Boxing At The Weekend...

Very good chance of Klitschko getting knocked out if he tries to bring the fight to Fury imo.

He'll be walking onto shots with next to no head movement and he'll have no way of escaping if need to,he can't rest in the clinch or get out of range like he could against smaller opponents.

So unfortunately it'll be another poor performance imo,with him scared to engage waiting for an opportunity to open up that never comes.

I cant see it.....he will know in his heart whether he is shot or not and if he doesnt think he is then what would be the point of taking the fight and doing what he did last time ?.......i dont think any fighter likes to end their career on a sour note theres losing and theres not showing up as a true competitor i think he will want to go out on his shield....likewise it wouldnt surprise me one bit if at some point we see Pacquiao throw a challenge out to Mayweather for the exact same reason.

Well those are the 2 scenarios I see as most likely,if he changes tactics and tries to pressure Fury I think Fury will land some big shots while avoiding taking much damage and likely stop him.

Or he could try and bide his time and wait for Fury to make a mistake and try and capitalize.

I can't see any other options going by the last fight.

What fight plan do you think is his best bet?

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The THL fight club

Joshua really is just a straight acting kid no frills and tassles he doesnt fall into all the silly stuff that is popular with fighters these days he has the mindset that if he is good enough he will

f****n embarrassing the whole event !....now we're all going to have to listen to these mma divs saying their fighters can hang with pro boxers well played Fury you big melt ! And we're supposed

Posted Images

Maybe there is some jealousy but to be fair he's had to do things the hard way when joshua has had a much easier time of it .that's not to detract from joshua he's obviously got tallent but I can see it from furys view ...I'd be fecking jealous!

How do you work that out ?.......If either of them have had an easy time its Fury.......Fury didnt have the weight of expectation of an Olympic medal hanging round his neck.......after 32 rounds of pro boxing Joshua was pushed into a world title fight......after 32 rounds of pro boxing Fury was still being allowed to learn and develop knocking over cab drivers he was given the best part of 8 years to get to the same stage of his career Joshua was pushed to in 2 years........ Fury is a gypsy warrior who has been fighting since he was in the cot hasnt he ?.....Joshua was 18 years old before he even laced a glove up.

Do things the hard way my arse Fury has been left alone and allowed to develop at his own pace,allowed to get knocked over by journeymen and learn from it,allowed to complete his learning as a young pro.........Joshua has been forced to start defending a world title before he has even finished learning his trade !

I'm talking about the titles. ..fury went to Germany and against all odds and did what was thought to be impossible

And beat klitschko the super champion the traveller boy who became world champion theres a movie right there... now aj who I rate as I've said has obvious tallent through no fault of his own fought martin a poor champion at best have a look at his record http://boxrec.com/boxer/631078 most his opponents are unranked. So in that respect yeah I think it fair to say fury had the much harder deal..as for aj having to defend the title I'm sure he wouldent have fought for the title if he didn't think he could defend it.

he was rared on a camp ,bet he wasnt even jegged for parvo ,movie my cobblers.

Hughie fury top of the bill on boxnation.

https://youtu.be/FDO4MiCXsKE

Hughie is stepping in to head line as Billy Joe Saunders has had to pull out due to a hand injury...a quick look at the fella hes fightings record...only name that jumps out is a draw with Chris Arreola who was stopped by Stiverne in a fight for the vacant WBC belt...Wilder went on to beat Stiverne...Hughie is only about 22...he seems to lack power...but maybe he will improve develop with age...maybe he dont...but the lads a decent boxer for sure

Maybe there is some jealousy but to be fair he's had to do things the hard way when joshua has had a much easier time of it .that's not to detract from joshua he's obviously got tallent but I can see it from furys view ...I'd be fecking jealous!

How do you work that out ?.......If either of them have had an easy time its Fury.......Fury didnt have the weight of expectation of an Olympic medal hanging round his neck.......after 32 rounds of pro boxing Joshua was pushed into a world title fight......after 32 rounds of pro boxing Fury was still being allowed to learn and develop knocking over cab drivers he was given the best part of 8 years to get to the same stage of his career Joshua was pushed to in 2 years........ Fury is a gypsy warrior who has been fighting since he was in the cot hasnt he ?.....Joshua was 18 years old before he even laced a glove up.

