It needs culling it has Spurs which means it probably stopped laying also looks like it ls got scaly leg. Just a cross in my opinion def not a marsh daisy.

I've got marsh daisy pullets here that are chucking Spurs

Where you get the Marsh daisies from mate?

My uncle breeds them pal ,if any hatch that he sees having a fault he puts them on my dads small holding my dad just collects the eggs to eat . How's the pigeons pal I kept four pairs out of the lot I bought most where not what I was looking for .

Thanks MoChara, yours are really similar. The two of mine do have heads and necks like Rhode Island Reds. I was given these by a friend who tries to keep his flock pure, but seems to have bertie bassetts just like mine to me.

I generally keep my hens till they cark it from natural causes. These are the oldest since 'Evil Bantam' fell out of the tree in the night.

Out of five hens I average 4 eggs most days.

no problem.. And I have an evil bantam who I hopes accidentally lands inside a foxes mouth.! Evil isn't the word. Attacks me everyday.

And to think I helped him out of egg when he was chick!! Grr

His name is peanut :icon_eek:

My uncle breeds them pal ,if any hatch that he sees having a fault he puts them on my dads small holding my dad just collects the eggs to eat . How's the pigeons pal I kept four pairs out of the lot I bought most where not what I was looking for .

I looked everywhere for marsh daisies when I kept hens, trying to bring them back to their home town, probably a relative of mine who created them too ;)

The pigeons are still here but the weather is keeping them in a lot at the mo. Did you get stung with the birds?

I looked everywhere for marsh daisies when I kept hens, trying to bring them back to their home town, probably a relative of mine who created them too ;)

The pigeons are still here but the weather is keeping them in a lot at the mo. Did you get stung with the birds?

I wouldn't say stung but a lot of birds where put to stock that shouldn't of been so I just thinned out what I didn't want

This is the run and why I let them out. It is getting a bit chicken sick, despite bringing in squares of turf.

Last year I covered the ground with cut long grass/hay - I don't use lawnmower cuttings as that is too dense - but when it got wet I just had a large compost heap.

Hen%20Run%20April%202016%20003_zpssjjbvh

I have a re-seeded 'quarantine run' behind them, they are too stupid to work out how to get there though, or just want to go to cause mayhem next door.

Quarantine Run is just behind them, here

Hen%20Run%20April%202016%20005_zpsi8x8u9

I try and use sand where possible seems to soak up and trap odours too. I line bottom off coops in it makes for easier cleaning, if needs be a pooper scooper to it daily just lifted the dirt sand falls back through.

Great job for my ducks too as there water messy buggers lol