Took The Kids For A Quick Shine

Monday night and the kids wanted to have a lamp, after a bit of a shit day for them as we cleared the house and no school the next day, I obliged.

They were good as gold, my girls 8 and walked well on the hilly ground for a couple of miles,

They saw a decent herd of fallow which we watched for a few minutes making there way around a woodland, and a fox...

They had to wait a while for the first catch, but the 2nd came in the next slip, that was the last 2 fields.

A bunny each to the 2 dogs and a cheer from the kids when Fergie scooped her's up, she's quickly become their favourite!!

Was nice having them with me for an hour or 2, and I'd be surprised if my little girl particulary doesnt keep it up as she grows, she loves the dogs and ferrets and will come out at the drop of a hat..

image_zps41btpp0u.jpeg

• Like 12

Wrong time of year for lamping/hunting setting a bad example i would say when has anything got time to breed no wonder theres nowt about at winter when folks are lamping in breeding season!!

Haha, fair enough mate.

2 rabbits!! Ffs to give the kids a walk out, hardly wanton slaughter is it!!

Funny was yapping to a plunked week, he shot 14 the night before next to this bit of permo, with night vision, I reckon we scared more than we caught...

Anyhow I've kept this permission going for over 8 years now, and catch game in it every year, so no worries here mate

• Like 3

Always a nice post when I see kids getting Involved ...well done..nice little post ..keep at it..carnt keep dogs locked up all year.. Speshey pups..

Cheers mate

The pup will be ticked over until September, I've enough land to get at not to ruin anything

• Like 1

Wrong time of year for lamping/hunting setting a bad example i would say when has anything got time to breed no wonder theres nowt about at winter when folks are lamping in breeding season!!

Haha, fair enough mate.

Funny was yapping to a plunked week, he shot 14 the night before next to this bit of permo, with night vision, I reckon we scared more than we caught...

Anyhow I've kept this permission going for over 8 years now, and catch game in it every year, so no worries here mate

Haha, fair enough mate.

still out of season in my book just because some other clown does it doesnt make it right each to there i suppose not my way of doing things not setting much of an example for future hunters thincking that killing breeding animals is right

Haha, fair enough mate.

still out of season in my book just because some other clown does it doesnt make it right each to there i suppose not my way of doing things not setting much of an example for future hunters thincking that killing breeding animals is right

My kids are shown the right way in everything mate,

Years ago we hunted rabbits any month with an R in it, I catch rabbits every year now carrying young in December/January, the seasons are to f**k and we all know that.

As much of what I show my kids is a nature watch as opposed to killing, we've just got into April, I'm all but done, the ferrets are away until September, just a big of mooching now.

• Like 2

It's great to get the kids out. My eldest daughter used to love coming beagling, fishing and ferreting when she was younger. And my youngest girl loves coming mooching and lamping. Like yours, she gives a little cheer whenever the dogs catch!

• Like 1

Lurcher666phil when I read your post thought you was having a bit of wind up, the man takes his two kids to flick the lamp about see a bit of wildlife & what there dad does in his spare time & caught a couple of rabbits feck me chill out atb Flacko

• Like 5