Do things the hard way my arse Fury has been left alone and allowed to develop at his own pace,allowed to get knocked over by journeymen and learn from it,allowed to complete his learning as a young pro.........Joshua has been forced to start defending a world title before he has even finished learning his trade !

What can AJ do to appease the boxing masses? If he took another 4-5 lets call them mediocre fights he would slated for having an easy ride, a similar finger was pointed at Bruno, I would prefer to call it schooling and learning the trade. But no AJ has taken all fights offered and produced the goods in a remarkable way. I just hope he has not won the belt to soon for his own good, being a world champion and learning at the same time could be a painful education, but I will stick my neck out to say I think AJ will become one of the greatest and most popular heavyweights the UK has ever seen.

didnt big frank jump streight in with tyson

yeh, but tyson could punch , the only fighter at moment aj would struggle with his haye regards punching power, aj will beat T/F now, but they prob keep him away from haye for another 18 months :yes:

Theres a good dozen heavyweights out there right now that would of given Joshua a better run for his money than Charles Martin...not saying they would of beat him...check out the Cuban south paw Luis Ortiz...i think he would send Haye straight back into retirement...if Ortiz can keep away from the P.E.Ds could wreck havoc on the division

Love him or hate him...fact is if Fury hadnt of taken the belt off Klitschko...Joshua wouldnt be wearing it now...and thats what sticks in the throats of alot of boxing fans...the fact Martin came halfway round the world to make his first defense of the title shows its more about money than anything else...none of thats Joshuas fault...but all the likes of me want to see is Joshua in a good competitive fight...interested to see the outcome of the Takam-v-Parker IBF eliminator...then we a step closer...would like to see Joshua in with Parker...would also like to see him in with Tyson Fury...potentially some good fights out there to be made

• Like 2

You say 8 years learning curv Gnash

Wasn't 18 mths to 2 years of that 8 without a fight due to the likes of Haye and Chisora pulling out on númerous occasions ?

Fury and Joshua are around the same age

This year is when them two should be getting it on.

It's what the paying public want to see

Boxers are nothing without the paying public.

If it comes off this year I think Fury stops AJ between rounds 9/12 or wins on points.

nope, Fury wont get in to close in any round, he will try to score of his jab using his long reach, yeh would win on points like so . But this is the BIG but, they will know this in AJ corner , and send him to get as close as possible to land his big punches, because they know Fury not big hitter so get in close. You will find AJ will KO Fury round 6-7 , they wont like the fight to go the distance , as Fury could win on points .!!

You say 8 years learning curv Gnash

Wasn't 18 mths to 2 years of that 8 without a fight due to the likes of Haye and Chisora pulling out on númerous occasions ?

Fury and Joshua are around the same age

This year is when them two should be getting it on.

It's what the paying public want to see

Boxers are nothing without the paying public.

If it comes off this year I think Fury stops AJ between rounds 9/12 or wins on points.

nope, Fury wont get in to close in any round, he will try to score of his jab using his long reach, yeh would win on points like so . But this is the BIG but, they will know this in AJ corner , and send him to get as close as possible to land his big punches, because they know Fury not big hitter so get in close. You will find AJ will KO Fury round 6-7 , they wont like the fight to go the distance , as Fury could win on points .!!

He's not a big hitter but let's face it neither was the Cuban who stopped him in the amateurs while an had Head gear on and fighting with Amatuer gloves lol first time we've seen an hit in the pros he didn't handle it well either I reckon old fury could blast China chin femi out if there if he wanted

I hope Fury and Joshua do fight this year as it's an intriguing match up as both are still novices learning the game and both fighters have their own merits and will make a fortune from fighting each other,with a strong bill and the right venue this could beat the crowd for Froch/Groves 1. A lot of people are thinking that because Fury isn't a banger Joshua can go after him and stop him. I'm not seeing it that way,if Wlad the best Heavyweight fighter of the last decade was frozen out and made to look terrible by Furys tactics/ring generalship ( naysayers call it what you will,bore fest/negative tactics but highly effective ) I'm not sure Joshua with a lot less experience than Wlad can get to Fury. If they fight ,either Fury negates Joshua's tactics and clowns him like he did Wlad or Joshua gets to him and stops him. This is the fight the public wants and the winner of this fight can go on to fight and make even more money,even the loser will still be able to make silly money with other domestic match ups .

Edited by MickC
  • Like 2