for years with GBP and getting away with it,he always refused to be tested,makes you wonder actually how long they have been using juice.GBP should be investigated with some of the stunts they have pulled over the years as well as the way they conduct business. Things like buying Ring Magazine to elevate there own fighters over the true best fighters is all wrong . Ring Magazine should be independent of anybody/organisations that work in boxing especially promoters .

22 minutes ago, Liamboy said:

Unbelievable feat. 3 weight champ in only 12 fights. 396/1 amateur record. Lomachenko is as good as I have seen. Love watching him box his movement is something else. Last night is probably the 1st time he has had to really dig deep and show some heart as well. 

He does all that by dominating fights, not by basing his fight on being super defensive like Mayweather. I know who I'd sooner watch.

• Like 1