Pros And Cons Of Micro Chipping

if you dont have them chipped all you are doing is opening the door for more questions to be asked and more reason for them to look at your dog again when you have to take it to there vets to be chipped, let them scan the chip and be on there way

it's never just a quick scan then on your way more like 30-40mins later after the car checks driver checks dog checks and so on. All fine and Dandy as you should be legal but a ball ache when you had a long day
  • Like 1

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There are some shocking comments here.   These days chipping your dog is cheaper than a box of smokes. If you value your dogs get them chipped and don't worry if they "Don't make the grade" or not.

When's the compulsory chipping of garden shitting cats taking place.

if you dont have them chipped all you are doing is opening the door for more questions to be asked and more reason for them to look at your dog again when you have to take it to there vets to be chipped, let them scan the chip and be on there way

it's never just a quick scan then on your way more like 30-40mins later after the car checks driver checks dog checks and so on. All fine and Dandy as you should be legal but a ball ache when you had a long day

Reckon we are lucky round here, had my Christmas roe (road kill)in the back of Volvo estate in a state of rigor so legs pointing straight up.Went around roundabout ended up with cop car in front and one behind me then one indicated to turn right so stopped behind it,other cop car behind me I thought here we go, but nothing they both turned right and I continued home.

They probably didn't want their McDonald's getting cold:)

Hardly see any coppers tbh. Cut backs arnt all bad.

• Like 1

Surely it's a duty of care thing if you chip your dogs, just another way of increasing the chances of your dogs being returned if lost. I've always had mine done as pups, I'm a little more curious as to why you wouldn't though? Is it just incase your dog is doing something it shouldn't be? Or is because the government are telling you that you have to and you just don't like being dictated to? Genuinely curious not trying to ruffle feathers... Also do you think microchipping would be compulsory if it weren't for the minority of nobs out there that don't look after their animals properly, do get up to things that they definitely should not be, for the welfare of the dogs or hang around street corners intimidating people with their Chavvy Chihuahua's,,,,, Probably not... Explain to me the major benefits of not having your dogs chipped, I don't want to judge anybody just want to understand.

You seriously think this will STOP animal abuse? As for "doing something I shouldnt be" Well there aint a lot left I can do legally now is there,since the government has made it all criminal and taken away my freedom to hunt even though I was hurting nobody. You seem to think Its alright to punish me because others are irresponsible.

You seem to have taken that a bit personally, which is unnecessary. As for animal abuse of coarse it won't stop it, that's why I didn't mention that. By 'duty of care' I mean its our duty to take care of our animals as best we seem fit... We are all in the same boat as far as the law is concerned so it's not just your freedom to hunt and I certainly wouldn't want you to be punished due to some pricks irresponsible actions, be it to their dogs or what they get up to... This is the point, we need to be accountable for what we/our dogs do for there to be any longevity in our sport, which is already hanging on by a thread. If somebody is confident in how they look after and work their dogs then whats the problem?

If your dog gets onto quarry that isn't on the list by accident, then thats unfortunate, but it's an accident what can you do? Its still not a great reason to not chip. It's not the cost, because it's pennies at the end of the day. The biggest investment is in the dog itself, all your time training, feeding and building a bond, if it was to end up in a pound because it got lost and couldn't be identified I learnt today that it could be PTS in 7 days in some area's. If it's chipped it could be home with you that evening... It's a no brainer!

• Like 3

I think its a great idea to be fair one things for sure it will slow dog peddlers up abit as pups have to be chipped to the breeders name before sale then changed over to the new owners name after sale this could help with the amount of shit being bred for money take the profit away from the peddlers

• Like 1