Boxing At The Weekend...

Stone the crows 23 pages and barely a single post about the boxing at the weekend :D ....i havent read through the lot but some of it is quite comical.....and thats not even the cyber tussle :D

Well i thought it was an interesting show our little lads Teddy Cheeseman and Ohara Davies both had good wins......Davies is starting to look more and more like a young Dennis Andries in the Kronk gold !.....he certainly hits hard and now English Champion i cant see many lightweights queuing up to fight him.......i thought Selby looked vulnerable and had the opponent put his foot on the gas a bit more there might of been an upset.......Groves.....well he was just Groves.......and big Joshua did everything expected of him it was a punch perfect display he was precise and clinical.......Tony Sims got his preparation exactly right......in the build up they was concentrating hard on footwork,Tony kept things simple as he wasnt happy about the fight at all ( which may yet all end in tears ) and his sparring was all about discipline in not letting his right hand go unless his front foot was on the outside it was quite funny to watch how deliberate he was doing it and that even showed in the fight itself.......personally i cant see what there is to dislike about Joshua as a man or as a sportsman he carries himself superbly,is polite and articulate.......why any Brit wouldnt want to see him continue to succeed is beyond me.

:thumbs:

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The THL fight club

Just got back from my lads first fight.  Think I was more nervous than him!

Joshua really is just a straight acting kid no frills and tassles he doesnt fall into all the silly stuff that is popular with fighters these days he has the mindset that if he is good enough he will

Posted Images

I can't agree more on the way Joshua carries himself, spent ages after the fight signing autographs etc, comes across as real nice down to earth lad,

There's room for all of these British fighters, Fury plays the clown it gets people talking, not my cup of tea but each to there own, can only be good for British fighters and fight fans to have all the interest around British heavyweights.

Joshua really is just a straight acting kid no frills and tassles he doesnt fall into all the silly stuff that is popular with fighters these days he has the mindset that if he is good enough he will get there and if he,s not he wont......he,s just a street kid chasing his dreams but not willing to degrade himself in doing so i admire that......like many of us boxing gave him a focus when he was destined for a life of crime Johnny Oliver took him in and worked with him at Finchley and he has gone from strength to strength not just as a young athlete but as a man.......where he has come from,the way he conducts himself,the respect he shows his fellow competitor stands for everything that is great about the sport of boxing in my opinion.

• Like 13

just my opinion, i think hughie looks a better boxer than tyson, but tysons size and strange awkward style would perhaps cause joshua more problems. either way,i believe joshua would have the measure of both those fighters already

• Like 1

I think if Hughie get in the ring with AJ it a be the end of his Boxing days. And maybe his life lol

Hoes that then Hughie fury would beat that gifted world and Olympic hype job tommorow lol

And the charity of my choice will be up 1 gand
  • Like 1

From what I have seen of hughie, Joshua will take hes head off.

Those who think differently ain't thinking straight.

All your going by is ajs power which yes if he connects it would cause a ko atleast devastating power but Come on that's all he's got really isn't it it doesn't take an expert to see Hughie has better overall boxing skills better movement etc than Joshua as all had had is a power punch he holds his head outwards and has. Habit of poking his younger out at opponents any fast moving heavyweight won't have a problem to connect with him also I have never seen much of any head movement atall from him

All your going by is ajs power which yes if he connects it would cause a ko atleast devastating power but Come on that's all he's got really isn't it it doesn't take an expert to see Hughie has better overall boxing skills better movement etc than Joshua as all had had is a power punch he holds his head outwards and has. Habit of poking his younger out at opponents any fast moving heavyweight won't have a problem to connect with him also I have never seen much of any head movement atall from him

mate u off your head. I think any one with fury in there name shouldn't be aloud to box

mate u off your head. I think any one with fury in there name shouldn't be aloud to box

Of my head when I look for boxing ability over power what's the matter jealous travellers are doing good for themselves

So tell me, what fight have you seen hughie do these things?

Ive watched every one of hes fights and tbh I can't see him go past British title level.

So tell me, what fight have you seen hughie do these things?

Ive watched every one of hes fights and tbh I can't see him go past British title level.

Great movement fast hands and great footwork good head movement targets the body an awful lot and isn't a headhunter doesn't leave his chin in the air with no defence like aj just mark

My words the fury cousins will rule boxing like the klitschko brothers did